new bar at 203 fatty pattys
Raffe

United States

#22 Mar 2, 2013
Long dong daddy wrote:
<quoted text>fact. Location location location. Fact,overhead. It cost alot of money to operate a restaurant/bar let alone the lease is really high. That's a lot of "fatty paddy $1 burgers" even with a drink. Fact. Everybody talks about how great Mac n mics was but where are they now? Where are all the other people and buisness at? There is a reason nothing has worked an selling $1 cheeseburger won't change that. So like I said, give it time it won't last.
@ Long Dong Daddy

I agree with everything your saying there and I don't think your typical neighborhood bar&grill could survive in that location... More than likely, its the reason most have failed. But, if there is any concept that would prompt people to drive an extra mile down the road, this is it. People love a good deal and if he can make work, then it is certainly better than an empty building.
exactly

Union City, GA

#23 Mar 2, 2013
Raffe wrote:
<quoted text>
@lasttimemethere247
It is apparent that you are ignorant to the facts surrounding this establishment. The person who opened Fatty Patty's was my former boss at Gateway Auto Auction here in Granite and never had any affialliation to Whiskey Jake's. So before you call me a fool, get your facts straight.
I also have a good friend that is part of this venture and he didnt have diddly squat to do with whiskey jakes. Lasttimemethere247 apparently is an attention &#8361;hr.
exactly

Union City, GA

#24 Mar 2, 2013
Whre*
Idk what happen there lol
HACK PATOOEY

Granite City, IL

#25 Mar 2, 2013
Ah, just ignore "Long Dong Daddy" over there ..he's a well-known retard on this board.
Long dong daddy

Granite City, IL

#26 Mar 2, 2013
HACK PATOOEY wrote:
Ah, just ignore "Long Dong Daddy" over there ..he's a well-known retard on this board.
hack patooey? Now that sounds like a retard trying to make up something funny
lasttimethere247

Granite City, IL

#27 Mar 2, 2013
I didn't say you were a fool. I happen to know thepeople who OWN the building and per conversation with them, the same people opening and operating Fatty Pattys also opened and operated Whiskey Jakes. So I do have my facts straight and am by no mean ignorant.
Raffe

United States

#28 Mar 2, 2013
lasttimethere247 wrote:
I didn't say you were a fool. I happen to know thepeople who OWN the building and per conversation with them, the same people opening and operating Fatty Pattys also opened and operated Whiskey Jakes. So I do have my facts straight and am by no mean ignorant.
@ lasttimemethere247

You claim to be "in the know" on this deal, maybe you should stop by and meet the people yourselves and then tell us your story again.

By looking at your username, One would assume that the last time you were there 24/7.. Does that mean you owned one of the numerous failed establishments that have been located there?
lasttimethere247

Granite City, IL

#29 Mar 2, 2013
Raffe wrote:
<quoted text>
@ lasttimemethere247
You claim to be "in the know" on this deal, maybe you should stop by and meet the people yourselves and then tell us your story again.
By looking at your username, One would assume that the last time you were there 24/7.. Does that mean you owned one of the numerous failed establishments that have been located there?
I dont have to go there and meet the people running the business. As I stated I know the people who OWN THE BUILDING! Im quite sure they know who is operating a business there past and present. I have no "story" to tell. My user name doesnt mean anything. No I have never owned a business in that location or any other location in this town or any other. As a matter of fact I hold a college degree that affords me a rather comfortable living in the medical field.
And in the know yeah I believe I am.
iBinPharteen

Belleville, IL

#31 Mar 3, 2013
That place would be better served as a all night diner with Internet/Wi-Fi access honestly.

Just off the main highway from siu-e, an all night diner actually in granite instead of fast food places.
Customer

Garden City, MI

#32 Mar 3, 2013
Went there Friday night during the soft opening. They were packed and very busy as they weren't expecting the crowd that showed. The 2 lady's waitressing were very friendly and checked on you often which was nice. We ordered food and was told it was going to be a wait. It took a little over an hour because of the amount of orders they had.(We were also some of the last few who came in) the food was delicious! Steak house onion rings, hot wings were great, Philly cheese & double cheeseburger were just as good. Hand parties not frozen burgers. Hope they make it would love to go back again soon. I also forgot to mention that when I went to check on our food one of the managers actually gave us our $ back for the wait. I of course invested it into some drinks but it was nice to see someone acknowledge an issue and make an effort yo resolve it. Good luck Fatty Patty's!:-)

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#33 Mar 3, 2013
The bar and grill business is risky for anyone. Hope they succeed and give GC a decent place to eat. The problem w/ most food establishments is the inconsistency of the food. Nobody likes to eat and the food be good and then go next time and the food be not so good. Or worse, go the first time and never go back. It is vital for all cooks to prep the food in the same manner. The food needs to be consistently good and have at least 1 fantastic tasting item (best seller) on the menu.

I'm sure the owner(s) are grateful for this free advertisement and I wish them the best of luck.
lasttimethere247

Granite City, IL

#34 Mar 3, 2013
Glad to hear the food was good. Tired of the same old same old here in town and would prefer to keep my spending here in town. I like the idea someone else mentioned of an all night diner with free wi-fi. That close to 270 might make it more successful. Cleaning up the area around the lake next to the place wouldnt hurt either.
jojo

Edwardsville, IL

#35 Mar 3, 2013
lasttimethere247 wrote:
I didn't say you were a fool. I happen to know thepeople who OWN the building and per conversation with them, the same people opening and operating Fatty Pattys also opened and operated Whiskey Jakes. So I do have my facts straight and am by no mean ignorant.
If the people who owned the building would put a little money into it, like fixing the plumbing and the roof, maybe whoever invested their money into a business there might have a chance.

That building has been swimming in sewer water more times than I can to think about.

They act like that building is a gold mine, it needs a lot of work.
dionfan

Saint Louis, MO

#36 Mar 4, 2013
Raffe, its not who is running it, it's who owns it!!! And it is the same owners of Whiskey Jakes!!! So maybe you need to get your facts straight!!!!!
Queenie Meanie

Belleville, IL

#37 Mar 4, 2013
Customer wrote:
Went there Friday night during the soft opening. They were packed and very busy as they weren't expecting the crowd that showed. The 2 lady's waitressing were very friendly and checked on you often which was nice. We ordered food and was told it was going to be a wait. It took a little over an hour because of the amount of orders they had.(We were also some of the last few who came in) the food was delicious! Steak house onion rings, hot wings were great, Philly cheese & double cheeseburger were just as good. Hand parties not frozen burgers. Hope they make it would love to go back again soon. I also forgot to mention that when I went to check on our food one of the managers actually gave us our $ back for the wait. I of course invested it into some drinks but it was nice to see someone acknowledge an issue and make an effort yo resolve it. Good luck Fatty Patty's!:-)
Based on your review, I'm definitely going there sometime this week. Sounds delish!
alex

United States

#38 Mar 4, 2013
Just ate there for lunch and the Burger was huge and very good...the staff was really nice to. And no where in there I read anything about a drink minimum I'm sure there just happy for the business. Try it before u knock it. That's what's wrong with this site. Can't wait to go back!
stop hating

United States

#39 Mar 4, 2013
There are some idiots on this site food was great,prices were reasonable and bar was clean along with the staff being very friendly. Good luck
Hungry

Saint Louis, MO

#40 Mar 4, 2013
I will try it, glad to see new comers in town. I wish it was still Charlies. I would like a big ole Pepperloin. Why wont it make it? Isnt this the same premise as Fast Eddies?
Long dong daddy

Granite City, IL

#41 Mar 4, 2013
$2.75 a beer?
sunshine

Edwardsville, IL

#42 Mar 5, 2013
Who at Gateway Auto Auction?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*Keep a word - - Drop a word* (Aug '10) 10 min So_da_lish_us 3,531
Amazon rejects Metro area 16 min Left GC Years Ago 24
concrete 39 min Lofugginl 2
Cheating 6 hr Banjobaby 1
herryan murphy (Jun '16) 7 hr Ashley 27
Nicest cars in granite? 15 hr Politically Incor... 17
Bullying claims exagerated 16 hr Mahz 63

East St. Louis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

East St. Louis Mortgages