Two State Police Injured In Crash

Two state police detectives who were transporting a prisoner from Maine back to Connecticut suffered minor injuries Wednesday when their cruiser was struck from behind by a tractor trailer truck on the Maine ... Full Story
Jon

Ashburn, VA

#2 Jan 10, 2008
Exact reason there are no toll booths in CT.
Joe

Manchester, UK

#3 Jan 10, 2008
I will not even begin on pointing out the numerous spelling and grammatical errors in this article..far too many!
Pro Cop

United States

#4 Jan 10, 2008
This article should provide a big chuckle for all the usual Courant cop haters that enjoy reading and posting any misfortune to law enforcement. Enjoy yourself while I remind you they will still answer your call for help any day any time any where regardless of your hate
Just my opinion

Chatham, NY

#5 Jan 10, 2008
Hey Pro Cop why would anyone bash them/ they were just transporting a prisoner, not busting anyones ass for speeding or seatbelts.
joe get a life and don't worry about grammer.
Speling Be Champeon

Avon, CT

#6 Jan 10, 2008
Joe wrote:
I will not even begin on pointing out the numerous spelling and grammatical errors in this article..far too many!
Pleez due! Speling and gramer arr ekstreemly impoortint.
Wes

Manchester, CT

#7 Jan 10, 2008
It's Old Orchard Beach, not "Orchard Beach"
Chicago Conditions

United States

#8 Jan 10, 2008
This is news huh? If you or I were in a minor accident would we get our own article? Anyone notice who wrote it?
msrp

Middletown, CT

#9 Jan 10, 2008
Yeah. She's just gearing up for her next Anti-State Police article. What a piece of garbage reporter she is. Im surprised she didn't somehow work in some bashing in this article.
Todd

New Britain, CT

#10 Jan 10, 2008
As long as the Baby is ok Who cares
Here we go again

New Rochelle, NY

#11 Jan 10, 2008
Chicago Conditions wrote:
This is news huh? If you or I were in a minor accident would we get our own article? Anyone notice who wrote it?
No you probably wouldn't. But if you were to get arrested for a misdemeanor or get disciplined at work for a workplace violation which wasn't a crime that probably wouldn't be printed either.
Konnecticut_Bett er_Yet

Brewster, NY

#12 Jan 10, 2008
msrp wrote:
Yeah. She's just gearing up for her next Anti-State Police article. What a piece of garbage reporter she is. Im surprised she didn't somehow work in some bashing in this article.
Giver her a break. Do you realize the odds of her being among the .05% of morons who actually think that that band of corrupt lying nazis actually work for the people who pay their salaries?? Just take a spin around the block when the cops get their little DWI and seatbelt "enforcement grants." It's a damn police state. Oh, but they need more cops...they're stretched sooo thin. People's lives are in danger b/c of response time. Please. Where are the grants for basic friggin patrols and services then??? No shortage of grantswhen it comes to raising money for the the Ct. legislature or enforcing special interest agendas made law, like the seatbelt law. They don't even need probable cause anymore. Disgusting. I don't even recognize this country anymore. Free? My arse.

Remember when you couldn't watch a news cast years ago without the state police winning an award for best dressed, most professional, etc.? What happened. Such a long slide from that to the smart-mouthed arrogant hot-shots infesting that once fine force these days. Okay, awkward sentence, but you get my drift...
Hiram Abif

La Puente, CA

#13 Jan 10, 2008
She was being held with bail set at $5,000 after her arraignment in Superior Court in Danielson this morning.

Only 5000.00? The charges are obviously not that serious, but they traveled all the way to Maine? Stupid.
Chicago Conditions

United States

#14 Jan 10, 2008
Konnecticut_Better_Yet wrote:
<quoted text>
Giver her a break. Do you realize the odds of her being among the .05% of morons who actually think that that band of corrupt lying nazis actually work for the people who pay their salaries?? Just take a spin around the block when the cops get their little DWI and seatbelt "enforcement grants." It's a damn police state. Oh, but they need more cops...they're stretched sooo thin. People's lives are in danger b/c of response time. Please. Where are the grants for basic friggin patrols and services then??? No shortage of grantswhen it comes to raising money for the the Ct. legislature or enforcing special interest agendas made law, like the seatbelt law. They don't even need probable cause anymore. Disgusting. I don't even recognize this country anymore. Free? My arse.
Remember when you couldn't watch a news cast years ago without the state police winning an award for best dressed, most professional, etc.? What happened. Such a long slide from that to the smart-mouthed arrogant hot-shots infesting that once fine force these days. Okay, awkward sentence, but you get my drift...
So get out. Go pick a better country. You sound like a little cry baby. Nope, much easier to bitch and complain from behind the safety of a computer.
retired cop hpd

Manchester, CT

#15 Jan 10, 2008
<quoted text>
Probable cause to stop you when YOU ARE SPOTTED BY THE POLICE for not wearing your seatbelt? Hello!!! I bet you got stopped many times for not wearing your seatbelt, right? Your elected legislators passed the law giving the police the right to pull over a motorist for not wearing his/her seatbelt while operating a motor vehicle on public roads in the state.

As for buting balls stopping people for speeding; a good portion of felony arrests come from motor vehicle stops. You'd be surprised at how much drugs and guns are seized during "routine motor vehicles stops". Murders, rapists, burglars have been arrested because they were stopped for speeding or some other violation.

So if you don't like this country, then move the fuck out!!
msrp

Middletown, CT

#16 Jan 10, 2008
retired cop hpd wrote:
<quoted text>
Probable cause to stop you when YOU ARE SPOTTED BY THE POLICE for not wearing your seatbelt? Hello!!! I bet you got stopped many times for not wearing your seatbelt, right? Your elected legislators passed the law giving the police the right to pull over a motorist for not wearing his/her seatbelt while operating a motor vehicle on public roads in the state.
As for buting balls stopping people for speeding; a good portion of felony arrests come from motor vehicle stops. You'd be surprised at how much drugs and guns are seized during "routine motor vehicles stops". Murders, rapists, burglars have been arrested because they were stopped for speeding or some other violation.
So if you don't like this country, then move the fuck out!!
AMEN. Couldnt have said it better myself.
msrp

Middletown, CT

#17 Jan 10, 2008
Hiram Abif wrote:
She was being held with bail set at $5,000 after her arraignment in Superior Court in Danielson this morning.
Only 5000.00? The charges are obviously not that serious, but they traveled all the way to Maine? Stupid.
You wouldnt think it was a waste of money if you were the victim of the crime she was arrested for. Oh and do you even know what the charges are. You do not. But as usual you criticize off the cuf when you do not have all the facts. Typical Police Basher.
Spada and Davis

Glastonbury, CT

#18 Jan 10, 2008
Just imagine, it could have been Art Spada and Brad Davis pulling over another speeder.
kllp

Cheshire, CT

#19 Jan 11, 2008
<quoted text>
You must have gotten turned down by the Ct State Police when you applied huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eastford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police name man found dead in Chaplin (Feb '12) Sep '14 the real truth 12
Transplant Sep '14 User Name 1
Racism in Eastern Connecticut often hidden (Jan '07) Aug '14 furble 18
Best time entertainment scam Jun '14 Ripped Off 1
Best Towns for CT Teens Cluster in Northeast Jun '14 lemmings 1
New old business opens May '14 Carla 1
ncaa (Apr '14) Apr '14 cat country 1
Eastford Dating
Find my Match

Eastford Jobs