Owner of proposed methadone clinic be...

Owner of proposed methadone clinic believes it can be good for community

There are 571 comments on the Commonwealth Journal story from Oct 18, 2009, titled Owner of proposed methadone clinic believes it can be good for community. In it, Commonwealth Journal reports that:

Floyd County native Terry Scott knows the culture of Eastern Kentucky. That's why when the uproar began about Somerset Addiction Solutions, LLC - an opiate addiction treatment clinic slated to locate to the community in the near future - he wasn't truly surprised.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Commonwealth Journal.

First Prev
of 29
Next Last
Poppy

London, KY

#580 Apr 19, 2010
Well sorry I haven't seen anyone nod off on subutex.not saying that it dosen't are don't happen I have heard of it bing abused although mostly the strait sub injecting it.
Though around here it seems that addicts take it right by what I have seen anyways.also I am for sure that it is by far being less abuses then methadone is are has been.just by what I have seen and heard.
I have also never seen are heard off anyone oding or dieing from taking subutex .I have seen with my own two eyes addicts getting on methadone and those getting on subutex.the ones that are getting on subutex seem to really want to change there lives and are setting a stoping date.were as with methadone there saying when there good and ready weather that. Is months are years.
I'm not bashing methadone becouse the cost of subutex is high and many can't afford it.I do think that subutex is the better out of the two drugs.I also believe that some don't get that efforc feeling off of subutex so they stay with the done train.I just really think if. Someone really wants to get sober and not be treated forever that subtex is the rout to take.but good luck to all either methods that they choose.
Wally

New Castle, IN

#581 Apr 19, 2010
I think part of the problem with methadone is that many people take it with other stuff. As strong as it is, that's sure death!
Several years ago the docs where I live got the "brilliant" idea that they would only prescribe Duragesic patches. It didn't matter what kind of pain a person had, that was all you were going to get!
We had the Oxy problems, the methadone and then the patches were introduced!!
Needless to say, we had more overdoses than ever!
Ex-PPT

AOL

#582 Apr 19, 2010
I used to live in Indiana and even with the records and previous pain clinic recommendations, It was almost impossible to get pain relief from doctors there as they are just not prescribing because of the very problem you so describe, wally.
Wally

New Castle, IN

#583 Apr 19, 2010
How long ago was this?
F Y I

Elizabethtown, KY

#584 Apr 20, 2010
Dont be sorry poppy I hope no one ever takes enuf bup(subutex) to nod off but it is relatively a new drug as being used in maintenance. And well ya addicts lol and methadone, subutex and suboxone are just that now maintenance drugs and ya cant set a date for maintenance or detox IMO but I always have said myself whatever & however long it takes ya know!
Poppy

London, KY

#585 Apr 20, 2010
I might as well get things stired up.I think that there should be a stoping date.you get on methadone or subutex to try and get sober don't ya.at least I did I didn't plan on being on these drugs for very long but without anyone telling me there was at least one cut off date I just went right along.
I admit that I'm a addict that means I can't control my drug useage weather that be how much are how long.there needs to be someone to take control and say ok that's enough.enough is enough.that's why you have addicts on methadone for 10-20 years.there isn't anyone telling them the truth that there is a time and place for everthing and now is the time to get off of the stuff.
Now I'm not a doctor and I can't say when someone will be ready or not.i think it should be like how long you used what you used and how you'er treatment is going.I would think the doctors could feel it out and lead the addict toward sobrity at sometime in there treatment.instead you leave it up to the addict and they never stop.
I'm just talking out off my ass now but until I had a reason to stop I didn't stop.there are alot of people that are not as lucky as me to have family and stuff to make you want to get sober.now I'm not saying make it six months our even a year.I'm not saying that you shouldn't be allowed back on the program.I'm just saying left up to the addict we will keep putting it off until were dead.that is what doctors are for to control the program not to let the addict control it.
F Y I

Greensburg, KY

#587 Apr 24, 2010
Why would want to stir things poppy?
axem

Spokane, WA

#588 Jan 2, 2011
I have been on methadone for two years now and love it and the two years prior i was on Suboxone and it killed me the first time i was put on it the naltroxone in it stopped my heart and i had to be shocked back to life. During the two years i was on it. My life was hell it gave me bleeding ulcers and all sorts of stomach cramps and other problems also the withdraw symptoms are much worse than methadone they can last up to two months suboxone is still an opiate remember. Also a good friend of mine left the MMT clinic to go on to Suboxone her tapered down to 30 mg. The first day of his suboxone treatment was his last it killed him stopped his heart. So do your research Suboxone is a very addictive opiate just like Methadone
exam

United States

#589 Jan 2, 2011
axem wrote:
I have been on methadone for two years now and love it and the two years prior i was on Suboxone and it killed me the first time i was put on it the naltroxone in it stopped my heart and i had to be shocked back to life. During the two years i was on it. My life was hell it gave me bleeding ulcers and all sorts of stomach cramps and other problems also the withdraw symptoms are much worse than methadone they can last up to two months suboxone is still an opiate remember. Also a good friend of mine left the MMT clinic to go on to Suboxone her tapered down to 30 mg. The first day of his suboxone treatment was his last it killed him stopped his heart. So do your research Suboxone is a very addictive opiate just like Methadone
Methadone is much more addictive by virtue of its strong affinity for the mu receptor as compared to suboxone. Methadone is a full agonist which binds tightly to the receptor while suboxone is only a partial agonist. Have you done your research?
Just saying

Hazard, KY

#590 Jan 3, 2011
It stoped you'er heart yet you kept on taking it.That to me just sounds strange that a Dr.would even give it to you again after that. What happened the next time you took it ?You didn't have anouther reaction?I would think that if any kind of Med stoped the persons heart that they would never be given that drug again.I mean you said you'er first time and you had to be shock back to life.Then you take it again or they even give it to you again is totaly crazy.
I have never heard of anyone's heart stoping or anyone that has OD yet from Suboxen.I could set here all day and tell you stores about people who died becouse of Methadone.I have heard and seen alot off people that try to Detox off of it and never could that's why most went on Subutex to bgain with.This is my first time ever hearing about it stoping someones heart.Then on top of that they take it again for two years I have to call BS when I see it.
Also most or alot more people get sober useing Subutex then Methadone.Most get on Methadone and never get off becouse the Detox is alfull and last as long if not a lot longer then Methadone.I have heard of people that have went 6 moths to a year trying to get off Methadone and just gave up and got back on Methadone or subutex one.Methadone is one Evil SOB.
PLUM STUPID

Cleveland, OH

#591 Jan 3, 2011
axem wrote:
You are mentally retarted .you need a lot more help than meth you need a shrink to examine if you even have a brain,WHEN YOU ARE DEAD YOU ARE DEAD A LONG TIMED,,,SAY ETERNITY AND THAT SHOULD WAKE ANYONE UP

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 29
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eastern Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jamie blair (Jul '09) 29 min Sgt slaughter 83
Floyd County Central's Coaches? 1 hr Kris rudder 5
Roger "roggie" stealing again 1 hr Kris rudder 9
Brandon Gearheart Girls Basketball 4 hr Sam 36
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr Rodney Slone 160,487
Do you still love Donald trump 6 hr me 27
Marty minix 7 hr Ridiculous 9

Eastern Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Eastern Mortgages