honest abe

United States

#1 Apr 19, 2013
I went to Lee's pawn and jewelry today in search of a nice but cheap sander. As I was waiting in line a young black female was in front of me trying to sell a blue Dell mini-notebook computer. After several employees looked at it they informed her that they could not buy it from her because the serial numbers that are located on the bottom of the computer were intentionally scratched off. So, does this mean that this computer has probably been stolen? And if so, I thought that the pawn shop would have called the police? Was just wondering how pawn shops work.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#2 Apr 20, 2013
honest abe wrote:
I went to Lee's pawn and jewelry today in search of a nice but cheap sander. As I was waiting in line a young black female was in front of me trying to sell a blue Dell mini-notebook computer. After several employees looked at it they informed her that they could not buy it from her because the serial numbers that are located on the bottom of the computer were intentionally scratched off. So, does this mean that this computer has probably been stolen? And if so, I thought that the pawn shop would have called the police? Was just wondering how pawn shops work.
Good question. I would think so.

“AccountKiller”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#3 Apr 20, 2013
The laws are different in every city for pawn shops.

As far as reporting something like removed serial numbers(possible stolen item) it is up to the store. The most that would happen would be a report. By the time police got there the person would be gone because the shop can not hold you or your item until they get there.
buttmuncher

Denver, CO

#4 Apr 20, 2013
I would think the shops would lose business by calling the cops, same thing with scrap yards, nothing but thiefs go to them places. They make livings from thieves.

the white power ranger

“Try my Troll House cookies!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#6 Apr 24, 2013
WHAT KIND OF SANDER WERE YOU WANTING?
honest abe

United States

#7 Apr 24, 2013
the white power ranger wrote:
WHAT KIND OF SANDER WERE YOU WANTING?
I bought a cheap one for $20.00 that day, but I'm always refinishing furniture so I'm looking to get a really good one that does a good job. The one i was using is a mouse by Black and Decker and it does not do the job for big projects.

the white power ranger

“Try my Troll House cookies!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#8 Apr 25, 2013
sanding sponges for detail work and a belt sander for larger areas...so i have been told...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix 21 min Unit731 5
Granite City High School Teachers 31 min WHITETRAILERTRASH... 97
GC MLFS over 40 36 min Unit731 19
McDonalds on Johnson Rd 1 hr Jamie 33
Someone help! 1 hr Native Speaker 34
Shivan Castro employee at don chencho 2 hr Mahz 6
Someone from the 2400 block of Dewey in west Gr... 2 hr Foofoo 17

East St. Louis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance