4 indicted on vote buying in Eastern ...

4 indicted on vote buying in Eastern Kentucky

There are 27 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Jul 28, 2010, titled 4 indicted on vote buying in Eastern Kentucky. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

HAZARD, Ky. - Four eastern Kentucky men have been indicted on vote buying charges for paying people to vote in the U.S. Senate primary in Perry County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Politics

Henderson, KY

#1 Jul 30, 2010
SEKY politics....Did this Baker guy use to hold an office there years ago?
NewFreeRepublic

London, KY

#2 Jul 30, 2010
Yes he held the office of Jailer illegally. He was not a resident of this county at the time he was elected.
stating the facts

Greenbrier, AR

#3 Aug 14, 2010
NewFreeRepublic wrote:
Yes he held the office of Jailer illegally. He was not a resident of this county at the time he was elected.
For your information Mr. Baker was the Jailer of Perry Co. for 8 yrs. He has lived in Perry Co. all of his life 73yrs. Get your information straight before posting your comments. Nothing illegal about his political office as Jailer. Go after the candidates that put up the money they are the guilty ones.
know it all

London, KY

#4 Aug 17, 2010
I think the Feds should go after the ones that put up the money to get elected, but if the ones indicted don't tell on them, they should get very long stays in the pen, all of them!!! Nothing lower than a politition that buys their way into office, well maybe the ones that sold their vote!!!
chesse

East Bernstadt, KY

#5 Aug 18, 2010
know it all wrote:
I think the Feds should go after the ones that put up the money to get elected, but if the ones indicted don't tell on them, they should get very long stays in the pen, all of them!!! Nothing lower than a politition that buys their way into office, well maybe the ones that sold their vote!!!
Nobody wants to be a cheese eater

“SINE POENA NON EST LEX.”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#6 Aug 19, 2010
stating the facts wrote:
<quoted text>
For your information Mr. Baker was the Jailer of Perry Co. for 8 yrs. He has lived in Perry Co. all of his life 73yrs. Get your information straight before posting your comments. Nothing illegal about his political office as Jailer. Go after the candidates that put up the money they are the guilty ones.
It looks like he may be living somewhere else for a few years, somewhere like PRISON.
cornbread mafia

Doniphan, MO

#7 Aug 22, 2010
45ACP wrote:
<quoted text>It looks like he may be living somewhere else for a few years, somewhere like PRISON.
U have no ideal what will happen maybe one day u will be face with an actuation. Then people can sit back and talk about you. I hope that u can sleep with a clean conscious everynight. U are probably one of these these people who took the money to vote for these candidates. They r the ones that u need to look down upon. This vote buying has been going on for decades so don't judge these men like they were the first or the last. Get Real!!!!!!!!

Location hidden

#8 Aug 23, 2010
cornbread mafia wrote:
<quoted text>
U have no ideal what will happen maybe one day u will be face with an actuation. Then people can sit back and talk about you.
You are right I don't have any "ideal" what will happen. I just made an observation based on the available facts. I don't really care what people say about me.
cornbread mafia wrote:
I hope that u can sleep with a clean conscious everynight. U are probably one of these these people who took the money to vote for these candidates. They r the ones that u need to look down upon.
I sleep quite well, thank you, because I respect the law, and I would never trade my right to vote and my dignity for something as insignificant as money. I "look down", with great contempt, upon both the buyers and the sellers.
cornbread mafia wrote:
They r the ones that u need to look down upon. This vote buying has been going on for decades so don't judge these men like they were the first or the last. Get Real!!!!!!!!
So you think that because this has been going on for so long, that makes it all right? I'm not judging anyone. A court of law will do that, and I hope they will do so harshly!
plague

Williston, SC

#9 Aug 23, 2010
45ACP wrote:
<quoted text>You are right I don't have any "ideal" what will happen. I just made an observation based on the available facts. I don't really care what people say about me.
<quoted text>I sleep quite well, thank you, because I respect the law, and I would never trade my right to vote and my dignity for something as insignificant as money. I "look down", with great contempt, upon both the buyers and the sellers.
<quoted text>So you think that because this has been going on for so long, that makes it all right? I'm not judging anyone. A court of law will do that, and I hope they will do so harshly!
I wish you would go away. All you do is get on topix and run your mouth about people. YOU MAKE EVERYONE SICK!
abc

London, KY

#10 Aug 23, 2010
stating the facts wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not correct when he married and moved to Shorty Combs' house just past the knott county line he was not qualified to hold the office of jailer. It was brought up and was covered up as was several other problems with elections at the time.

He is nothing but a copper wire stealing piece of garbage. Why didn;t they do anything about his boy selling at HHS?
abc

London, KY

#11 Aug 23, 2010
As for the ones that put the money up get them!! Get every damn one of the corrupst SOBs
abc

London, KY

#12 Aug 23, 2010
He married Shortys' widow should be in that above post.
FYI

Williston, SC

#13 Aug 23, 2010
Lewis Baker and Pearl Combs had a court date today in London Federal Court.

Location hidden

#14 Aug 23, 2010
plague wrote:
<quoted text>I wish you would go away. All you do is get on topix and run your mouth about people. YOU MAKE EVERYONE SICK!
Sorry, I'm here to stay. If you don't like what I post, just don't read it.
done deal

West Liberty, KY

#15 Aug 23, 2010
looks like Chester Jones is going to have some good ole boys for company.
chester cheese

Williston, SC

#16 Aug 23, 2010
what about the old pizza man who is always hot and ready did you know that he dont wash his hands after he plays with hisself. he really dont just think about all the nasty pizza you have ate up there.when he takes you into his cooler to show you his frozen stuff he really tries to show you his body stuff he is a hot old pizza man.if you dont beleive me just go in up there about time for him to close he will follow you to the door and whisper in your ear meet me back here around closing time.he always cheats you on your pizzas so why not go where you get more for your money.
google it 45ACP

Williston, SC

#17 Aug 23, 2010
It's a fair question: Is marijuana addictive? The answer is complicated, unfortunately. Yes and no. From a strictly physical standpoint, marijuana is really only addictive in extreme cases of heavy, prolonged use. Even then, the physical withdrawal symptoms are likely caused more due to psychological factors than by a real, physical withdrawal.

So for the most part, there really is no physical withdrawal; no detox symptoms for quitting marijuana. With other drugs, such as alcohol or painkillers, there are very real and sometimes even dangerous withdrawal symptoms that can occur during the detox process. But with marijuana, there really are no such problems. So this would tend to point to the idea that marijuana is not addictive
cool

Irvine, KY

#18 Aug 27, 2010
plague wrote:
<quoted text>I wish you would go away. All you do is get on topix and run your mouth about people. YOU MAKE EVERYONE SICK!
I like u PLAGUE,u kick ass..........oh yeah
cool

Irvine, KY

#19 Aug 27, 2010
google it 45ACP wrote:
It's a fair question: Is marijuana addictive? The answer is complicated, unfortunately. Yes and no. From a strictly physical standpoint, marijuana is really only addictive in extreme cases of heavy, prolonged use. Even then, the physical withdrawal symptoms are likely caused more due to psychological factors than by a real, physical withdrawal.
So for the most part, there really is no physical withdrawal; no detox symptoms for quitting marijuana. With other drugs, such as alcohol or painkillers, there are very real and sometimes even dangerous withdrawal symptoms that can occur during the detox process. But with marijuana, there really are no such problems. So this would tend to point to the idea that marijuana is not addictive.blah blah blah blah...Ive been there done it,u F$$$$$G coke whore.I love doing it all...
u really need help.I know some good rehabs to attend to help with ur addictions.U really shouldnt go advertising what u do though,dont u think.
citizen 04

Greenbrier, AR

#21 Aug 28, 2010
They need to get the cornbread mafis also. The drugs in this town is also connected to the politicians in this town. Hope they get them all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eastern Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Deputy at McDowell ARH 26 min Citizen 5
Do you still love Donald trump 27 min American 24
Josh Stepp gym 52 min Parent 4
Brandon Gearheart Girls Basketball 1 hr DCQ 34
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Cognac OBrien 160,482
Skate Board Dude 4 hr Popcorn Ed 1
shanean (Feb '16) 8 hr Politically correct 11

Eastern Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Eastern Mortgages