Granite Police get paid to eat breakfast everyday.

Posted in the East St. Louis Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of169
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Superman

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Go to AppleTree in the morning at opening untile around 9:00am and the whole force is setting around joking and eating on the clock. There cars are parked outside running the whole time burning gas. This is where are tax dollars are going. What do you tax payers think about this?
cath

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

I think that is bullcrap if true.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

I understand the reason for keeping the cars running. However w/ the price of fuel so high, isn't there a more cost effective way w/o sacrificing a quick getaway? Isn't there remote car starters or something along that line? I'd be curious to see the costs of fuel for GCPD and have a way to know how much of that time is idle time. GPS will tell you that I think. Just seems like an unnecessary waste of taxpayer dollars, especially in the summer w/ a/c on.
henry

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

If any of you had a clue a vehicle sitting and ldleing does not use that much fuel they can let the car sit and idle for 2 weeks before one tank of full if used.
Baws

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

henry wrote:
If any of you had a clue a vehicle sitting and ldleing does not use that much fuel they can let the car sit and idle for 2 weeks before one tank of full if used.
And if you had a clue you would know excessive idling is bad for a motor. Good thing the GCPD still use the crown vic, those things are indestructible.
Concerned

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

They protect our community and risk their lives everyday that they go to work and your bitching about a free meal?
white boy

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Concerned wrote:
They protect our community and risk their lives everyday that they go to work and your bitching about a free meal?
Are you kidding,giving speeding tickets and harassing seniors is not risking your life,unless you stop my wife on certain days of the month
mahz

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

You don't get a lunch break where you work? Do you work?
henry

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Please tell me how a motor sitting idle is bad for it.??? Huh smartass since you know so much.
Superman

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Concerned wrote:
There are usualy five to six of them at a time. They set for an hour to two each day. Add that up over a year and see what that cost. I work every day and if I got cought eating breakfast on the clock by my boss. He would say that I just had my lunch break for the day. They get paid to do a job, why should they get paid up to 10 hours a week each to set and talk and stuff there faces?
DH

Barnhart, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

They work 12 hour shifts. Would you rather them take their 2nd break at 9 am or around 5 pm?? Don't you think 9 am is a little calmer time??

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

henry wrote:
It sure seems to me that I use more fuel during the winter when I am idling my car for 5 minute warmups.???
Superman

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

DH wrote:
They work 12 hour shifts. Would you rather them take their 2nd break at 9 am or around 5 pm?? Don't you think 9 am is a little calmer time??
An hour to two hour breaks besides lunch. WOW I wish I got those kind of breaks. I work 12 hour shifts also. I get two 15 min breaks and one half hour lunch. They have it made.
fan of the GCPD.

Kansas City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

I live across from the park. It is no secret that my neighborhood is on a steep decline. I think the GCPD do a great job of patrolling my neighborhood, and have responded swiftly anytime I've called for their assistance. If they want to eat and get a breather every now and then when not responding to the next robbery or od, then by all means. Thank you GCPD for all you do.
Baws

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

henry wrote:
Please tell me how a motor sitting idle is bad for it.??? Huh smartass since you know so much.
Do some research Jr. Google is your friend
DH

Barnhart, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Superman wrote:
<quoted text>An hour to two hour breaks besides lunch. WOW I wish I got those kind of breaks. I work 12 hour shifts also. I get two 15 min breaks and one half hour lunch. They have it made.
Somedays they don't even get a lunch. If they get a call during their lunch they have to leave. So, if they take longer here and there so be it. I don't know why everyone must talk bad about the police. They see more in one week than most see in a lifetime.
exactly

Glen Carbon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

U ppl r idiots I swear. They do what they can to protect the community but with dumb ass hoosiers not wanting to "snitch" or call the cops or even slightly corporate with them ya it makes their jobs hard. You complain bc they "harass speeders" but yet they are protecting us by stopping a potential accident due to speeding! And if u dont like them stopping speeders atleast when theyre taking a break and eating they can't stop speeders. Wth are your expectations? Seriously!?! Who cares if they idle theyre cars....they can get in go at the drop of a dime! Remote cars starters only start the car. You still have to turn the key to go. I think they do a commendable job for the city they work in....trust me it could be a lot worse!!!! This isnt flipn green acres this isnt even a small town. And they dont get free meals. They pay for the food....out of pocket...most restaurants give officers a discount for putting their lives on the line everyday at work. Where do you work your 12hrs? Do you risk people shooting at you trying to stabbor run over you??? No! So if they take an hr break in a 12hr shift dont sweat it bc I bet your ass they could stop eating, save your life and you would still whine like a piece of trash!

Since: Dec 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Ok so you believe that cops shouldn't be allowed to have along break? Seriously? Theses men and women put their life's on the line everyday they go to work! And let me guess Superman or should we say Mr Gary walliser. What's a mater are the sitting to close to your house? You and your nasty wife scared they are watching your low life step kids? I mean hell they would steal the shoes of your feet if you where sleeping. All you are is a freaken trash man. We all know your family why don't you get your ass off of hot topix starting shit with the police. If you wasn't buying and selling stolen properties you wouldn't have a problem with where the police was hanging. Get a life oh you can't still faking being hurt for your workmans comp case
nope

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

There still on duty and drop there food at the drop of a dime for any call. theyre not out sitting on the side of the road while eating maybe but hey thats better for you speeders....lol..imagine this town or anyother without them. Kudos to gcpd... doin there best in an unappreciative community.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

biggirl100 wrote:
Ok so you believe that cops shouldn't be allowed to have along break? Seriously? Theses men and women put their life's on the line everyday they go to work! And let me guess Superman or should we say Mr Gary walliser. What's a mater are the sitting to close to your house? You and your nasty wife scared they are watching your low life step kids? I mean hell they would steal the shoes of your feet if you where sleeping. All you are is a freaken trash man. We all know your family why don't you get your ass off of hot topix starting shit with the police. If you wasn't buying and selling stolen properties you wouldn't have a problem with where the police was hanging. Get a life oh you can't still faking being hurt for your workmans comp case
WOWSA! The allegations fly.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of169
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent East St. Louis Discussions

Search the East St. Louis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 53 min lol 3,780
Missing Brown Dog 1 hr Really 3
Shooting Range on the old Army Depot 1 hr Really 11
stevie Ray 2 hr nasty nate 1
Review: M & K Auto Sales 2 hr Danny Tanner 4
Grayell Slusher (he's in his 40's) (Oct '12) 2 hr Cooter 19
Three charged after false R... 6 hr iBinPharteen 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

East St. Louis Jobs

•••