don't work for home guard exteriors

don't work for home guard exteriors

Posted in the East St. Louis Forum

bill

United States

#1 Mar 22, 2013
don't work for home guard exteriors.they pay the least of any roofing company ever.I recieved less than 4 percent of contract price.all other companies pay over 7 percent.they say you will get 30 to 50 percent of profit but that comes out to less than 4 percent of contract price after their inflated labor @ materials figures and their ripoff 10 percent overhead deduction example go them a 14300 dollar job was paid 520 dollars which is 3.6 percent and it was a self generated sale.work anywhere else their owner jim vagle is a storm chasing thief.you have been warned.
getarealjob

Granite City, IL

#2 Mar 22, 2013
Why are you going on and on about it? Let it be. Leave these people alone. They are doing a good job in this town. They are friendly nice men. Who cares what they may or may not have done in the past. You are a salesman I assume. You don't do anything but go to someone's house and get them work. Big deal. Why should you be paid so much? So it took you a 1/2 hr to talk someone into having their roof replaced that needed it. Real tough job. Minimum wage is what I'd pay you.
Frank

Granite City, IL

#3 Mar 22, 2013
getrealjob I agree salesman deserve minimum wage, but lowlife company like this lied and inflated pricing for greed. That shows the commitment they have to only MONEY! Bill did his job and received lies by someone who did far less than he did to get job.
Any roofing company that doesn't have a 105. license # is company too stupid to pass real roofing exam.
Says they have quality craftsmen, that means they use employees correct?
Flat rate for salesman is 10% total of job or 20% profit, that's flat rate not adjusted for GREEDY UNETHICAL OWNERS!!!!
getarealjob

Granite City, IL

#4 Mar 22, 2013
Then he should own his own business. Not rely on someone else. Have a contract and take them to small claims court if contract is not met. I've learned in my job, most business owners that are successful are part con man. I know mine is. Thats the way it is. They aren't in business to make anyone money but themselves. Thats reality. You make a mistake and learn from it not bitch about it for years afterwards. Unless you are an obsessed psycho.
bill

United States

#5 Mar 22, 2013
to wrote it took half hour to get job you are an idiot and you would pay me minimum wage the jim vagle doesnt pay you anything unless a roof goes on.the hardest part is finding the job you idiot.and then he lies to you and pays less than any roofing in the country only 3.6 percent of total job when every other roofing company pays at least 7 percent of total job.2 other jobs i got for him he never paid me back end money on.but you think thats okay to rip off people that get him jobs.what is wrong with you to defend stormchasing thiefs.
hmmmmm

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Mar 23, 2013
all you are doing is pissing people off and giving him some free advertisement in a round about way. you are pretty much stepping on your [email protected]%K right now!
current employee

Mount Vernon, MO

#7 Mar 23, 2013
Im not sure what you did to receive such little pay, but im doing basically the same job and getting way more than 4%. You must have been a moron. Ive never had any problems with them myself...
roofersaresexy

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Mar 23, 2013
I've heard all about these Vagel men. They are sooo sexy. All my older lady friends and I have used their services. Very satisfactory. lol
bill

United States

#9 Mar 23, 2013
current employee you are the moron.i received less than 4 percent because they are storm chasing thieves you idiot.they live at a rentall at 525 tennesee ave 62040 and had their office there also and take a 10 percent of contract price for overhead when the 3 of them pay a few hundred to live in rentall.they are a stormchasing thief company out of chicago you idiot.they moved here in june of 2011 and did not do their first roof till late august and that was the house across the street.home guard exteriors is a small suck roofing company that needs to be run out of granite city and back to chicago.
bill

Granite City, IL

#10 Mar 23, 2013
I am a raging homo and none of these men took me up on any of my sexual favors. Now I feel like an inadequate man. Recently I have been dressing in drag and driving by their homes and business hoping they will give me some attention. Blahblahblah. Waa Waa.

“AccountKiller”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#11 Mar 23, 2013
getarealjob wrote:
Then he should own his own business. Not rely on someone else. Have a contract and take them to small claims court if contract is not met. I've learned in my job, most business owners that are successful are part con man. I know mine is. Thats the way it is. They aren't in business to make anyone money but themselves. Thats reality. You make a mistake and learn from it not bitch about it for years afterwards. Unless you are an obsessed psycho.
WOW! "most business owners that are successful are part con man"

If you work for a "con man" and know it then you are a fool or in an illegal business.

You have no clue about what a successful business is or what it takes to make/run one.
your right

Granite City, IL

#12 Mar 23, 2013
I work for a 65 yr old business. Totally legal. Yes I am a fool. I work for a slave driving tyrant. He buys products at the lowest cost he can find. We perform a service with these items for customers. Then said product and services are doubled tripled even quadrupled in cost and sold. Very successful business and profitable. I am assuming that's how most business owners do it. If they want to get ahead in this world anyway. I wouldn't want the responsibility.
Fed Up

Granite City, IL

#13 Apr 20, 2013
Terrible company!!! Check out the article about them in the ripoff report http://www.ripoffreport.com/roofing-companies...
Roofer-wife

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Apr 22, 2013
Dude, you went door to door asking and conning old folks and dummies to replace roofs that didnt need replacing and your mad because YOU didnt get your cut? STFU- You make the gypsies look legit.
Anyone need asphalt?
Roofers-Ex

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Apr 24, 2013
All roofers are drunks,junkies and dropouts. There all flunkies that couldnt accomplish nothing better in life, The owners are ex drunks,junkies and dropouts that take avantage of the only thing they know. nothing more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Leave Dirk Alone or Else 1 hr mahz 121
pam barr (Oct '13) 1 hr mahz 53
onashay 5 hr Michelle 10
Michael reyes, Jay Pinero? 5 hr Family of Tony 12
hustler club (Jul '09) 7 hr tinaxxx 37
Sherri porter 10 hr OMG 8
Blaine Payne 10 hr Lee 6

East St. Louis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance