Affordable apartments for seniors ope...

Affordable apartments for seniors open in Sleepy Hollow

There are 6 comments on the Journal News story from Nov 2, 2008, titled Affordable apartments for seniors open in Sleepy Hollow. In it, Journal News reports that:

SLEEPY HOLLOW - Two years after ground was broken to build 64 one-bedroom units of affordable, senior citizen housing, the Ida Smith-Margaret White Senior Resident Facility is ready for occupancy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Journal News.

gotti

Mountain View, AR

#1 Nov 14, 2008
im glad that something is being done to help out the older senior citizens, they need a good quality of life just like any american should have. my father is 72 years old and i would do anything for him if he couldnt fend for himself. i help and care about senior citizens any way i can.god bless them.
American Pie

Morning Sun, IA

#2 Nov 14, 2008
Affordable housing for senior citizens, has been a joke and myth for decades. It is , and has been among the largest national ripoffs, for decades. I'm talking from very limmited experience here. I am getting older (60's) good health. I have raised and provided for (immediate needs)dozens of famalies and children...in their times of need... Just try to give them a "leg up- or boost to get them on their own feet, as best you can. At best, they will still have to struggle, in this lifetime, for years, or decades, but the only reward, I expect...is they made it...Finaly! Us old codgers'...what do we wan't to do, live to be a 100 yrs. old, and still run rings around the (babies) 16-30 year olds?
American Pie

Morning Sun, IA

#3 Nov 14, 2008
Mr Gotti...I do not know your circumstances? Just trust me, for a moment. Your elder citizen, does not to be in a nursing home....this country or world... they all suck...the life out of people! Keep Pa, or grand Ma home, as best you can... as all the Gov't. programs suck. Just go and visit, the nursing home, when you are not expetited...to visit? Be prepared for the worst?
Shane

Bronx, NY

#4 Nov 15, 2008
American Pie wrote:
Mr Gotti...I do not know your circumstances? Just trust me, for a moment. Your elder citizen, does not to be in a nursing home....this country or world... they all suck...the life out of people! Keep Pa, or grand Ma home, as best you can... as all the Gov't. programs suck. Just go and visit, the nursing home, when you are not expetited...to visit? Be prepared for the worst?
Am I missing something I don't think Gotti said anything
about nursing homes. correct me if I am wrong.
And thank God for the senior citizen housing.
gotti

Mountain View, AR

#5 Nov 16, 2008
thank you shane, i didnt say anything about nursing homes, american pie did it for me, hes right about sum of the nursing homes one rotten apple spoils the whole bunch.ill take care of my dad myself until i find a nursing home that i can trust 100 percent.
michael vincent

Tuckahoe, NY

#6 Nov 1, 2011
I am now in my sixties living in westchester new york trying to obtain an affordable senior housing apt, I have contacted every politican i know and all i get is a run around. this country takes care of all the immigrants that enter this country with food stamps, medical housing but eh hell with the seniors, it is a total disgrace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eastchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Rochelle Middle School Student Stabbed 16 hr 333stenbrian 1
New Rochelle (Sep '07) May 3 rich meyers 3,365
News Volunteers Needed For Oasis Spring Fling Fundra... May 2 stenbrian44 1
News 4 NYPD cops accused in assault on bar patron in... (Feb '08) Apr 29 AIPAC owns NYPD 47
News Cops: Man Followed, Sexually Assaulted, Robbed ... (May '14) Apr 29 indict AIPAC 5
News Sex Scandal in Mount Vernon: Former Superintend... (Mar '12) Apr 28 Zeke the Pinhead 3
News Sources: Major Overnight Drug Gang Bust at Bron... Apr 28 Budley 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Eastchester Mortgages