Police raid St. Clair County stores a...

Police raid St. Clair County stores accused of selling synthetic drugs

There are 46 comments on the Belleville News Democrat story from Apr 10, 2012, titled Police raid St. Clair County stores accused of selling synthetic drugs. In it, Belleville News Democrat reports that:

Thirteen businesses in St. Clair County were targeting Tuesday morning as part of an effort to get synthetic drugs off the shelves of Illinois retailers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Belleville News Democrat.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Teresa Thevary

Columbia, MO

#54 Oct 27, 2012
My name is Teresa, and I am James' daughter. I just want you to know that the hateful things you are saying about my father on this forum have made me cry. My dad is NOT a terrorist or a Muslim and he does NOT have a picture of bin Laden on his desktop. He is a Catholic, an American citizen, a family man, and a business man. I can accept that you may not like the way he does business, and I myself wish he never sold any synthetic drugs or bath salts in the first place. But please, do not say such mean and hurtful things like this. Almost every day he shows up to the gas station and he stays there for quite a chunk of the day. He cashes checks for so many people and we hardly make any profit from the place. I guess that is why my dad resorted to selling such awful products... Because we are just trying to do what everyone else is: survive in this economy. I am not condoning his behavior or his choice and you don't have to like his character (believe me, I've lived with him my whole life and we've had our disagreements), but please, have some respect for his family. I am up at this horrible hour because my family is going through turmoil and i couldn't sleep and I stumbled upon this.... Thank you for making a 22 year old woman cry. If you have anything to say to me, reply to this post here or email me [email protected] I am sorry for my father's actions but please stop spewing these lies and accusations on the Internet. Respectfully, Teresa Thevary
Becky Thevary

Ballwin, MO

#55 Oct 27, 2012
I probably don't have to tell you this, but I am James Thevary's second daughter. The things you have said about my father are disgusting and boorish. How dare you judge him by his skin tone? What kind of backwards, horrible childhoods have you had where you have to bitterly insult him like this? Allow me to clear a few things up:

1. My dad is not a Muslim. Of course, there's nothing wrong with being Muslim, but I doubt there's much use to telling you that, you're more comfortable pushing people different than you down, like this is some sort of playground. Well, it isn't. You're all adults now, stop being so petty. I digress. My dad is a Catholic. We go to Church every Sunday, and we read the Bible and say a family prayer every evening. This week, I will make sure to pray for you all. I forgive you for saying this. But I will not forget.

2. My dad is absolutely not a terrorist!(Really original, by the way - he's brown, he must be a terrorist! I weep for you closed-minded people, I really do). He probably had a picture of Bin Laden up because, uh, HE WAS READING THE NEWS, maybe? My father reads the news a lot, so he can have a decent conversation with someone about current events, instead of spitting vitriol like it seems you all like to do.

3. He's a perv?! Did you actually say that?! Did I read that right? Oh my God, you vile, loathsome excuse for a human being - James T. Thevary is not, and never was, a pervert. He has been married to my mom for 25 spectacular years, and he's never looked at another woman the way he looks at her. How the hell can you say that? How? He loves his family more than anything in this world. I don't even know what to say... I'm speechless. He treats his employees like they are his friends. He's patient, and helps them through their mistakes. You honestly made me cry by saying that about him. He doesn't deserve any of this hate.

4. He should be shut down? No. No, he absolutely should not be. He made a mistake, alright? From what I gather, he pulled the material as soon as authorities told him to. What more do you want from him? I, too, wish he hadn't sold them, but he was just trying to bring people to the station, which is obviously the whole point of a business. He went about it in the wrong way, but you are neither his judge nor his jury. He was just trying to stay afloat, just like everyone else. That being said, he loves that store, in spite of what foul things some of his customers are saying behind his back. He goes there every single day, even staying open on holidays because he knows someone might have forgotten a little something for Thanksgiving or Christmas and they have nowhere else to go to get it. Did you know he hasn't seen his family - his own mother and siblings - in over a decade because of this store? He cashes checks, he makes several bank runs... he talks to people, and sincerely listens and asks them how they're doing if they look down in the dumps. And if someone can't pay, and they really need some item or another, he will let them take it, out of the goodness of his heart. That's the kind of man James Thevary is. You don't see beyond what he looks like, the color of his skin. You don't see his tremendous heart like I do.

To my father: If you are reading this, just know that your family loves you more than words can even express. Pay no attention to the nay-sayers in this forum. We love you, and we will support you every step of the way.

Love,
Becky
How come

Columbia, IL

#57 Oct 28, 2012
How come ZX is still open if they arrested the owner
Smoker

United States

#58 Oct 29, 2012
Hey I don't know your fad but I was arrested on July 26 in for the same thing. The people talking smack about your dad probley condone drinking alcohol wich harms more people than synthetics ever did. Mabe your dad should max out his credit cards not pay his creditors and take a second mortgage, then close his business and live off the money. He could get food stamps then too. And all these shit talkers could foot the tax bills. He probley won't because he has to much honor. Keep your head up pops.
truth

Tulsa, OK

#59 Nov 5, 2012
u'r dad new what he was doing was wrong and still did it . no different than selling crack on a corner hope they throw the book at him .all he is is a low life dealer
stop hatin

Waterloo, IL

#60 Nov 9, 2012
is zx still selling incense?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
registered sex offender and facebook (Apr '12) 39 min Robertedison49 15
Tabetha riggs 49 min Dani 24
Body of Granite City soldier returns home 1 hr Rainman 5
chuckie stevenson (Mar '15) 1 hr Lol 39
Patty mcds (Sep '13) 2 hr junk 11
Used auto parts 2 hr mom 2
Breanna Bogard 2 hr TAM MOM 15

East St. Louis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance