Will Wilton drink to this?

Will Wilton drink to this?

There are 5 comments on the Stamford Advocate story from Jul 25, 2008, titled Will Wilton drink to this?. In it, Stamford Advocate reports that:

A New York liquor store owner thinks it's time for Wilton to get wet. Betty Quigley, a Wilton resident who owns Vista Wine and Spirits in nearby South Salem, N.Y., with her husband, is seeking to reverse 75 ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Stamford Advocate.

Atty Lionel Hutz Esq

Northford, CT

#1 Jul 25, 2008
This is an OUTRAGE! They should prohibit shopping on Sundays as well, and bring back the practice of fish on fridays in the public schools!
Banker

Knutsford, UK

#2 Jul 25, 2008
That's funny that lady voted for no alcohol in restaurants. CT amazes me with its liquor laws... the state seems to like limiting basic freedoms and certainly must not like tax revenue.
Still in Stamford

Morristown, NJ

#3 Jul 25, 2008
I wonder if they have fewer problems with their teens drinking since they would have to go a distance to buy liquor. At least the teens under 16 who can't drive yet, anyway...
gnr fan

United States

#4 Jul 25, 2008
Wilton will go wet sooner or later. Right now its spot zoned for serving, sooner or later a good wine store should open and I bet they'll do very well. People have been going to ELMERS for years,
the only thing missing is a bar...which may never happen. I think thats what Wilton is trying to avoid; and trying to keep a clean image.
Linda - Stamford CT

Clifton, NJ

#5 Jul 28, 2008
I was a resident of Wilton from 1978 to 1992 and I have to say, the fact that it was a dry town was just a quirky thing about Wilton. I guess it helped to maintain a certain quaintness about the town but in this day and age it is a bit puritan. Not allowing the sale of alcohol will never stop people from consuming alcohol if they choose to. It seems to me, since the town has final say on what businesses ultimately come into town, rowdy bars will not just start popping up all over if this law is changed! Since alcohol is now served in Wilton restaurants why not allow a couple of quaint and tasteful liquor stores to come in as well? Go Betty!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eastford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Failing Concrete Foundations Linked to Aggregate May '16 Sheryl 1
News Stafford Graffiti Artist Arrested Again While A... (May '09) Apr '16 Screwball 62
Empress Theresa Mar '16 kybunnies 2
Why Does Stafford Effing Suck? (Apr '11) Jan '16 Lynnturner34 4
Zoning laws for ALL (Oct '15) Oct '15 Tiredofthis 1
News Artists Holding Nine-Hour Graffiti Party In Sta... (Sep '15) Sep '15 c murphh 1
News How Many Package Stores Does Greenwich Have? (Aug '15) Aug '15 BPT 4

Eastford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Eastford Mortgages