School security controversy in Bridgeport

Mar 26, 2013 Full story: Connecticut Post 7

On a recent visit to Central High School to see her daughter, who is a student there, Board of Education member Maria Pereira refused to show security her driver's license at the entrance.

Full Story

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#1 Mar 26, 2013
Perira is no better then the rest of us. Sent her to jail for 30 days. Shame on her.
tinafaye

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Mar 27, 2013
Bpt schools need to just be locked down, those schools are just a step before jail for those kids anyways.

Sol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#4 Mar 27, 2013
On a recent visit to Central High School to see her daughter, a student there, Board of Education member Maria Pereira refused to show security personnel her driver's license at the entrance.

Her reason?
Outstanding warrants? Fraudulent license maybe? My opinion is that she's attention-mongering.

After the wiping-out of those 26 expensive liabilities in newtown she ought to be damned GLAD that not just ANYBODY can stroll into a school without some kind of check that they actually have a REASON for being there.
BPT

Wallingford, CT

#5 Mar 28, 2013
it's not a big deal to show id.
i don't know why people get so bent out of shape over it.

sol is right.

Sol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#6 Mar 28, 2013
Maybe she should have her vet inject a chip into the back of her neck - THEN she'll never again have to suffer the inconvenience or ignominy of having to produce a license like most everyone else does without complaint because they realize it's a simple security measure.
BPT

Wallingford, CT

#7 Mar 28, 2013
Sol wrote:
Maybe she should have her vet inject a chip into the back of her neck - THEN she'll never again have to suffer the inconvenience or ignominy of having to produce a license like most everyone else does without complaint because they realize it's a simple security measure.
or she can tattoo a bar code on her, for easy scanning.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#8 Mar 28, 2013
Read #1 & #2. Good reading.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Easton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Manslaughter charged in drug case (Mar '09) 5 hr Having the Last Word 92
Conn. Mayor Threatened After Praising Sharpton ... 19 hr Connecticut Tippy 1
Looking for Sat Melanie 15
Aryan Nations recruiting again in northern Idaho (Apr '09) Fri Barack the Yellow 375
Should Bill Finch resign as Bridgeport CT Mayor ? (Feb '08) Fri Connecticut Tippy 28
finch. .....winterstorm juno is coming Thu Most Interesting Man 8
Ex-Mayor Ganim: Return To Scene Of The Crime? Jan 29 Connecticut Tippy 2

Winter Storm Warning for Fairfield County was issued at February 01 at 9:31AM EST

Easton News Video

Easton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Easton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:24 am PST

Yahoo! Sports11:24AM
New Browns OC unfazed by QB uncertainty