old timer

United States

#1 Feb 27, 2013
Whenever I get fed up with the Cahokia forum and people talking about the death of other peoples mothers or children I just go to a different time when people weren't so hateful.

Being an older person that likes You Tube for the music, that's where I go. There is so much good music and it takes you back to another era and I can escape the garbage that is on the forums now and feel good after listening to the music.

I go to sleep at night peacefully with all the music running through my head!
concerned citizen

United States

#2 Feb 27, 2013
old timer wrote:
Whenever I get fed up with the Cahokia forum and people talking about the death of other peoples mothers or children I just go to a different time when people weren't so hateful.
Being an older person that likes You Tube for the music, that's where I go. There is so much good music and it takes you back to another era and I can escape the garbage that is on the forums now and feel good after listening to the music.
Did you ever turn Rose's oxygen off yet, Richard? Seems pretty hateful of you, especially being an older person and all.
Minnie Pearl

Garden City, MI

#3 Feb 27, 2013
Grand Ole Opry...
I know

United States

#4 Feb 27, 2013
I like some of the old country and western music. Patsy Cline, Hank Williams, And Loretta Lynn. Patsy Cline could really sing "Sweet Dreams".
Richard

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Feb 27, 2013
I know wrote:
I like some of the old country and western music. Patsy Cline, Hank Williams, And Loretta Lynn. Patsy Cline could really sing "Sweet Dreams".
Yeah, that's right - did you ever get around to turning Rose's oxygen tank off, Trucker?

Nobody respects a drunk who doesn't make good on his threats!

“My town”

Since: Mar 10

your mom's bed

#6 Feb 28, 2013
As a stroll the the area on my 2hr lunch and read the comment's.
you peasant's live like your comment's .
Grand Old Oprey?
This opera sound's like a broken record.
ARE you peasant's ever going to grow up.!
Wondering

United States

#7 Feb 28, 2013
old timer wrote:
If you wouldn't post and start all the crap, there wouldn't be any to read. food for thought.
old timer

Granite City, IL

#8 Feb 28, 2013
Minnie Pearl wrote:
Grand Ole Opry...
Thank you Minnie. Did you ever remove the price tag off your hat?
Minnie Pearl

Garden City, MI

#9 Feb 28, 2013
Of course not!!!!! That hat will be worth something someday!!!!!!!!! Lmbo
I remember

United States

#10 Feb 28, 2013
I remember sitting in the floor watchimg the Grand Old Opray at home. My parents were big country music fans. I remember going to the Restaurant next to the old Cahokia Lounge and my mom and dad would have to go next door and dance a few dances to the jukebox before we left. When my mom would clean at home she would sometimes listen to those old 33 records while she cleaned. My favorite song was Blusberry Hill.
Monya

Edwardsville, IL

#11 Feb 28, 2013
I always liked that song, Long black train.
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#12 Feb 28, 2013
F Bergman wrote:
As a stroll the the area on my 2hr lunch and read the comment's.
you peasant's live like your comment's .
Grand Old Oprey?
This opera sound's like a broken record.
ARE you peasant's ever going to grow up.!
No way they are. Throw the morons a couple of cheap White castles and a bottle of cheap wine and they are in heaven
Info

Belleville, IL

#13 Feb 28, 2013
Those old 33 records are antique collectables now. You can buy the antique victrollos but they are expensive. We had one when I was a kid.Big floor model with the record player at the top. I have a Elvis record still in the cardboard sleeve with his picture on the front. It was my moms.
old timer

United States

#14 Feb 28, 2013
I like a lot of the old music and you can find it on You Tube. A lot of that was music my grandparents listened to in their day.
My grandfather thought that Bing Crosby was the best singer ever and he was excellent, just like the big bands, ragtime and so much other music.
One of my all time favorites is Jimmey Durante. I really get a kick out of watching his videos and he sang with all the greats even into the mid sixty's.
I love music!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#15 Feb 28, 2013
Monya wrote:
I always liked that song, Long black train.
my wife also liked being in a big long black train.
my bet

United States

#16 Feb 28, 2013
You must be Toby and your wife is Monya!!
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#17 Feb 28, 2013
Tobacco Road is a good song about csome of the Cahokia types

I was born in a trunk.
Mama died and my daddy got drunk.
Left me here to die alone
In the middle of Tobacco Road.

Growin' up rusty shack,
All I had was hangin' on my back.
Only you know how I loathe
This place called Tobacco Road.

But it's home, the only life I ever known.
Only you know how I loathe Tobacco Road.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
clown sightings 25 min Richard 61
Julie main 1 hr Creepy 10
Alderwoman Tina Oberlin for Mayor of Crest Hill 1 hr Union Yes 8
Yard sale 2 hr Stuff 1
Kate supinski 5 hr Woe 27
bryan richards 5 hr Dirty 10
Home wrecking hooches 6 hr hope 91

East St. Louis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance