Dad wants more answers in Ohio soldie...

Dad wants more answers in Ohio soldier's suicide

There are 1 comment on the El Paso Times story from Apr 16, 2010, titled Dad wants more answers in Ohio soldier's suicide. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

The father of an Ohio soldier who killed himself in Iraq says the Army didn't do enough to punish three superiors accused of mistreating men in their platoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Father Of One

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#2 Apr 19, 2010
Being the father of a son I would be devastated if this happened to me. One thing we have to do is realise that the military is not for everyone. There is great responsibility for everyone wearing the uniform. Once deployed there is a greater responsibility to take care of one another. If you are to blame the NCOs and Officers, blame Keifer's peers and Keifer himself for not stepping in or telling someone about what was going on. I know for a fact that there is always someone to listen to your gripes, complaints, or serious concerns (a chaplain or even another officer).

Accountability must be taken by the parents also. You cant blame everyone else and not hold your own son accountable.

I am sorry for your loss, but no one held the gun to your sons head.(Metaphor and Fact)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eastland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Thu Farting 902
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Wed Farters 742
Debate: Gay Marriage - Abilene, TX (Aug '10) Jun 27 Lauren 176
Debate: Marijuana - Abilene, TX (Aug '10) Jun 24 AbileneDude 80
Review: Dave Ford Motors Jun '15 Morgan 2
Reliable medications w Tar Jun '15 Fast delivery 1
He Sold His Families Farm (Jul '14) May '15 Tenbears 3
More from around the web

Eastland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Eastland Mortgages