First Prev
of 6
Next Last
very unhappy

United States

#1 Nov 27, 2007
Whats with the Christmas boxes in the store? I was in the Save A lot three times this week and noticed there were Christmas boxes with the names of the checkers sitting on the counters,They want you to donate money for thier personal use,Can you believe that? I dont mind helping the Salvation Army Bell Ringers,but this is not right,begging money for thier personal use. HUM-BUG Scrooge. Get rid of the personal boxes.

Since: Sep 07

East Saint Louis, IL

#2 Nov 27, 2007
dont they belong to a union?

Since: Sep 07

East Saint Louis, IL

#3 Nov 27, 2007
sorry,....thought it said shop n save
yal

United States

#4 Nov 27, 2007
opinionated in cahokia wrote:
sorry,....thought it said shop n save
AKA.. Moran's
Just wondering

United States

#5 Nov 27, 2007
They sell outdated meat,And when the freezer goes off the milk is bad,they dont like it if you take it back.. ESD needs to show up more often.
CAHOKIA

Belleville, IL

#6 Nov 27, 2007
i use to work there and i will have to tell you that they have been doing that for years. maybe if some of you complaine to the owner (whos name is Brain Nobbe) then he might put a stop to it. thoes boxes don't go to any fund and is for their personal use.
Just wondering

United States

#7 Nov 27, 2007
Thats not fair,Think they would let me add a decorated box? Also, Do you think Schnucks would do that? NO! Wonder if they pay taxes on the few bucks they might get? Where is this Brian? This is what gives Cahokia a "trashy"name.. Thanks.. This needs to STOP.
CAHOKIA

United States

#8 Nov 27, 2007
brian should be at the store during the day time if you want to contact him. the cashiers make pretty good money with those boxes. i remember when i was there some of them would make about 70 buck a week. they beg everyone that comes in their line and the is pretty much how they get the money. it does need to stop though. but it has been going on for about 4 yrs that i know of.
tired of the crap myself

Waterloo, IL

#9 Nov 27, 2007
Yeah they make about 7 or 8 an hour some more if they have been there long enough from What my Sister in law says cause she use to work there too. The money is not bad but they try to get donations so they can buy Christmas for there families(I believe)What a bunch of crap I think.

The owner could give them a bonus and use it as a tax write off. What a way to run a business.
Just wondering

United States

#10 Nov 27, 2007
tired of the crap myself wrote:
Yeah they make about 7 or 8 an hour some more if they have been there long enough from What my Sister in law says cause she use to work there too. The money is not bad but they try to get donations so they can buy Christmas for there families(I believe)What a bunch of crap I think.
The owner could give them a bonus and use it as a tax write off. What a way to run a business.
As I said,Thats what makes Cahokia seem so trashy,Cashiers begging for change,just like the beggers on parking lots.."Hey buddy,gotta dime"?
tired of the crap myself

Waterloo, IL

#11 Nov 27, 2007
I know it pisses you off don't it. Even the Salvation Army doesn't use the money to really help people in need only a part of it goes to the people and who knows where the rest goes probably someones pocket (My guess is)
Just wondering

United States

#12 Nov 27, 2007
I know it pisses you off don't it. Even the Salvation Army doesn't use the money to really help people in need only a part of it goes to the people and who knows where the rest goes probably someones pocket (My guess is)
I'm sure it does. Ever notice the outdated food items in that store? And the nasty meat dept? I am going to ask "Whats the deal" in the morning.
tired of the crap myself

Waterloo, IL

#13 Nov 27, 2007
Just wondering wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sure it does. Ever notice the outdated food items in that store? And the nasty meat dept? I am going to ask "Whats the deal" in the morning.
Yeah, They buy all the food up from the other local stores when they pull it from there store shelves right before it's outdated and put it on theirs either that or it's been there for an eternity already I refuse to shop there anymore and the cashiers all have some sort of attitude maybe because of the way (nobbe) does treat them who knows for sure but it does suck over there and I won't go back to shop there. The Nobbe's owned this store here in Dupo to and all of a sudden they just closed the store down and left out of Dupo now they are in Columbia at the old IGA building on main street. Everyone thinks they are low on there prices but I think they are higher on something than Schnuck's or Shop n Save are. Something happened here in Dupo with this store cause you don't just pick up clean yourself out and move on to another place. Now the older people here in town that can't travel have No place to shop not that it was that great a place to begin with but the older people liked it, it was easy to get to for them and at one time they use to deliver to the older folks.
tired of the crap myself

Waterloo, IL

#14 Nov 27, 2007
I guess he can't afford the extra help to pull the outdated stuff off the shelves. (Yeah right)
tired of the crap myself

Waterloo, IL

#15 Nov 27, 2007
Sorry about all the posts but yeah I have seen the meat they have there and it looks horrid not like what you see at the bigger stores in town the way it's packaged MAN it turns you off from ever wanting to eat meat again.
CAHOKIA

United States

#16 Nov 28, 2007
the store in dupo closed down because they needed to have it fixed and i think that brian didn't have the money to fix it or that he thought that it was not worth the money to have it fixed. but the store here in cahokia... they do not get paid that good. i was there for 3 yrs and only got a 50cent raise there once. and even if you work there for a long time brian does not pay any of the cashiers more than $8. and some of the employees are older and think that they will not be able to find anyother job.
Cindy

United States

#17 Nov 28, 2007
CAHOKIA wrote:
the store in dupo closed down because they needed to have it fixed and i think that brian didn't have the money to fix it or that he thought that it was not worth the money to have it fixed. but the store here in cahokia... they do not get paid that good. i was there for 3 yrs and only got a 50cent raise there once. and even if you work there for a long time brian does not pay any of the cashiers more than $8. and some of the employees are older and think that they will not be able to find anyother job.
Ohhhhh.. Well that might explain it,But they still shouldn't put thier personal boxes out for donations. Its refered as the cheap store,more ways than one I guess.
Dusty Rose

United States

#18 Nov 28, 2007
Sorry about all the posts but yeah I have seen the meat they have there and it looks horrid not like what you see at the bigger stores in town the way it's packaged MAN it turns you off from ever wanting to eat meat again.
There is a package of chicken feet, what the hel@ would you do with chicken feet? Scratch your back? Stroll down through the meat section and see all the crazy looking animal parts.YUCK! Ever used the bathroom and looked at where the meat was processed?Dont!
CAHOKIA

United States

#19 Nov 28, 2007
the back where they have everything is very gross. i remember when i worked there they were trying to thaw some rabbit out and just left the cart of meat in the back and not in the cooler!!! then the next day there was a puddle of blood on the floor and it didn't get cleaned up for a couple hours. that place is a very gross place to work in and shop in. and i think that the only reason why they are still open is because brian is probably friends with a health inspector and just pays him off.
OOOO My

AOL

#20 Nov 28, 2007
Dusty Rose wrote:
<quoted text> There is a package of chicken feet, what the hel@ would you do with chicken feet? Scratch your back? Stroll down through the meat section and see all the crazy looking animal parts.YUCK! Ever used the bathroom and looked at where the meat was processed?Dont!
People do eat that crap, back in the depression my pop told me about stuff they would eat that today we throw away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
playing both sides of the fence 26 min mahz 5
*Keep a word - - Drop a word* (Aug '10) 33 min Cathy 3,320
Funny!! Word association game. (Oct '15) 39 min Cathy 356
New Cars...They all are junk (Jan '13) 1 hr mike and the mech... 24
$15 an Hour? No Way 1 hr Tnt 13
Jeff Hassle 1 hr know the facts 30
Kidless mothers-instead of kidless fathers 2 hr She a DNB 3

East St. Louis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance