Rabbi sex scandal at Yeshiva U

Dec 14, 2012 Full story: New York Post 11

The chancellor of Yeshiva University reportedly has acknowledged that two rabbis assigned to its all-boys high school were allowed to leave quietly after students accused them of sexual abuse.

Full Story
rosenberg

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Dec 16, 2012
"Innocent Until Proven Guilty." unfortunately never applies to sexual criminal allegations. One is immediately considered 'GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT.'" I can tell you as a police chaplain that many innnocent people have been accused falsely and served time; only later were they found innocent. The person's reputation is ruined and finances depleted. I wonder if Dr. Norman Lamn is being used as the fall guy. I have the greatest respect for him and can only imagine that even if complaints were brought to him, he as president of the university asked others to investigate and take action. It is true that in the late 60's and 70's such instances were handled differently, but now if the allegations are true action should be taken. We should give credit to current President Richard Joel for immediately taking a stand.
Rabbi Dr. Bernhard Rosenberg
RABBI BERNHARD ROSENBERG

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Dec 17, 2012
all I have heard is heresay which would never hold up in court. Use real names and give dates, time and place. So far two reputations have been ruined and where is the solid proof, witnesses, pictures, RECORDINGS, anything. THIS WILL NEVER GO TO COURT THERE IS . SO FAR THERE IS A LOT OF HERESAY AND NO REAL PROOF. Dr. Lamm is a hero at Y.U. He saved Y.U. THERE were others who should have handled the alleged sexual issues. Where are they and who are they? Rabbi DR. BERNHARD ROSENBERG
wack

Jersey City, NJ

#3 Dec 17, 2012
I hear penn state is hiring.
RABBI BERNHARD ROSENBERG

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Dec 20, 2012
Local News: College-Point, NY
|
|
Sign In
1 2 3 China

Hundreds held in China for spreading doomsday rumors Syria

Poll: Americans open to Syria intervention
Politix

Would tighter gun control have helped prevent the Connecticut ... Home
Forums
Top Stories
Popular
Local
Politix US
Politics
World
Sports
Entertainment
Offbeat
Other
Yeshiva UniversityNews Forums & Polls R.C.A. SHOULD INVESTI...
Real-Time News
Join the Community! 2 replies
r.c.a. should investigate their own members: stop the hypocracy
Posted in the Yeshiva University Forum

Read

Comments below
Add to my Tracker

More Yeshiva University Discussions Ľ
Comments

Showing posts 1 - 1 of1 RABBI BERNHARD ROSENBERG
Edison, NJ
Reply Ľ
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#1 Friday Dec 14
It is not just SATMIR. How about the allegations at YESHIVA UNIVERSITY. RABBI ROSENBERG, NOT RELATED IS A HERO.

Since the RCA is investigating issues they should investigate what was done to a group of Rabbis including myself who received Smicha from YU, were placed in United Synagogue congregations by YU and were members of the RCA. We were either thrown out after 15 years or forced to resign. The revisionist version is that Rav Soleveichik of Blessed Memory gave Heterim for us to be place in non mechitzah shuls for two years to try to make them Orthodox.The truth is I and others I know were never given a heter by the Rav , but YU placed us and said it was ok and our instructions were to raise money for YU which I did to tune of over 1.5 million dollars. Why not investigate Rabbis who are members of the RCA who committed adultery and financial crimes in addition to molestation. Many talented Rabbis were forced to enter other fields because they were blacklisted in the Orthodox community because they served in non Mechitzah shuls. I was told by a past placement director of YU that I could not get a Mechitzah shul after serving in a conservative shul (at YU's behest) and should drive a cab. My wife and I were told by a past president of the RCA that we should "burn in hell" for being in a non Mechitzah shul. In addition the shidduchim of my children would be destroyed. I went public (see YU Commentator articles). Three of my four children are already married and have frum households.
Regarding the current YU situation, face up to it, hire a private investigator and make it public. In addition, it doesnt matter how old the alleged molestors are, if the charges are proven, throw them out of the RCA and put them in jail where they belong. If the RCA could ruin the lives of many Orthodox ordained Rabbis whose only crime was to spread Torah in non Orthodox synagogues, then the RCA must investigate and act on these latest charges and the other questionnable actions of members of the RCA.
P.S. let us not forget wife beaters. I have been in the Rabbinate for almost 40 years and assure you what I have said is true. I am one of the few Rabbis who is not afraid to speak out. As many know,in addition to being a pulpit Rabbi and professor I write for a number of syndicated newspapers. If there is information you would like to share feel free to contact me.

Rabbi Dr. Bernhard Rosenberg
RABBI BERNHARD ROSENBERG

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Dec 20, 2012
If anyone ever hurt any of my children physically, including sexually, we would have been at the police station.
Why didnít these YU parents behave similarly?
den

Middletown, NJ

#7 Dec 23, 2012
Funny how they both ran to isreal nothing says guilty better than a runner
RABBI BERNHARD ROSENBERG wrote:
all I have heard is heresay which would never hold up in court. Use real names and give dates, time and place. So far two reputations have been ruined and where is the solid proof, witnesses, pictures, RECORDINGS, anything. THIS WILL NEVER GO TO COURT THERE IS . SO FAR THERE IS A LOT OF HERESAY AND NO REAL PROOF. Dr. Lamm is a hero at Y.U. He saved Y.U. THERE were others who should have handled the alleged sexual issues. Where are they and who are they? Rabbi DR. BERNHARD ROSENBERG
RABBI BERNHARD ROSENBERG

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Dec 30, 2012
So far there is an anonymous accusation against Rabbi Macy Gordon

MY SOURCE TELLS ME MR. ANONYMOUS GRADUATED EINSTEIN. MEDICAL SCHOOL OF YESHIA UNIVERSITY SEEMS LIKE HE OWES Y.U. HIS CAREER. YESHIVA UNIVERSITY is the school where I spent most of of academic life. Do not lecture me on what I owe or do not. For your information, RIETS and .J.S.S. made be who I am. I will fight for the school that produced rabbis that cared for me and nutured me. It is not my fault that parents who knew of these acts did nothing including showing up in mass to punish the individual who did malice to their child. Do not lecture me on sexual violence. Where were the parents who knew.? Stop whining and trying to destroy Yeshiva University and have Rabbi Lamm resign. He did what was proper at the time. Prove that Rabbi GORDON molested anyone. The story about the toothbrush is ludicrous. I have had my own issues with the R..C.A. AND Y.U., but I did not wake up 35 years later to realize I was molested. Go to ISRAEL AND CONFRONT these abusers , they are still alive. I call upon current students and alumni to speak up on behalf of their school. I FOR ONE HAVE HEARD ENOUGH UNPROVEN ALLEGATIONS THAT HAVE RUINED TWO LIVES. DO NOR RESPOUND SHAME ON YOU OR I DO NOT UNDERSTAND SEX ABUSE. I understand if this happened to my child and I knew of it I WOULD HAVE CALLED FRIENDS and made sure the culprit never did this to any child again. Rabbi Dr. Bernhard Rosenberg
rhd43

New York, NY

#10 Jan 3, 2013
There are allegations that allegedly David Luchins is being investigated. If anyone has any information, they are urged to call the NY US Attorney General's Office in Albany. Once again, he is not being accused of any crime.Please call.
Bernhard Rosenberg

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Jan 7, 2013
Many of us are very proud graduates of numerous schools of Yeshiva University. These comments are made by people who either have no allegiance to the school or have probably never attended. Schools such as Einstein medical school, Wurzweiler school of social work, Cardoza Law school, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Azrieli, Revel as well as Yeshiva College and the various Religious divisions of YU including REITS and JSS have provided leaders in all fields of the worldwide Jewish and general community.Attacking Yeshiva University in the Forward on an almost daily basis is a wonderful way to sell newspapers. While there are some who have legitimate accusations, there will be many seeking merely to sue for the sake of making money.Stop blaming the entire Orthodox Jewish world for the deeds of a few. RABBI DR. BERNHARD ROSENBERG
rosenberg

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Jul 1, 2013
After reading Dr. Norman Lamm's statement, I want all the people who were allegedly sexually abused at YU to know that in late December I was posting on other sites that I supported their right to take the issue to court. I wrote that after reading up on sexual abuse cases and speaking to many who contacted him, I understood why neither the victims nor their parents spoke up .I encourage YU, its leadership to offer a sincere apology for what happened to these victims. I also encourage the RCA to make a similar statement regarding their members who either looked away or shook off complaints. RABBI DR. BERNHARD ROSENBERG
Vote Schiffman

New York, NY

#14 Jul 12, 2013
Meanwhile, YU vice provost Lawrence Schiffman has emerged as the leading candidate for the vacant chancellorship:

http://votelawrenceschiffman.wordpress.com/20...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eastchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do all Puerto Rican men cheat? (Aug '11) 6 hr Barbie moon 38
Worst Neighborhood in THE Bronx (Feb '10) 8 hr Yrag 198
Review: My Wonderful Spa 8 hr rocks 1
On This Day: Malcolm X Assassinated (Feb '09) 12 hr Khan 48
Man critically injured in New Rochelle hit-and-run Sun stenbrian333 1
2 Students Shot Outside Williamsburg High Schoo... Jan 24 The Phanton Hell ... 4
Mount Vernon Will Begin Enforcing New Red-Light... Jan 22 Kenneth Ramsey 1

Coastal Flood Warning for Westchester County was issued at January 26 at 7:26PM EST

Eastchester News Video

Eastchester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Eastchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:24 am PST

Yahoo! Sports11:24AM
New Browns OC unfazed by QB uncertainty