town molesting residence
Concerned

New Hartford, NY

#1 May 15, 2008
Why is our little town driving us out?? Us and many many others. The town of Cicero, NY has increased our taxes to a point which are unaffordable to most residence. Molesting the residence is a better way of putting it. We received a letter the other day pertaining to town tax increases. Giving the residence until the 27Th. of this month to dispute it. It seems we are having to constantly dispute something our Governments and businesses are doing to survive from day to day. With the economy the way it is, we are now doomed. Really, I am not kidding. MY FAMILY IS DOOMED. I have to select between eating and paying taxes. NY is no place for family's anymore. I , like many, love NY. However, to continue to stay here spells disaster for us. We are hanging on by a thread. Now we are sinking with these outrageous tax increases. The money we received from the Government to stimulate the economy $1200.00 has to go back to the Government in the way of increased taxes, PLUS AN ADDITIONAL $800.00 DOLLARS MORE. Almost $7,000.00 dollars in taxes for one year. A $2,000.00 DOLLAR PER YEAR INCREASE. Yep!!!! Molesting, no other word for it. I don't think this is what President Bush had in mind when he announced stimulating to the citizens. Feels more like circumsized without pain killers. An out right crime. We have to sell and get out. Like many others we can't keep doing this. It is sad. We have raised our children and grandchildren in this town. Greedy politicians and business is driving us out. After 35 years,we have to leave all our memories and our home behind. Christmas will never be the same without our home. We will never be the same.

Sincerely

Another sad Cicero, NY resident.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Syracuse Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News At rural Upstate NY barn, cock-fighters attache... 8 hr Correct 23
News 22-year-old Syracuse man charged in Father's Da... Mon Truth 1
News Two men stabbed in Syracuse after fight at East... Mon Truth 1
News Mohawk Valley Gas Prices Higher Than Upstate Av... Jun 24 87 octane 9
Snapchat sluts (Jan '15) Jun 23 Lexi the scam artist 10
News Syracuse, Rochester, Buffalo all rank among the... Jun 20 scorpio3 1
News Syracuse man gets 10 years for shooting victim ... Jun 20 Truth 1

East Syracuse Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance