First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mudd

Newtown, CT

#41 Nov 17, 2011
Mudd wrote:
I live in newtown, ct. now for 7 yrs, by the farms, we have heard things being killed in the forest many times. My neighbor watching the coyotes and bobcats kill rabbits in his back yard. we now know we have coyotes, 2 yrs ago a black bear, also winter of 2009 going into 2010 we saw what looked like a puma (black) about 4 to 5 ft long running across the farm field and jumped a gate, we got pics of the distance and paw prints. Also last year someone's dog was killed by a mountain lion in Newtown. All the neighbors have seen bobcats and lynx, including my son, husband and my family, Today that changed I finally saw a bobcat or lynx today @ 1:00 in the afternoon. It rained off and on, so it kinda seemed like it was going into dust but it wasnt i looked out the window there he was just walking by my property, i yelled to my husband and ran outside. he stared us down for a long time before he turned to run, but only ran 20 ft and stopped, he didnt seem afraid really. eventually he ran towards the brook. BUT YET DEP in Newtown says we don't have these things running around, even an article in danbury news times a couple wks ago saying this, they SAID people are seeing house cats, THIS CAT IS AS BIG AS MY DOG, and he is a german shephard doverman mix 98 lbs. The dog pound admits it but DEP wont. Until someone gets killed or something like that. I will work on getting a picture and i will post it on YOUTUBE AND FACEBOOK FOR EVERYONE TO SEE, then I can say they are full of chit !
this comment is being written nov 2011 not may 2011, you guys need to fix that on the web page
Dan

Waterbury, CT

#42 Nov 24, 2011
I saw a lynx in my backyard this morning. It chased a deer out of the woods. It had pointy ears a stuby tail and it was grayish brown. It was slightly bigger than our medium sized dog. This is in Southington, Ct.
HSG

Brooklyn, CT

#43 Jan 6, 2012
1/6/12 Just saw a lynx in Pomfret, Connecticut. Will upload my pics when I get them off my cellphone. I pray they turn out clearly. I saw the big cat standing in the road and thought oh that must be a bobcat but when I got closer, it was definitely a lynx. Had the black tips, black tip on tail. I had no idea we had lynx here!
HSG

Brooklyn, CT

#44 Jan 6, 2012
As I feared terrible pic quality and impossible to clearly make out the lynx. Oh well. I used to be skeptical of posts claiming to see wildcats around aside from bobcats. But now I will believe them! It was most definitely a lynx. So cool.
jessica

Bellevue, WA

#45 Nov 5, 2012
back in the early 90s i saw a big black cat on our camp rd on dundee pond in windham, it was in may, was riding bikes with several other kids and was far ahead of them, stopped at the top of a small hill 2 wait for them and a he bottom of the hill was a larg jet black shinny cougar, he was laying in the moist dirt from the spring that ran under the rd, the tip of his long thick tail was flicking up and down, he was looking in2 the woods on my right, his ears were flicking from all the black flies around its head, i watched this beautiful cat for over 40 sec, when the other kids were coming up behind me, it looked up at me then into the woods then stood up and walked in2 them, i want 2 know if anyone has seen or saw a big black cat in or around windham Maine?
nephilim

Deep River, CT

#46 Feb 17, 2014
We are in essex ct and in past week w all tje snow have seen a lot.of strange paw prints. We have one cat and a stray lingering. Our neighbors have 2.dogs that stay in.their yard due.to electric.fence. when.i googles the prints i founf.fox,fisher cat, lynx.or moutain lions, i saw sometjing black run tjrough our yard that moved like a.weasel.or ferret but was size if.fox.or fisher cat. Another nighf we saw a black.fox at first we thought fisher cat but this animal.was.too tall.and.had cute face wong nose.like face of raccoon big long bushy tail.but its paw prints matched fox. Also a cat just walked up.next to one.of barns right after i calles.our cat in.and his animal.was tall about knee high and.im.5'1and it had round ears and.long tail witj huge spots all.over, he looked at our.com post pile and then sjust headed off into.directiom.he was already on path too.it looked like overgrow,lynx.house cat bug the.a cheetah mix.cause spots lenghth in legs and well living here 40 yrs never seen it nor.black fox can they mate with each otger and make off breeds?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eastford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Woodstock, CT (Jan '12) Nov 4 Jessie Anderson 2
Habitat for Humanity home dedicated in Putnam Nov 1 Kkm 1
Police name man found dead in Chaplin (Feb '12) Sep '14 the real truth 12
Transplant Sep '14 User Name 1
Racism in Eastern Connecticut often hidden (Jan '07) Aug '14 furble 18
Best time entertainment scam Jun '14 Ripped Off 1
Best Towns for CT Teens Cluster in Northeast Jun '14 lemmings 1

Winter Storm Warning for Windham County was issued at November 25 at 11:11PM EST

Eastford Dating
Find my Match

Eastford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Eastford News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Eastford

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:54 pm PST