Ma and Pa Businesses around here Suck!

Ma and Pa Businesses around here Suck!

Posted in the Eastpointe Forum

Sleepless in Shores

Grosse Pointe, MI

#1 May 8, 2013
When I say Ma and Pa, mean locally owned non-chain businesses. No wonder these places are dropping like flies. My experience this weekend:
Needed a hardware store. Tried 2 local places early Sat morning. One place the sign said open at 8am. Was there at 8, nobody there. The other didn't open till 10. Later that night, went back at 6:30pm and closed already.
Next, needed a small part for my lawnmower. 1st place told me he doesn't carry parts for "those shit" machines. The other one had the part but wanted to charge me $11.85 for it. The exact part online was $2.99. I expected to pay more, but not 400% more. I said the part doesn't cost that much, and he said he knew he was the only one in town that had them and that he could charge whatever he wanted. I declined to buy it and somebody called me an asshole from the back room.
Next, Bought a beef tenderloin on sale at a local market that has a meat counter. Got it home and it smelled like dogshit. Went back 20 minutes later. The mgr. told me there was nothing she could do about "used" meat, and that It didn't look like the one I bought there. I didn't argue. I slipped it under a shelving unit on my way out.
These people all deserve to go bankrupt if they treat people this way AND charge twice as much as the big boxes.
sour grapes

Denver, CO

#3 May 8, 2013
Better head over to Best Buy. They are having a beef sale today only! This story smells like your tenderloin.
Betty

Grosse Pointe, MI

#4 May 8, 2013
I am ashamed to say that I have had the same thing happen to me recently at a local fish market. I showed up 10 minutes before they were supposed to close and the owner was putting up the closed sign. He pretended not to see me but I knocked on the window and he let me in . I asked if he had any halibut. I needed 3 pounds but he only had 1 pound. The one piece he had looked like it was 2 weeks old and he was charging $25.50lb! I said thank-you and told him It wouldn't work for me. As he let me out he said "I'm sure glad I stayed open for you" Needless to say, I'll never be back.
Betty

Grosse Pointe, MI

#5 May 8, 2013
sour grapes wrote:
Better head over to Best Buy. They are having a beef sale today only! This story smells like your tenderloin.
Funny, If anybody is interested, I'd be happy to say the names of the stores I visited. At first I thought I might get into trouble, but you know what, screw them. I will tell you the market I went to, the mgr's name and the exact placement of the tenderloin in question.
Running again question

Roseville, MI

#6 May 8, 2013
Thank you for all the BS you continue posting.

P.S. I bet it stops when you die.
sour grapes

Southgate, MI

#7 May 8, 2013
Betty wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, If anybody is interested, I'd be happy to say the names of the stores I visited. At first I thought I might get into trouble, but you know what, screw them. I will tell you the market I went to, the mgr's name and the exact placement of the tenderloin in question.
Ok letss spill the beans. I'll bet you wont do it. You wont get in trouble J.D. will protect you.
scs business owner

Roseville, MI

#8 May 8, 2013
Betty wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, If anybody is interested, I'd be happy to say the names of the stores I visited. At first I thought I might get into trouble, but you know what, screw them. I will tell you the market I went to, the mgr's name and the exact placement of the tenderloin in question.
Please..........i want to know the places you went two and was treated so poorly
sour grapes

Denver, CO

#9 May 9, 2013
scs business owner wrote:
<quoted text>
Please..........i want to know the places you went two and was treated so poorly
Don't hold your breath waiting for the reply. This will somehow be connected to a sitting council person who seeks reelection to discredit them. Let me see... 3 years ago J.C. smokes dog crap flavored beef in a garage. The police report has yet to be filed. The stream of Demo-puppets will head to the podium about this reprehensible act. ROFLMAO
Judge Smails

Denver, CO

#10 May 9, 2013
Betty wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, If anybody is interested, I'd be happy to say the names of the stores I visited. At first I thought I might get into trouble, but you know what, screw them. I will tell you the market I went to, the mgr's name and the exact placement of the tenderloin in question.
Well we're waiting!
Running again question

Roseville, MI

#11 May 10, 2013
sour grapes wrote:
<quoted text> Don't hold your breath waiting for the reply. This will somehow be connected to a sitting council person who seeks reelection to discredit them. Let me see... 3 years ago J.C. smokes dog crap flavored beef in a garage. The police report has yet to be filed. The stream of Demo-puppets will head to the podium about this reprehensible act. ROFLMAO
Hes doing good and will win another 4 if he likes.
Not Chuck Hall

Warren, MI

#12 May 10, 2013
Running again question wrote:
<quoted text>
Hes doing good and will win another 4 if he likes.
who is "he"

I think some council members are in for a rude awakening come the election. There will be some new blood up there.
Judge Smails

Denver, CO

#13 May 10, 2013
Not Chuck Hall wrote:
<quoted text>
who is "he"
I think some council members are in for a rude awakening come the election. There will be some new blood up there.
Not peter the bricklayer union guy either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eastpointe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jim Goodfellows 15 min Begs the question 20
News Judge pleads guilty (Jul '08) Wed Guest 21
Dog Case is dismissed OMG Wed Cindy 24
News Strong communities require fixing Michigan's lo... May 24 Ray 1
Dave Id Dead May 24 Another Hardworki... 116
News Children's Home of Detroit's Grosse Pointe Wood... (Nov '08) May 23 Color Me Gone 148
Problems At The Saint Joan of Arc Fair (Jun '15) May 22 Fence lives matter 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Eastpointe Mortgages