Census figures show number of Hispani...

Census figures show number of Hispanics in Lehigh Valley climbing

There are 198 comments on the The Morning Call story from Dec 13, 2008, titled Census figures show number of Hispanics in Lehigh Valley climbing. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Attracted by reasonable rents, a lower cost of living and relative quiet, Anthony Rodriguez moved to Allentown three years ago from Queens, N.Y., to start his own floral business.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
edison

Medford, NJ

#194 Dec 27, 2008
Sarcastic Bombastic wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't take things so literally as I'm not the author. It was a C&P job, as I don't use the term "friend" loosely. I just thought it funny.
yu arer a fartt trioll wuisasy inda trefort troll bicherds an i m drukc a klittl wihj wiskie

“Reality is subjective”

Since: Aug 08

Kutztown, PA

#195 Dec 27, 2008
America - Yeah but, yeah but, were else can you see the WWF in a store?

Realist - that's the rub, "the island" people tend to be rude and crude. My kid speaks spanish and loves to call them out when they sit there condeming us. They actually get offended when HE starts speaking spanish! HUH? They want everyone to speak it for them, but not use it against them? I also find it amazing just how "I no understand enlish" turns into "what you say white boy?" in a heart beat.

You know...the spanish have one of the richest cultures to talk about. And just a few have to mess it up.

“Your DQCC Limit is Maxed!”

Since: Sep 08

In Utero (originally)

#196 Jun 22, 2011
Dear Topix, your informing me of these responses are apprx 2yrs 7mos late.
Allentown race track

United States

#198 Jun 23, 2011
They drive like there on the speedway down the small streets that there children play in? WTF

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#200 Sep 15, 2011
I too am irish proud!! And to the idiot who said that us irish were/are drunks.. well let me tell u this.. we did NoT throw our thrash on the ground because we "could"we did not come to the usa and get welfare,houseing foodstamps,medicaid,ssi,don't learn english. Have have sense of Entilement!! And all products are in spanish.. its disgusting.,. A fww more things.. the Irish are hars working people. We don't expect sh*t from anyone else. We earn it. And don't wear pjs in public or put our furnture on the PORCH!!! HAHAA
wilma fingerdu

Norristown, PA

#201 Sep 15, 2011
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness...

"the Irish are hars working people. We don't expect sh*t from anyone else. We earn it. And don't wear pjs in public or put our furnture on the PORCH!!! HAHAA" "hars working people.." you got that right esa.. but you've also managed to describe the redneck.

it's all very simple.. don't like it? move.
Robert Blake

Morrisville, PA

#202 Sep 20, 2011
Truth can hurt wrote:
The only part about the growth of this area's Latino population that bothers me is that this group seems to have NO leadership whatsoever.

The Latino community in Allentown is now larger than the entire population of the City of Easton, yet I see no evidence of positive, pro-active leadership, particularly against center city Allentown crime, a neighborhood that is probably closer to 75% Latino.

Center city Allentown has an ENORMOUS image problem that, fairly or unfairly, is being blamed on Latinos.

I'm still waiting for an organized effort by Latinos to denounce that perception, organize their own crime watch organizations, even take to the streets and drive out those who give their culture such a bad name. It can be done.

Not only CAN it be done, but without courageous Latino leadership stepping up to confront this problem, nothing will change.
They do have representation and a voice - Uncle Ed Pawlowski.
Heriberto

Springfield, PA

#203 Sep 20, 2011
The nane wa' joss change to "Lijai Bali."

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#205 Sep 24, 2011
Ellihue Waters wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but you are scum too, because you live there. If you could afford to be somewhere else, you would, but you can't so you bitch about it. My guess this is because of squandered opportunities and complete failures that you must be responsible for. Bottom line is that you are just as sleazy, if not sleazier, than most new immigrants because your family jerked-off for generations and got nowhere.
as faras mr walters comments about sleazy families.... I believe that would decribe the"NEW IMMIGRANTS"" funny only hiapanic have blantant disreguard of America!!! So, their sleazy family values follow them... 4-5 kids by different men, lack of work ethic, throwing trash on the ground.... and NOT SOEAKING OUR LANGUAGE.... NOW WHOS SLEAZY
ILLADELPH

United States

#206 Sep 24, 2011
I'm spanish nd I'm sure tht if we were face to face nun of u guys would tlk trash... ill trash all of u honkies all the spanish ppl i kno would slaughter all u honkies white ppl cnt fight or shoot and afraid to come to my hood... straight fags... if they do they keep they're windows rolled up and doors locked lol so forget the internet tough guy act u can come see me dogg in philly pa come to front and allegheny and watch thm spanish ppl scare u u probly get your white self popped Latinooo pride!!!!!!!!!! Forget the rest of u cnt fight scared of erryone white ppl dnt ever disrespect latinos homie well always be better thn u

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#208 Dec 13, 2011
ILLADELPH wrote:
I'm spanish nd I'm sure tht if we were face to face nun of u guys would tlk trash... ill trash all of u honkies all the spanish ppl i kno would slaughter all u honkies white ppl cnt fight or shoot and afraid to come to my hood... straight fags... if they do they keep they're windows rolled up and doors locked lol so forget the internet tough guy act u can come see me dogg in philly pa come to front and allegheny and watch thm spanish ppl scare u u probly get your white self popped Latinooo pride!!!!!!!!!! Forget the rest of u cnt fight scared of erryone white ppl dnt ever disrespect latinos homie well always be better thn u
NO WHITE PPL I KNOW ARE SCARED OF ANY PUNK A** SPANISH!! HAHA!! SH*T speak english first!!! all you ppl do is OVER BREED AND THAT'S WHAT WE ARE AFRAID OF!!!
Merry Christmas

Emmaus, PA

#209 Dec 13, 2011
Why should any race be full of pride when all they do is profess their hate for one another. IGNORANCE! Go look it up people. Concentrate on helping to make the world a better place. There is good in bad in every race and every person. If you act ghetto and like a thug, you will be treated like one. No one is really better then the other. It's your behavior - how you act and treat one another that makes a big difference. If someone chooses to act like a jerk; let it be and consider the source, and perhaps both will learn something. You always have the choice to walk away. And what about your children? Want them to learn your same bad habits? It's almost 2012. How long does this hate crap have to continue?

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! PEACE AND JOY FOR THE NEW YEAR!!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#210 Dec 13, 2011
Merry Christmas wrote:
Why should any race be full of pride when all they do is profess their hate for one another. IGNORANCE! Go look it up people. Concentrate on helping to make the world a better place. There is good in bad in every race and every person. If you act ghetto and like a thug, you will be treated like one. No one is really better then the other. It's your behavior - how you act and treat one another that makes a big difference. If someone chooses to act like a jerk; let it be and consider the source, and perhaps both will learn something. You always have the choice to walk away. And what about your children? Want them to learn your same bad habits? It's almost 2012. How long does this hate crap have to continue?
MERRY CHRISTMAS!! PEACE AND JOY FOR THE NEW YEAR!!
ALL races are proud of their heritage. and this peace and joy crap?? Respect is not automatically given!! Its a equal deal.. I don't care what year it is... stop talking crap about white ppl when your in this country on a free lunch ticket.. or slavery has ended... that's the bullsh*t.. and yeah, i taught my kids to have IRISH pride.. if you don't like it.. Im sorry.. BTW I don't celebrate CHRISTMAS it Commercialized.. and its NOT when Jesus was born.. now teach that to YOUR kids1
Margarita

Easton, PA

#211 Dec 27, 2011
I cannot believe how you nonHISPANICS express yourselves toward the HISPANICS. You people have cold black hearts. Oh lets see the Asians with PHD moved out of Allentown because they moved into rural areas because they have the money to do so. The whites live in upper eastside or upper westend of Allentown because apparently you can afford to. The Latinos are stuck in Center City Allentown because the Whites wont give a Latino a corporate title in their business because they give that position to the other Whites. Listen, and listen clearly, you complaint about Latinos commiting petty crimes. But what about you White folks and Irish Folks who commit the more serious crimes Serious Killers (majority are white) Pedophiles (majority are white) etc, etc. You have some nerve with your racist comments and degrading our heritage, you should do some research before you talk crap about other races. Do your research, before you post your uncalled for comments!!!

“Dirk Duncum”

Since: Feb 07

Allentown

#212 Jan 1, 2012
Way to go Margarita. Great comments. A friend and I have often had conversations about of serial killers mostly being white and the homosexual pedophilia wave continues to be committed by old white men. Most recently by Sandusky. Again I am caucasion, but I stand up for Boriquas! Allentown will never improve until the racist honkies change their mindset!
LIZ

Allentown, PA

#213 Jan 22, 2012
WHY CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG? There is good and bad in every race. Why doesnt the world wake up and smell the cafe.
LIZ

Allentown, PA

#214 Jan 22, 2012
krazy4biggie wrote:
I too am irish proud!! And to the idiot who said that us irish were/are drunks.. well let me tell u this.. we did NoT throw our thrash on the ground because we "could"we did not come to the usa and get welfare,houseing foodstamps,medicaid,ssi,don't learn english. Have have sense of Entilement!! And all products are in spanish.. its disgusting.,. A fww more things.. the Irish are hars working people. We don't expect sh*t from anyone else. We earn it. And don't wear pjs in public or put our furnture on the PORCH!!! HAHAA
I cant believe that you have the nerve to comment when in all true reality everything you are saying reflects on you. you my dear do not know how to speak proper English, you cant even spell. you lack Education and although you say Irish are not drunks, well I cant tell because by the way you are talking, you sound drunk to me. OH just 4 the record; Iam latina very proud, thank you. I didnt come to the United States, I my dear was born in the United States. I am an American Citizen I speak proper English dont live on welfare dont have 4 or 5 kids dont even have 3 kids and I certainly dont walk around town wearing my pajamas. I wish that you were born double jointed, so you my dear can turn around and KISS UR OWN A...SS.
john doe

Allentown, PA

#216 Jan 24, 2012
ILLADELPH wrote:
I'm spanish nd I'm sure tht if we were face to face nun of u guys would tlk trash... ill trash all of u honkies all the spanish ppl i kno would slaughter all u honkies white ppl cnt fight or shoot and afraid to come to my hood... straight fags... if they do they keep they're windows rolled up and doors locked lol so forget the internet tough guy act u can come see me dogg in philly pa come to front and allegheny and watch thm spanish ppl scare u u probly get your white self popped Latinooo pride!!!!!!!!!! Forget the rest of u cnt fight scared of erryone white ppl dnt ever disrespect latinos homie well always be better thn u
Fallback little kid. I been to front and alleghany and fifth and lehigh the badlands, kensington ave. all that and I'm white. And I guarantee I would knock your punk ass out before you can grab you gun if we were face to face. I can fight and a lot of "whiteboys" can and you know it. Your all scared so you fight in packs because for real most of you cant fight. You come here and YOU will be scared. If you knew your daddy i would knock his ass out to but yous dont have fathers lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Easton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Latest: Man defends question about US senat... Mon weapon X 1
News Lehigh Valley air is no longer on the side of c... (Apr '07) Oct 13 weapon X 6
News Group aims to put up homeless families in churches Sep 19 schizoaffective 1
News New Bishop Named to Roman Catholic Diocese of A... Jul '17 weaponX 3
News Insider's Guide: Aquariums within a day trip of... Jun '17 weaponX 1
News Federal judge recommends tossing Brandon Bloss'... (Dec '08) Jun '17 Beth 48
Partying May '17 Anonymous 1

Easton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Easton Mortgages