Who cares

Not voting

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
concerned citizen

Granite City, IL

#1 Mar 17, 2013
I don't know the difference between one or the other.
whocares

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Mar 18, 2013
dont care

“I live in a redneck mansion!”

Since: Mar 13

Granite City

#3 Mar 18, 2013
Rock the vote.

No vote no voice.
concerned citizen

Granite City, IL

#4 Mar 19, 2013
No one else has thoughts on this?
Liz Taylor

Granite City, IL

#5 Mar 19, 2013
Viv Hudson will be getting my vote, it's time for a change!

the white power ranger

“Try my Troll House cookies!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#6 Mar 20, 2013
judy is a great lady...she knows the active members of the community and helps any way that she can...
GC Guy

Granite City, IL

#7 Mar 20, 2013
Judy has done a good job for me I have no b**** about her job performance . You know that old say'n the grass looks greener. Just say'n

the white power ranger

Location hidden

#8 Mar 20, 2013
but this is granite..i see no grass...just moss and mud...
info

Granite City, IL

#9 Mar 21, 2013
I will be voting for Vivian Hudson. Even though noone would run against Judy in the past, I havent given her my vote in years. I cant vote for anyone who wouldnt promote their own city. I think we need a change to make a change in our city.

the white power ranger

Location hidden

#10 Mar 22, 2013
info wrote:
I will be voting for Vivian Hudson. Even though noone would run against Judy in the past, I havent given her my vote in years. I cant vote for anyone who wouldnt promote their own city. I think we need a change to make a change in our city.
she promotes her own city...the lady that ran the haunted house also runs a few other things locally....judy has always encouraged that series of event...

she has a welcoming smile with the can do attitude...

and dont get me wrong..i am not bashing vivian..i am just saying that you misrepresented judy...
GC Guy

Granite City, IL

#11 Mar 22, 2013
info wrote:
You say you haven.t voted for Judy in years. So is Judy's going to really miss your support? As for as you say'n she doesn't support this city. This city is what it is . That's not Judy's Fault is it? I don't think so either....
clueless

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Mar 22, 2013
the white power ranger wrote:
<quoted text>
she promotes her own city...the lady that ran the haunted house also runs a few other things locally....judy has always encouraged that series of event...
and dont get me wrong..i am not bashing vivian..i am just saying that you misrepresented judy...
The only thing Judy and "the lady that ran the haunted house" have in common is their last name. Judy has NEVER been for the redevelopment of the downtown area. She didn't even go to the theatre openning. Check your facts WPR.
CLUELESS IS CLUELES

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Mar 22, 2013
Judy was at the movie theater opening. I was there and saw her. So check your facts.
hahahaha

East Saint Louis, IL

#14 Mar 22, 2013
Not only has Judy NOT encouraged those events, she out and out hates the woman who sponsors ALL THOSE EVENTS.
Ask her....she'll be happy to tell you about how she has tried to stop the events you speak of.
You are the one doing the misrepresenting.
It's a well known fact she despises the lady who does the Haunted House and Spooktacular and the Melting Pot Market, ask ANYONE at city hall.
info

Granite City, IL

#15 Mar 22, 2013
GC Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You say you haven.t voted for Judy in years. So is Judy's going to really miss your support? As for as you say'n she doesn't support this city. This city is what it . That's not Judy's Fault is it? I don't think so either....
Guess you've never been around when someone inquires about bringing new business to the downtown area. It doesn't look good when anyone that works in that office and is paid by this city has negative things to say about it. It discourages people from wanting to even try. Never said she would miss my support at all. Just that i couldn't give her my vote. She didn't need anyone's support because she never had opposition. I'm not trying to blame anyone for all of our troubles. It's up to all of us if we want change not just one lady. I'm pretty sure i never said she didn't support the city, but the negative comments about our new downtown development sure doesn't sound like promoting your city that desperately needs to grow. Hope there is a good voter turn out this year, regardless of who wins.
willy phisterbottom

Granite City, IL

#16 Mar 22, 2013
the white power ranger wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate to disagree ..but she hates that lady that does the haunted house. Please, ask her yourself. She is not bashful about it lol. Hates her and every project she has worked on including downtown. True story....just sayin.

the white power ranger

Location hidden

#17 Mar 23, 2013
i have no clue what you blokes are on about...i asked her personally about who was in charge of those things so i could give donations; money, man power, my personal time...judy was extra helpful and i have never heard her say anything negative about a positive...NEVER!
mahz

Belleville, IL

#18 Mar 23, 2013
We borrowed around 12 million dollars for new landscaping, an arts district and a theater downtown that cannot earn enough money to pay it's own bills. About half way through the "renovation" they ran out of money and could not borrow any more. All it did was enrich a few people who got contracts from the city, while all the tax payers got hosed and will be paying off this BS for the next 20 years. The landscaping downtown is nice though. It makes a great place for the homeless and the junkies to sit down and take a rest.

Judy was right!
mahz

Belleville, IL

#19 Mar 23, 2013
It was a real cute idea to turn downtown Granite into a hipster commune with art galleries, recycled clothing stores and offices where activists work. Not really all that original, since it is the same crap that has been sold since the early 90s to every city by developers looking to milk them for millions. It has shown to be a failure nearly everywhere it was tried, but if you like the fact they just spent hundreds to thousands of dollars out of your pocket for a bunch of useless little pretty foo-foo crap then OK.

I would suggest if they really wanted to do something productive for Granite they would have spent money hiring more police, putting them out walking the streets and doing "stop and frisk" like they do in New York. That would go a lot farther in helping out this town than some over priced flower beds and streetlights that only serve to enrich the person who was well connected enough to get the contract for installation.

“I live in a redneck mansion!”

Since: Mar 13

Granite City

#20 Mar 23, 2013
mahz wrote:
We borrowed around 12 million dollars for new landscaping, an arts district and a theater downtown that cannot earn enough money to pay it's own bills. About half way through the "renovation" they ran out of money and could not borrow any more. All it did was enrich a few people who got contracts from the city, while all the tax payers got hosed and will be paying off this BS for the next 20 years. The landscaping downtown is nice though. It makes a great place for the homeless and the junkies to sit down and take a rest.
Judy was right!
Wait we borrowed money for the downtown area?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brent Richmond 57 min Foofoo 11
Sad 1 hr Dummy 3
Crime free housing ordanince (Apr '13) 1 hr Currly521 52
snitched her way out of jail 1 hr Foofoo 4
New high paid jobs for the steelworkers 1 hr Bot 2
Happy birthday 1 hr Foofoo 3
Lies about adress 1 hr Foofoo 35

East St. Louis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance