Eastchester police officer crashes in...

Eastchester police officer crashes into utility pole

There are 2 comments on the Journal News story from Sep 26, 2007, titled Eastchester police officer crashes into utility pole. In it, Journal News reports that:

Melanie Plenda The Journal News EASTCHESTER - A police officer was involved in a car accident tonight that shut down a road and downed electrical lines. via Journal News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Journal News.

Christopher Reinert

Sayreville, NJ

#1 Sep 27, 2007
In response to this article, and what happened last night, I want to give you the facts of what happened. Not what "Police Officer, said about the accident."

My sister was driving around 6:30pm and was making the left hand turn. She asked her roommate, Samantha(who was in the car), and asked, "Is this no outlet?" Samantha, said, "No, you can go." Lindsey was about to proceed forward to make the left hand turn, when she saw a police officer, speeding down the opposite lane, forward. Lindsey was stopped, and had nothing to do with this accident.

She was a little over the dbl line, but not enough for the police officer to slam into a telephone. I question you guys, If lets say the police officer was going "Normal speed limit" Why would he crash into the telephone pole? As a driver you are responsible to have full control of your car. Even if she was 2 feet, over the line there should be ample room to avoid any time of head on accident.

After the accident, the supervisor was taking an accident report, and a witness on scene, saw the accident and told the police officer that the police officer in the unmarked car was speeding. The Supervisor, told the witness that she saw nothing, but the witness persisted that the police officer was speeding.
My sister persisted to tell the police officer make sure that is in the accident report, and the supervisor on scene, said - it is and will be.

After the accident, my sister - is a criminal justice major at Iona College, and in good standings with them, as well works for the Bergen County Sheriffs Office. Knows, what to do at the scene. So she got out a memo pad, and wanted to write down the names of those who were at the scene of accident, as witnesses. When she started to walk to the pedestrians, the police officer said,"what are you doing?"
Lindsey replied, "I am going to take down the names of all the witnesses who saw the accident"
The police officer(Willy), told her, they are no witnesses they all left,get in your car, and leave." She waited 10 mins, and after ten mins, the police officer was still waiting, and as she left the police officer shortly left right after.

This is not the first time they did something like this, Take a further look at the NY Food Inspector, accident who again an Eastchester police ran through an intersection, and crashed.
annoyed

Billerica, MA

#2 Jul 14, 2008
You idiot the cop had a heart attack and ended up crashing as a result so don't talk about these cops that you don't even know. They are good people so don't you dare say anything you weren't there and you don't know what really happened okay so shut your mouth and there's no cop named willy on the force genuis nice try stop lying your sister probably wasn't thier and if she was the cops probably figured she was a reporter trying to get a scoop and twist things around which is exactly what you just did twist everythnig around

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eastchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former hockey star headed to prison (Apr '08) Feb 15 Gooch 73
News New Rochelle Teenager Found Guilty Of Murdering... Feb 15 333stenbrian 1
News Man finds dead body in recently purchased house... Feb 13 cowboy 1
Growing up in Mamaroneck (Jan '06) Feb 11 zima 369
the disco days of the past (Mar '08) Feb 10 downs 97
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Eastchester (Jan '14) Feb 9 Mani singh 56
What is the best kind of Dip? (Dec '08) Feb 4 Grizzly 218

Eastchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance