Did mayor ignore blizzard advisory?

Feb 19, 2013 Full story: Connecticut Post 9

Roads in Bridgeport, Conn. remain congested with snow Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2013 following a weekend storm that dumped up to 3 feet across the state.

Full Story
BPT

Waterbury, CT

#1 Feb 19, 2013
maybe he could not see the snow from inside testos........

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#2 Feb 19, 2013
At work here there's a payloader in the parking lot with a broken rear axle. I also saw a couple of payloaders in bridgeport parked in random places- they are most likely broken. What a storm.

Bridgeport needs to allocate some money to an emergency fund and they need a (huge) list of private contractors they can call immediately in times of a blizzard. Pay would be scaled as: 100% pay for responding on the first day, 80% on the second day, etc.
Enzio

Newtown, CT

#3 Feb 19, 2013
Rumor has it..It's cheaper the way it is.. the dealers pay the drivers directly to clear roads to the drug markets. Then when that is done, everyone else gets done..Free Market economics..End of the month the envelopes are delivered on Schedule..Equipment doesn't work? Bill the state or Feds..The cash keeps moving in "pay to play Bridgeport"...

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#4 Feb 19, 2013
Same thing in Stratford.
America Gentleman LynnB

New Haven, CT

#5 Feb 19, 2013
In my younger days, I spent a lot of time sleeping in a lot of places. Some of those places were bus stations. Everyone knows that hotels are for suckers, so why pay for lodging when you can get it for free? The problem is, there are a lot of crazies out there, so if you’re going to sleep in the bus station you’ve got to be savvy about it.
sunnyday

Naugatuck, CT

#6 Feb 20, 2013
.... my neighbor drove by today, rolled down his window and said it's good to see the kids outplayingin the snow... oh, it's you!!Don't ever grow up .yup ,I built a snowman today

“'never'”

Location hidden

#7 Feb 20, 2013
When I get likkerd up I like to pee swastikas in the snow. It's a shame that my pastime is now threatened by global warming.

“'never'”

Location hidden

#8 Feb 20, 2013
Is anyone else suffering from cabin fever? I've noticed I'm in a real bad mood lately... I just need to stroll down a beach in flipflops... starving for that.
No you are

Astoria, NY

#9 Feb 20, 2013
Citizen44 wrote:
Is anyone else suffering from cabin fever? I've noticed I'm in a real bad mood lately... I just need to stroll down a beach in flipflops... starving for that.
I've noticed your bad mood as well. Cabin fever has hit my house too. We all are bytching at each other. I just want to be able to open windows and have it light out past 6. It's become a physical ache.

FYI:
27 days til spring and we spring ahead the weekend of March 10th.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Easton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CT Who do you support for Governor in Connecticut ... (Oct '10) 4 hr Menstruous stench 808
td owen azz (Jul '08) 6 hr Sir Samuel 43
turn on the damm heat!!!! 14 hr Sir Samuel 15
Diocese to downsize, remain in Bridgeport 20 hr Citizen44 10
Wrecking ball may fall on Bridgeport history Tue Sir Samuel 1
Where is TD Owen (Nov '10) Mon Sir Samuel 125
Naygers Can`t Swim (Jul '12) Mon Tippy Faulker 6

Easton News Video

Easton Dating
Find my Match

Easton Jobs

Easton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE