Thefts from resident's cars

Thefts from resident's cars

Posted in the Eastchester Forum

NEC Resident

Woodhaven, NY

#1 Dec 11, 2008
Starting this past Saturday night, there have been now 4 or 5 cars robbed (3 of those late Saturday night), all in a small area of North Eastchester around Anderson Ave. Mine was one of them. In all cases the cars were unlocked but the thieves seem to be just walking into people drive-ways and opening the cars. Looks like they are just going from house to house from how close together the thefts were. Pretty scary!
I heard one of these thefts actually happened in the afternoon in broad daylight!
This is pretty concerning. And what's more, according to the others I talked to and my own experience, the police are doing nothing past filing a report. Even one of the people had credit cards stolen from their car, making it a felony. The person was later contacted by someone that the cards turned up in the Bronx. Apparently the detective didn't fingerprint or even go to the location where the cards were found. They just suggested calling the MTA because one of the cards had been used to buy Metrocards and that's it. Any the detectives so busy they can't take some time to investiate?
Here was another shocker... the police said there were no cameras at Scarsdale station they could check to see the identities of the people who bought the Metrocards with the stolen credit cards. How can that be!?!?
PLEASE, LOCK YOUR DOORS!
And let me know your suggestions on what to do, if anything, to stop this kind of blatant theft. I'm thinking of putting up security cameras...
JSG

Forest Hills, NY

#2 Dec 12, 2008
My boyfriends car was broken into last night. We just moved to Bronxville from CT and I am absolutely appalled by how the police treated this situation. When they FINALLY came to see what had happened (4 hours later!!) They said "this happens all t he time". This should NOT be a common activity that Bronxville is apart of. I don't want to feel unsafe that I can't leave a car, parked near our home. This is disgusting and something needs to be done about it.
NEC Resident

Woodhaven, NY

#3 Dec 12, 2008
Exactly! These thefts should be taken seriously. If criminals see that they can just go around our neighborhoods and rob cars and the police don't even take the crimes seriously, they'll be encouraged to do again and again! They'll see how it's tolerated and considered "accepted".

It's a crime and should be treated like a crime! The police should send a message that it is not tolerated by investigating and doing things to deter it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eastchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ap konsi actress ka doodh pena chahte ho (Oct '14) 1 hr Salina Prakash ka... 7
News Summer in NYC: Movies to watch under the stars (Jul '11) 5 hr Sip_paint_shop 21
St.MARYS IN THE FIELD (Mar '15) Mon Denise 5
News Police Blotter: Incidents Around Port Chester (Jul '12) Mar 25 Oliver961 5
News Baby girl born in car amid Thanksgiving traffic... Mar 25 A Man Named Lemcheck 19
Wild Cowboys movie! (Sep '09) Mar 24 La Ciguapa 212
News Mayor Blames Trump's Election for Spike in Subw... Mar 24 25or6to4 1

Eastchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Eastchester Mortgages