Cahokia Mom

Edwardsville, IL

#21 Jan 24, 2013
I will be attending the meeting on January 29 to discuss this issue, as I have a kid in 3rd grade as CSC. I feel that I was promised an education until graduation at CSC, and now the district is going back on it's word.

If the high school portion closes, this will cause me to go to a private school, outside of Cahokia. I have NO OTHER CHOICE - I will not put my child in Cahokia High School. It's a shame, because that's where I graduated.

I would be willing to pay a tuition even if the school would remain as is. Are there any other parents out there that feel this way? That would consider paying tuition to keep the school open?
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#22 Jan 24, 2013
Thats hat you people should do. Pay tuiton instead of expecting society in general to foot the bills of having children.
You chose to have them so you pay their way
nasty

United States

#23 Jan 24, 2013
Brian wrote:
Thats hat you people should do. Pay tuiton instead of expecting society in general to foot the bills of having children.
You chose to have them so you pay their way
Your kids are too stupid to attend any school and your too lazy to work and pay for help for them you friggen welfare bum!!
Duh

Belleville, IL

#24 Jan 24, 2013
Cahokia Mom wrote:
I will be attending the meeting on January 29 to discuss this issue, as I have a kid in 3rd grade as CSC. I feel that I was promised an education until graduation at CSC, and now the district is going back on it's word.
If the high school portion closes, this will cause me to go to a private school, outside of Cahokia. I have NO OTHER CHOICE - I will not put my child in Cahokia High School. It's a shame, because that's where I graduated.
I would be willing to pay a tuition even if the school would remain as is. Are there any other parents out there that feel this way? That would consider paying tuition to keep the school open?
well once again you people don't get it !!! It is NOT THE DISTRICT IT IS THE STATE THAT HAS CUT FUNDING WAKE UP !!!!
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#25 Jan 24, 2013
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>well once again you people don't get it !!! It is NOT THE DISTRICT IT IS THE STATE THAT HAS CUT FUNDING WAKE UP !!!!
The state gets its funds from the taxpayer in case you didnt know and I, as a taxpayer, am so tired of seeing my taxes wasted on impossible causes like trying to educate someone in Cahokia
Duh

Belleville, IL

#26 Jan 24, 2013
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>The state gets its funds from the taxpayer in case you didnt know and I, as a taxpayer, am so tired of seeing my taxes wasted on impossible causes like trying to educate someone in Cahokia
well Brian it's obvious that were educated at CHS!!! I say no more !!!!
Wes

Alton, IL

#27 Jan 24, 2013
I thought Quinn was going to fire all superintendents.
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#28 Jan 24, 2013
Merge Cahokia, Dupo and East St Louis districts. They just provide low educational football players for the parents to go watch.
Edgecated fool like Brian

Belleville, IL

#29 Jan 24, 2013
My three kids are grown. I would not send my dog to the public schools in Cahokia. Waterloo has a good private school. I think Columbia has a good Catholic School. I know the one in Waterloo is good. Gibault is the name of it.
Cahokia Native

United States

#30 Jan 30, 2013
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>The state gets its funds from the taxpayer in case you didnt know and I, as a taxpayer, am so tired of seeing my taxes wasted on impossible causes like trying to educate someone in Cahokia
Well dammit LEAVE trust me you will not be missed with all of your STUPIDITY !!!!!
TtT

United States

#31 Jan 30, 2013
The key word is private , meaning not free so that rules many out
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#32 Jan 30, 2013
A good school in Cahokia was Holy Family. You can thank the welchers and losers in Cahokia for not paying the tuition to keep it alive.
Cahokia trash
What Up

Saint Louis, MO

#33 Jan 30, 2013
Why not blame Art Ryan you jack asses blamed Dr. Manning. Close Cahokia School of choice, I will be at the School Board Meeting with other parents I say close it. CSC is taking a big bite out of the budget and it should have been closed a long time ago.
SAVE CSOC

Florissant, MO

#34 Jan 31, 2013
NOOOOO! Please keep School of Choice open!! I refuse to send my child to that POS Main high school building. It is falling apart and no child should be forced to go there. CSOC is the only decent school in the whole town, why close the only good thing Cahokia has going for it??? SAVE CSOC!!!!
Mom of 4

Garden City, MI

#35 Jan 31, 2013
Every one is acting like CSOC is better and it's not! None of the schools are because of how the kids in Cahokia are raised! I pulled my kids out of CSOC 2 years ago and they now attend a private school in Missouri! Best decision I ever made! Now if I could sell my house it would be wonderful!
Cornwell

United States

#36 Jan 31, 2013
It's a gone its already a done deal !!!
Jessica

Edwardsville, IL

#37 Jan 31, 2013
SAVE CSOC wrote:
NOOOOO! Please keep School of Choice open!! I refuse to send my child to that POS Main high school building. It is falling apart and no child should be forced to go there. CSOC is the only decent school in the whole town, why close the only good thing Cahokia has going for it??? SAVE CSOC!!!!
I agree - my son goes there and there is no other choice as far as I'm concerned. I'm happy with the school and he's doing great there...
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#38 Jan 31, 2013
Yes keep the school open because after all, taxpayers pay for it. Nothing is too good for one of the little angels when someone else is footing the bil
Jessica

Edwardsville, IL

#39 Jan 31, 2013
Brian wrote:
Yes keep the school open because after all, taxpayers pay for it. Nothing is too good for one of the little angels when someone else is footing the bil
Brian, you're always so negative and such a mean person - I really wish you'd stop. Not everyone in Cahokia is bad, or on welfare, or trash (this is what I think you feel about us)...

Public schools have always been paid for by taxpayers, so no one is freeloading... I am a taxpayer too, you know...

My sons went to Holy Family up until the school closed, as did I in my young elementary years. At the time the school closed, there was no other option than to put my last one (all the rest are grown) into the public school system, as I could not afford the huge tuition of at least $6000/yr at St. James in Millstadt or Immaculate Conception in Columbia. Therefore I got him into the School of Choice.

Now, I do work both a full-time and part-time job, and my husband works full time as well. We do own our home in Cahokia and are very proud of it.

I do not want to see School of Choice close, because for me personally, it is the only option I have outside of sending him to other cities for a private education. I would if I could, but realistically it's not an option. I don't want to have to make that choice.

I would be willing to pay a tuition if that's what it took though. The school has been good to me, and he's doing very well. The kids there are well-behaved and courteous and I feel the principal and staff do an outstanding job. Parents are kept informed all the time.

So Brian (if that's what your real name is), find somewhere else to vent. Obviously you don't like Cahokia, you have not a single decent thing to say about any of us - so I don't understand why you bother. I've said this to you before and I'll say it again - go away.

And once again, I post my real name... because I'm proud to be who I am and proud to live where I live. Yes, it's not Beverly Hills, but it's home to me - and alot of people like me.

To everyone else - have a great day!
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#40 Jan 31, 2013
Jessica wrote:
<quoted text>
Brian, you're always so negative and such a mean person - I really wish you'd stop. Not everyone in Cahokia is bad, or on welfare, or trash (this is what I think you feel about us)...
Public schools have always been paid for by taxpayers, so no one is freeloading... I am a taxpayer too, you know...
My sons went to Holy Family up until the school closed, as did I in my young elementary years. At the time the school closed, there was no other option than to put my last one (all the rest are grown) into the public school system, as I could not afford the huge tuition of at least $6000/yr at St. James in Millstadt or Immaculate Conception in Columbia. Therefore I got him into the School of Choice.
Now, I do work both a full-time and part-time job, and my husband works full time as well. We do own our home in Cahokia and are very proud of it.
I do not want to see School of Choice close, because for me personally, it is the only option I have outside of sending him to other cities for a private education. I would if I could, but realistically it's not an option. I don't want to have to make that choice.
I would be willing to pay a tuition if that's what it took though. The school has been good to me, and he's doing very well. The kids there are well-behaved and courteous and I feel the principal and staff do an outstanding job. Parents are kept informed all the time.
So Brian (if that's what your real name is), find somewhere else to vent. Obviously you don't like Cahokia, you have not a single decent thing to say about any of us - so I don't understand why you bother. I've said this to you before and I'll say it again - go away.
And once again, I post my real name... because I'm proud to be who I am and proud to live where I live. Yes, it's not Beverly Hills, but it's home to me - and alot of people like me.
To everyone else - have a great day!
Well perhaps if the so called well heeled financially astute people of Cahokia would have paid their fair share instead of freeloading Holy Family would still be open.
As for the taxpayers paying yes they have. Today though the sky is the limit for the services demanded by parents when the bill is footed by someone else. My guess is you pay no where near the amount of funding dumped upon your little angels.
None the less I fault you for not keeping Holy Family open...you people had a good thing going and thanks to your selfishness you lost it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
unmarked cars are taking pictures on the 4000 b... (Dec '16) 1 hr Mousey 22
new adult bookstore in brooklyn (Dec '11) 4 hr Jeffj 58
Drugs in granite 5 hr Sweetcarolina 10
Nicest cars in granite? 6 hr Co Jac 3 10
Amazon rejects Metro area 6 hr Rollo 8
Better Facebook group? 7 hr Curiosity 3
*Keep a word - - Drop a word* (Aug '10) 9 hr So_da_lish_us 3,524

East St. Louis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance