mike

Collinsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2011

I was thinking tonight about the old Falling Springs Tavern and I thought it would be interesting to see how many people had good memories of the place.
Also would like to know a little more of the history there.
Bigjerry1979

Collinsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2011

Judged:

Worked there for about 5 years, miss that place alot.... tons of great people, lots of good memories there.
justnobody

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2011

went there a number of times. partied with friends, went to a benefit ham shoot, went once to the annual blessing of the bikes, and one time went and had good conversation with a friend outside by the waterfall. It was like any other bar had good times and bad, but I liked it.
mike

Collinsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2011

Bigjerry1979 wrote:
Worked there for about 5 years, miss that place alot.... tons of great people, lots of good memories there.
Hey Jerry, how you been. You worked on my computer once and I remember your mom working at Falling Springs.
That was a very unique place to go and I miss it. Whether you drink or not there was always something going on there!!!
Gator

Columbia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2011

Thats where i met my best friend when i didnt know anyone when i moved here! I miss him so damn much. Every time i walk by there on my walks. I think of all the fun times we all had there and all the bbq's,partys,poker runs....
mike

Collinsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2011

Gator wrote:
Thats where i met my best friend when i didnt know anyone when i moved here! I miss him so damn much. Every time i walk by there on my walks. I think of all the fun times we all had there and all the bbq's,partys,poker runs....
He used to tend bar there didn't he?
Gator

Columbia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2011

mike wrote:
<quoted text>
He used to tend bar there didn't he?
Yes he did at that!!
Krissy

Columbia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2011

my dad would take me there as a kid..only in daytimes though..lol...chased ducks, tried getting too close to the waterfall before being told to get back..lol..very sad I can't take my grandbabies to the waterfall now.
Bigjerry1979

Collinsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2011

Judged:

mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Jerry, how you been. You worked on my computer once and I remember your mom working at Falling Springs.
That was a very unique place to go and I miss it. Whether you drink or not there was always something going on there!!!
Mike from millstadt? I been good man how have u been?
jailbird

Fairview Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2011

Judged:

i hate to say this Big Jerry but you sound like a homo grieving over a cellmate
beautiful falls

Columbia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

I live on LePere Ct.(in the mobile home park)I wish they hadnt cosed the falls off,I would love to beable to walk up to the falls like old times.
A kid

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

We uses to walk the bluffs and find arrow heads and old liquor bottles to trade the owner for bait to go fishing as I got older would play pool with my sister and get free drinks all night it was great times only had problems once their !!
me too

Fairview Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

A kid wrote:
We uses to walk the bluffs and find arrow heads and old liquor bottles to trade the owner for bait to go fishing as I got older would play pool with my sister and get free drinks all night it was great times only had problems once their !!
Yeah, that was nice there and all the events were cool too.
They had many nice things for families at Christmas time, Easter and of course all the event's throughout the year.
It was a very unique place and you didn't have to drink to enjoy yourself.
Brian

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Like all things good te Dupo trash gets them closed. If they were open today it would be full of crackheads and future welfare mothers making their welfare babies.
poor brian

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

The 100 yr lease expired. The building couldn't pass inspection. You are as stupid as ever troll brian.
Veritas

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Brian wrote:
Like all things good te Dupo trash gets them closed. If they were open today it would be full of crackheads and future welfare mothers making their welfare babies.
There were a number of family friendly events held at Falling Springs over the years. Fishing rodeos, the Rendezvous, etc. But in its last years there were too many biker events which brought problems to the surrounding neighborhood. I'm sad it's gone, but in it's struggle to stay afloat they lost their direction.
Brian

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Veritas wrote:
<quoted text>
There were a number of family friendly events held at Falling Springs over the years. Fishing rodeos, the Rendezvous, etc. But in its last years there were too many biker events which brought problems to the surrounding neighborhood. I'm sad it's gone, but in it's struggle to stay afloat they lost their direction.
Yep that too...and yes especially that.
I remember years ago seeing an Illinois road map once that had a photo of falling springs on it
Bikers, welfare mothers and crack heads are not mutually exclusive groupings
poor brian

Glen Carbon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

They closed it because of the homosexuals like brian.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

My wife use to get laid every time she went drinking there. I wondered why she never needed money when she went out drinking. she came home walking funny and never happy to see me.
Mascoutah woman

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

I hate children!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent East St. Louis Discussions

Search the East St. Louis Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Thieves 9 min NotShy 7
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 32 min truth 48,865
Useless Neighbors 35 min Concerned citizen 16
Regina Carlile or Eldon Hubble 45 min rjc1955 4
Washington Park hires Marion as new public safe... 49 min robert riggins 1
Car break ins 1 hr Concerned citizen 26
Make money in Cahokia 3 hr I agree 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

East St. Louis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000