GrowUp

Granite City, IL

#24 Jan 30, 2013
friend wrote:
I was one that was served and I am 16 thank you very much. My parents were also served. So unless this is not over the samething then sorry
Then we probably know each other. I know your not J.C. so which of the other two are you? And if you are who you say facebook me a pm,,,,,, this thing has blown up and a dozen more people have got summons to show up.

the white power ranger

“Try my Troll House cookies!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#25 Jan 30, 2013
LOL!!!

you all are funny and entertaining..

for starters...

here is how this would work IF it were to actually transpire...

i am amazed mray has not popped in and explained this to you kids...

you get butthurt and emo over a post...you report it..
topix either takes action or they dont...

you can bypass this and call the police...so then you do..the police either laugh and leave or they contact topix and the states attorney depending on what the shift commander tells them...

now is where things behind the curtain happen...

topix and the police begin talks and then "IF" it is a CRIMINAL matter per illinois statute...the IP that is on the specific posts are documented in black and white and given to the police department...

the butthurt person never sees any of this...there is no name..just a number...

now pay attention because this ishow this really works...

the police then look over everything yet again..then they approach the states attorney again..if the states attorney feels there is enough to go further, then they take the case and represent law enforcement, not the emo...

if they decide there is not enough evidence that follows the letter of the cyber bully law..then they drop it and laugh...

now if they deem it worthy of going further with...the states attorney petitions the criminal court NOT THE CIVIL COURT and then they subpoena the provider of the internet services to the person making the negative comments...

then the internet service provider (if one can be found) has their legal department look over the documents so they know exactly what they can and cannot send...after all the internet provider does not want sanctioned by the court for not cooperating and they do not want a class action for breaching confidentiality laws...

now all of this takes time..

once the information is released...it will be the person that the internet account is billed to that will be held responsible and named in a legal matter...

after weeks if not months...the butthurt emo will get a notice telling you to show up in court as a witness..

now in this one..it was said a civil case with the states attorney...that does not happen..

now if it were an attorney in a civil case..that does happen...but the time involved takes months if not years...and is less likely to gain sail...

so..this is BS,....
Jam

Granite City, IL

#26 Jan 30, 2013
Hey, wpr are you a attorney?

“AccountKiller”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#27 Jan 30, 2013
Just didn't have it in me do to the amount of "Stupid" in this one. LOL

yes, TWPR is correct on this. Sorry folks.

the white power ranger

“Try my Troll House cookies!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#28 Jan 30, 2013
Jam wrote:
Hey, wpr are you a attorney?
i am a jew! quit hating on me!!!
curious

United States

#29 Jan 30, 2013
Is it possible for these twinkies to file a small claims complaint for libel? If the names are posted, then do they need the IP address? The plaintiff would have to prove the libel by the defendant but they have a right to file suit.

And, small claims complaints usually have an appearance date issued with the summons.

I'm with you on this being BS but people are of the mindset that they can file a suit against someone because their socks don't match (sarcasm).

the white power ranger

“Try my Troll House cookies!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#30 Jan 30, 2013
it simply does not work that way...
GrowUp

Granite City, IL

#31 Jan 30, 2013
What you morons fail to understand,, this started with threats through text and fb messages. No IP needed dumbass,,, those are easy proveddd DUH! Thisfight took place last summer and it ended up on here too. But the legal part is the text threats. Yes they are in some trouble. Yes they did and need to get a lawyer. Yes they do have a court date in march and YEs alot of people mostly teenagers and their parents are involved and will at the very least have to talk to someone to give a advida. You all think you know so much ad truthfuly you know nothing. So unless you got yourself involved in this crap between last summer and november you really dont have a clue. BUT hey thanks for acting like you do!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#33 Jan 30, 2013
Wow twpr you are a walking information center. Thanks for the cyber lesson.
Long dong daddy

Chesapeake, OH

#34 Jan 31, 2013
Jam wrote:
Hey, wpr are you a attorney?
no he's not an attorney he's just a guy who went to California, kissed a little ass and now he can do what he wants and say whatever even he wants because they have a "understanding". Get your story straight jam
GrowUp

Granite City, IL

#35 Jan 31, 2013
Last post from me because you twpr can not grasp the thread. First off,, im not involved except that it is my gf little brother and two of his friends are in trouble. They fb and text some other people plus parents got involved. We as the adults in this household told her little brother and his friends to stop the bickering with these people. We thought it was stupid and we saw it was escalding. Now they are facing some shit! We will stand by them and hope they can walk away clean and learn something. We are friends/family of the young adults that are being charged,,, so yeah moran I was there when the mail came. as far as grammer,, whatever I dont have time to proof or spell check this type of posting. SO TO THE REST OF YOU ,, DO NOT TEXT OR FACEBOOK ANY THREATS. THOSE ARE THE CHARGES. THE OVER SPILL ON HERE IS PART OF THE OTHER PEOPLES PROOF THAT THIS WAS A ONGOING CYBER BULLYING.

the white power ranger

“Try my Troll House cookies!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#36 Jan 31, 2013
GrowUp wrote:
Last post from me because you twpr can not grasp the thread. First off,, im not involved except that it is my gf little brother and two of his friends are in trouble. They fb and text some other people plus parents got involved. We as the adults in this household told her little brother and his friends to stop the bickering with these people. We thought it was stupid and we saw it was escalding. Now they are facing some shit! We will stand by them and hope they can walk away clean and learn something. We are friends/family of the young adults that are being charged,,, so yeah moran I was there when the mail came. as far as grammer,, whatever I dont have time to proof or spell check this type of posting. SO TO THE REST OF YOU ,, DO NOT TEXT OR FACEBOOK ANY THREATS. THOSE ARE THE CHARGES. THE OVER SPILL ON HERE IS PART OF THE OTHER PEOPLES PROOF THAT THIS WAS A ONGOING CYBER BULLYING.
dont go away mad...just go away...

the white power ranger

“Try my Troll House cookies!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#37 Jan 31, 2013
Long dong daddy wrote:
<quoted text>no he's not an attorney he's just a guy who went to California, kissed a little ass and now he can do what he wants and say whatever even he wants because they have a "understanding". Get your story straight jam
i bet you wish that you had the spending abilities that i do to travel freely...keep your butt in school and get a good job and then you may be as great as i am...perhaps i may slip your mum a twenty next time i see her (for a grammar lesson for you of course)
curious

United States

#38 Jan 31, 2013
So, what you are saying is the "charges" are not related to Topix but to Facebook and texting?

If that is the case, what exactly are the charges? Since you are so connected maybe you can give a case number. This will be interesting case to follow.
curious

United States

#39 Jan 31, 2013
I understand it should not be as simple as filing a small claims case but if the alleged "bullied" party wants less than $10,000 in damages can they file a small claim?(I realize this is supposedly a criminal matter).
I'm curious and interested in the answer and am in no way related to any of this crap.

My thought is that if someone wants fast cash and has verifiable evidence then why not give it a shot. With so many frivolous cases getting filed, I could see this happening. The judge can force it to another division if deemed necessary.

You can check the court docket for March 13 cases on the Madison County page.
Jam

Granite City, IL

#40 Jan 31, 2013
Can't we all just get along...
GrowUp

Granite City, IL

#42 Jan 31, 2013
Your half right Power Ranger. There were also many threats made through fb and that is cyber bullying. The family is trying to resolve this with an apology but the grown man that is upset wont hear of it. He wants it heard in front of a judge. The kids did lose their cell phones,,, we are not sure why the police took them. They already had print outs of the threats from the family that called the police to begin with. You seem to know so much?? Why would the confiscate the kids and their parents phones? The laptop and I pad we undeerstand, why they took those but it doesnt make sence to take the cell,s.

the white power ranger

“Try my Troll House cookies!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#43 Jan 31, 2013
i thought you said that you were done here..

you are asking intelligent questions though..and i love to chit chat and show boat my unintelligence..

so..

here we go...

the confiscated electrical devices are evidence...

it is plain and simple...

now getting a print out is not good enough..why? i for one have the skills to make a piece of paper look like any legit document including a convo from a message box or site...

an attorney can get such evidence dismissed due to that reason..

when law enforcement pursues charges, they do not want to waste court time, monies, or police time..if they do it does not look good and then you have a venue that has the respect as brooklyn does..

so..the police take the electronic devices and send them off (where i am not going to say but most of the time it is to ISP)...

each electronic device has a unique number that i refer to as the MAC address...some other geeks call it by other names...

this number cannot be changed unlike an IP address..

whoever the internet bill is named to..they are the first in line for charges...the TOS with the service provider says that the billed is responsible for anything that the service is used for...

the service provider does log what devices use the service..so the police already know what to look for...

they can also tell what browser and which update configurations are on the device..

all of this helps as identifying evidence to show that a specific device was used and the "it could have been any computer" excuse is out..

like a finger print at a crime scene...each fragment that i mentioned help assemble a proverbial fingerprint...

sort of like ballistics on a firearm...

there are tons of guns that are the same make and model..but only the folks that get paid for a living can narrow a suspect firearm down to a single weapon from millions with one bullet...

at minimum in the scenario..the person that is named on the internet account/bill will be responsible if the evidence supports that the LAN was used in the matter...

and fb loves law enforcement..you would be amazed at what they will give over that makes the computer forensic labs job way easier and time efficient...

“AccountKiller”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#44 Jan 31, 2013
GrowUp wrote:
Your half right Power Ranger. There were also many threats made through fb and that is cyber bullying. The family is trying to resolve this with an apology but the grown man that is upset wont hear of it. He wants it heard in front of a judge. The kids did lose their cell phones,,, we are not sure why the police took them. They already had print outs of the threats from the family that called the police to begin with. You seem to know so much?? Why would the confiscate the kids and their parents phones? The laptop and I pad we undeerstand, why they took those but it doesnt make sence to take the cell,s.
If any txt threats came from any of the cells then they are evidence. Just printouts wont work.

If you were stabbed then a pic of a knife you were stabbed with is useless. They would need the knife as evidence.

“AccountKiller”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#45 Jan 31, 2013
For a more advanced answer.

A cell phone has a fingerprint like we do except it is call a MEID HEX number. Every cell has it. They need the physical cell phone to verify the HEX number against the info they already have or will get from the Cell company.

This is where the problems come in because the info is linked back to the cell phone owner, not the person who may have sent the txt from that phone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Toys for Tots and other grants.. 6 hr Rich 15
News Charges filed against Granite City man accused ... 8 hr Warden Grinch 23
Where is mahz 13 hr Dee lay knee 22
The Behavioral Display of Bullies 14 hr ohemgee 9
Looking For Needy Family To Sponsor For Christmas (Oct '12) 17 hr Stevo 141
Notorious TabloiDuo Angel-jacK Howser-CivilRigh... 20 hr Rollo 2
FLAMER don 20 hr Tim 3

East St. Louis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

East St. Louis Mortgages