mga

Clinton Township, MI

#1 Mar 5, 2013
Hi, a few weeks ago my dog, and a neighobrs dog, both dies suddenly. One day they were fine, the next they were very weak, next thing you know they passed away, within a day. Vet cannot say for sure why, could not confirm if rat posion a possibility. Just wondering if this has happanded to anyone else pets. The dogs were between 6 and 8 years old. Just don't want this to happan to anyone elses dogs or cats. We are at 11 and Jefferson. Thanks
check the map

Southgate, MI

#2 Mar 5, 2013
There is a map showing the location and number of city placed bait boxes. Check it and see if there are any around that area.
The city

Roseville, MI

#3 Mar 5, 2013
mga wrote:
Hi, a few weeks ago my dog, and a neighobrs dog, both dies suddenly. One day they were fine, the next they were very weak, next thing you know they passed away, within a day. Vet cannot say for sure why, could not confirm if rat posion a possibility. Just wondering if this has happanded to anyone else pets. The dogs were between 6 and 8 years old. Just don't want this to happan to anyone elses dogs or cats. We are at 11 and Jefferson. Thanks
The dogs didnt die from rat poison it was their time to go.
So How Does It Happen

Plymouth, MI

#4 Mar 6, 2013
mga wrote:
Sorry to hear about your dog passing away. I do have a question though. If you didn't have any rat poison in YOUR yard and you don't let your dog go in your neighbors yards or run loose/off-leash, how can your dog come in contact with any poison? In my neighborhood there are cats running loose constantly and it's very difficult to keep them out of a yard. But all the dogs are on a leash when out of their own yard. So if I have a bait box in the bushes near my front porch, how does a leashed dog get to it?
Seriously

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#5 Mar 6, 2013
The dog does not have to come in contact with the bait box or the poison. If the rat eats the poison it becomes a ticking time bomb. If a dog eats that rat's droppings or the rat itself, the dog can become sick. The same holds true for any other animal or bird.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eastpointe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What we still owe our Vietnam veterans Sun Faith 4
Crybaby Mangina Sep 21 Kevin M 4
The Rusie Clan Sep 21 Vote 8
Erin Stahl tries again Sep 21 Libra 36
Scott Dodich for St. Clair Shores Sep 20 South End 15
Candice Rusie Sep 19 Eyes Wide Open 38
I want to smell a man's ass! Help (Apr '12) Sep 14 Daddy59 13

Eastpointe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance