$13.8 million judgment from a jury

Posted in the East St. Louis Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Sandy in Texas

Wichita Falls, TX

#1 Mar 29, 2013
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/jury-awards-13...
A Texas couple who filed a defamation lawsuit over three years ago against anonymous posters on the Internet forum Topix.com won a $13.8 million judgment from a jury. Topix had to turn over the IP info, and people are being held liable for their actions.
mahz

Collinsville, IL

#2 Mar 30, 2013
Now you're going to give a bunch of these white trash imbeciles ideas. They won't even bother to read and understand why these people were able to win.
Uh Huh

Alton, IL

#3 Mar 30, 2013
You hit the nail squarely on the head. I can think of one that will hijack this thread and twist and contort the content to fit their deluded agenda.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4 Mar 30, 2013
Uh Huh wrote:
You hit the nail squarely on the head. I can think of one that will hijack this thread and twist and contort the content to fit their deluded agenda.
Yup. Wait for it.....

“AccountKiller”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#5 Mar 30, 2013
What has happened to the two in that story is far from anything that has been posted here. They had a true defamation case.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#6 Mar 30, 2013
Tis an awful shame what the Leshers have had to deal with b/c of comments on Topix. I can't imagine dealing w/ such horrendous accusations. They literally had their lives turned upside down.

Interesting article. Thanks for sharing Sandy.
Really

Belleville, IL

#7 Mar 30, 2013
MRay wrote:
What has happened to the two in that story is far from anything that has been posted here. They had a true defamation case.
And how could you possibly know that? Do you personally know everyone that gets lambasted on these forums?

“AccountKiller”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#9 Mar 31, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
And how could you possibly know that? Do you personally know everyone that gets lambasted on these forums?
The article is about defamation. I do not need to know anyone because its the post that decides if its true defamation as in the article.

TrueDefamation

Staunton, IL

#10 Apr 2, 2013
True defamation is easily proven with malicious intent.

To call someone deluded who can prove that maliciousness has taken place has a case for defamation.
Toldthetruth

Staunton, IL

#11 Apr 2, 2013
"Malicious intent refers to the intent, without just cause or reason, to commit a wrongful act that will result in harm to another. It is the intent to harm or do some evil purpose." For instance, a person who viciously lies about a person to cause ostracism and abandonment.

Remember, you all called me delusional for speaking about the abuse of a man who didn't like that I wouldn't just "drop it" that he likes to play with little girls heads and manipulate their emotions, leading them to believe he's one thing, but then being another, and all while using a grown woman who lies to cover for him because he has provided for her.

Call me delusional all you want, but just because you didn't witness first hand, and there are some perverted corrupt cops on the force, doesn't mean it didn't happen!

You people are a shame!
Toldthetruth

Staunton, IL

#12 Apr 2, 2013
The lesson learned, don't reach out to Granite City citizens, especially on this website were the most corrupt, perverse, and evil lurk!
Toldthetruth

Staunton, IL

#13 Apr 2, 2013
It's alright, because I'll never trust him again. Go shake his hands about that one Officer Dawz!
Toldthetruth

Staunton, IL

#14 Apr 2, 2013
You can all go to h*ll for all I care anymore!
mahz

Edwardsville, IL

#15 Apr 2, 2013
ok then Holly. Don't let the door hit you on your wsy out you delusional nutball.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#16 Apr 2, 2013
Oh geez. Here we go again...
mahz

Edwardsville, IL

#17 Apr 2, 2013
The head minister at House of Prayers says you can all go to hell. She doesn't care.
Mount Olive we r sorry

Granite City, IL

#18 Apr 2, 2013
stay off the gc topix. You moved out, now leave us alone with all that crap. Again M.O. we r sorry.
TELLINGYOUTHETRU TH

Staunton, IL

#19 Apr 3, 2013
"Definition of MALICIOUS: having or showing a desire to cause harm to someone : given to, marked by, or arising from malice <malicious gossip> — ma·li·cious·ly adverb"

It's EVIL BEHAVIOR! If you don't like being told the truth about yourselves and finding that it makes you ugly, then you shouldn't be maliciously lying to and about others.

No, the door didn't hit me on the way out, because I busted it down to get out there first!
TELLINGYOUTHETRU TH

Staunton, IL

#20 Apr 3, 2013
mahz wrote:
The head minister at House of Prayers says you can all go to hell. She doesn't care.
I do care you evil brute, it's why I told you to go to hell!
TELLINGYOUTHETRU TH

Staunton, IL

#21 Apr 3, 2013
Mount Olive we r sorry wrote:
stay off the gc topix. You moved out, now leave us alone with all that crap. Again M.O. we r sorry.
Who are you? God? I don't think so! Well, Granite City, I'm sorry so many of your people indulge themselves in the participation of malicious conduct, of which is a prerequisite for condemnation. Truly I'm sorry that so many of you are on the fast track to hell!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Holly Ollis 21 min GC us me 10
Name some thots in gc 29 min Allen Harper 5
Repetitive Crap 1 hr Pops girl 1
Give them a chance 1 hr user name 2
Monya's kids 1 hr Ignorance Is Bliss 6
R. I. P. Mary Hosier 2 hr fuckfakepeople 7
Tasha Andrews/Shea 2 hr idiots 56
East St. Louis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web