How our population is shifting

How our population is shifting

There are 10 comments on the ctpost.com story from Mar 20, 2013, titled How our population is shifting. In it, ctpost.com reports that:

Jose Minchala, 21, of Danbury, came to the United States from Ecuador as a small child.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ctpost.com.

chris123

United States

#1 Mar 21, 2013
Another feel-good story about a half monkey? Boring. Reinstate slavery.
BPT

Woodbury, CT

#2 Mar 21, 2013
this is the story about america over the last 100-125 years. my grandfather came from italy in a boat ,my other grandfather from canada. america has always been the land of opportunity.
but now
it's becoming the land of entitelments.
apefonso

United States

#3 Mar 21, 2013
these ugly parasites should shift themselves back to the countries they came from.

oogs.
BPT

United States

#4 Mar 25, 2013
BPT wrote:
this is the story about america over the last 100-125 years. my grandfather came from italy in a boat ,my other grandfather from canada. america has always been the land of opportunity.
but now
it's becoming the land of entitelments.
I`m sure there were lazy people who immigrated back then. Anyways, liberals use the current day minorities for votes to gain power. Conservatives look past the lazy blacks because they are "citizens" and focus their racism on illegal aliens. Latinoes generally work and value the concept of a family, blacks do not. At least black males don`t... I`d trade hard-working little brown illegals over gang bangers who will always be negative no matter how much aid you throw at them.
BPT

Woodbury, CT

#5 Mar 25, 2013
BPT wrote:
<quoted text>I`m sure there were lazy people who immigrated back then. Anyways, liberals use the current day minorities for votes to gain power. Conservatives look past the lazy blacks because they are "citizens" and focus their racism on illegal aliens. Latinoes generally work and value the concept of a family, blacks do not. At least black males don`t... I`d trade hard-working little brown illegals over gang bangers who will always be negative no matter how much aid you throw at them.
my point was that my grandfathers' were both once at the bottom of the food chain.yet through hard work and perserverence they made something of themselves.
lazy!!?? i don't think that was an option in those days.
work or don't eat.

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#6 Mar 25, 2013
BPT wrote:
<quoted text>my point was that my grandfathers' were both once at the bottom of the food chain.yet through hard work and perserverence they made something of themselves.
lazy!!?? i don't think that was an option in those days.
work or don't eat.
strongly agree
BPT

United States

#7 Mar 25, 2013
BPT wrote:
<quoted text>my point was that my grandfathers' were both once at the bottom of the food chain.yet through hard work and perserverence they made something of themselves.
lazy!!?? i don't think that was an option in those days.
work or don't eat.
I think you`re giving people of the past too much credit. There was no point in time where everyone had morals and were poor. There were rich immigrants, freeloaders who lived off family fortunes, homosexuals, thieves, rapists, drunks & gamblers. Liberals were a little different years ago, though. They used to support slavery but they`ve flaked out over time and have become politically correct and way too sensitive.

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#8 Mar 25, 2013
BPT wrote:
<quoted text>I think you`re giving people of the past too much credit. There was no point in time where everyone had morals and were poor. There were rich immigrants, freeloaders who lived off family fortunes, homosexuals, thieves, rapists, drunks & gamblers. Liberals were a little different years ago, though. They used to support slavery but they`ve flaked out over time and have become politically correct and way too sensitive.
I have to agree with all this- great post.
BPT

Woodbury, CT

#9 Mar 26, 2013
BPT wrote:
<quoted text>I think you`re giving people of the past too much credit. There was no point in time where everyone had morals and were poor. There were rich immigrants, freeloaders who lived off family fortunes, homosexuals, thieves, rapists, drunks & gamblers. Liberals were a little different years ago, though. They used to support slavery but they`ve flaked out over time and have become politically correct and way too sensitive.
true to a certain degree..........the ills of society have ALWAYS been there. there were no" good old days".
it's just that NOW we live in a more open society that talks about these ills instead of sweeping them under the carpet.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#10 Mar 26, 2013
I do not have a carpet to sweep the dirt under.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Easton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Maker of AR-15 used at Sandy Hook wants marketi... 16 min Israel Did 911 1
News Barnum Festival going out with a bang Mon BPT 11
News Bridgeport ranked 2nd richest U.S. city (Nov '15) Mon Samuels Furnace Man 4
News Ganim, unions in concessions stare-down Jun 26 America Gentleman... 1
News New bridges now open on SB Route 8/25 Jun 25 America Gentleman... 1
News Pleasure Beach in Bridgeport Jun 25 America Gentleman... 1
News Photos: Workers put last pieces on new Route 8/... Jun 20 Samuels Furnace Man 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Easton Mortgages