San Gabriel Valley prostitution alive...

San Gabriel Valley prostitution alive and well

Posted in the East San Gabriel Forum

Cath

United States

#1 Dec 15, 2007
I was driving one day and found a dress on a mannequin store display that caught my attention on Valley Blvd in Alhambra, so my friend and I pulled over to take a look. For some odd reason, the store was closed, and I got the lady's attention inside the store (some woman who was recovering from a nose job) and she told me the store is by appointment only(WTF? I thought...) My friend asked her for a card and the lady gave it to me through the crack of the door without opening it. My friend and I thought it was really odd, like it was too high class for us, but then again, I've been to brand name stores like Louis Vuitton and Prada, or any other stores on Rodeo Drive, and you do NOT need an appt to get in. Anyway, my friend later convinced me it's a prostitution ring b/c how would a clothing store be in business by "appointment only?" I then read Asian prostitution is alive and well in Southern CA, and do not always come in the form of "massage parlors" anymore. You would think they'd be Vietnamese, but the majority are Chinese immigrants. I was pissed they didn't let me try on the dress, but now I know it's b/c they're running an illegal business spreading STDs, possibly HIV and avoiding the IRS. I'm a young Asian woman still in my 20's and was always taught that we come to America to live an American dream (not an Asian fantasy to American men). To do this, we have to go to school and be successful and pay back to society. I could've been a stripper or even a prostitute, but I'm here as a registered nurse serving (in non-sexual ways) the men and women who have served our country b/c if it weren't for them, my family and I wouldn't be here in America.
Mike

Culver City, CA

#2 Dec 16, 2007
Good for you. Where there's a want/need, there's a market. If there were no demand or need, those "businesses" wouldnt be there. Hint hint.
Wet Dog

Riverside, CA

#3 Dec 17, 2007
Being a stripper takes a nice body... and being 20 something helps. Tell us more...!
Louis Vuitton

United States

#4 Dec 25, 2007
Cath wrote:
Anyway, my friend later convinced me it's a prostitution ring b/c how would a clothing store be in business by "appointment only?"
You and your friend are so really stupid...DUMB AND DUMBER.

I've been to that store and thats because I BOTHERED to call them and make an appointment to see their goods. They have many very expensive purses and stuff there and they have a fear of being robbed. All you had to do was make an appointment and they would have let you in. Instead you choose to make stupid assumptions that it's a prostitution ring, because they didnt let you in?
Cathy

United States

#5 Dec 27, 2007
I'm sorry...are we talking about the same store? Considering I didn't even mention the name of the store? And you say I make assumptions???
Cathy

United States

#6 Dec 27, 2007
And by the way...there were not even any brand name items there... At least none that we're familiar with in the United States or Europe.
Suspicious

Glendale, CA

#7 Dec 29, 2007
Of course it's a clothing store....by the time you get your appointment that is :)It sounds dumber-er to not be suspicious. If there's no one else in the store but the owner, why would you still need to make an appointment if it's not busy? They must want to do a background check on their customers. Just sounds pretty fishy to me. It's Alhambra (really close to east LA), not Beverly Hills. I'd turn my store back to selling shoes, too, if a customer thought I was selling 'em and I were really running an illegal ring.
Wet Dog

United States

#8 Jan 2, 2008
Alhambra is close to East LA. HAHAHA! Yeah... Beverly Hills is close to Inglewood... always up to no good! That means nothing.

And to the original poster (CATHY), seriously... just get on with your life. Why the rant? Drug Dealing is "alive and well" in your town, too. As with Gangs, Blackmarket Contraband, etc.

You saw a dress, they won;t let you try in on, just say F-K it and go to your "Rodeo Drive" and get your dresses.

You turned this situation into some rant about Viets and Immigrants and college education and Interacial Dating, Tax Evasion... seriously chick, you got some deep seeded issues and you needed someone to lend you an ear and give you a hug!
Pissed of Mexicano

United States

#9 Jun 14, 2008
Cathy, you are one racist pig by bringing up East LA where my homies live. Not to mention how materialistic you are. The brand names you've mentioned are for morons who needs other people's name on their items so they can feel good about themselves. It doesn't make you any better or richer than anyone else. Go back to shopping in Gang Land of Whittier. Maybe those loco boyz can teach ya something.
Mike

Pasadena, CA

#10 Jan 17, 2009
Hi Cathy:

Would you like to have a cup of coffee or tea sometime?
White Boy in the SGV

Baldwin Park, CA

#12 Jan 18, 2010
SGV Chinese Prostitution is happening all over the SGV. There are apartment complexes in Rowland Heights where it's become routine. Most of it caters to Asian men only. That's how they are keeping it under the radar of the police.
Spelling Bee

North Hollywood, CA

#14 Aug 11, 2010
@Pissed of Mexicano
Isn't it suppose to be "Pissed off Mexicano"?
or "Piss of Mexicano"?

Go back to school!
Spelling Bee

North Hollywood, CA

#15 Aug 11, 2010
@Pissed of Mexicano
2nd, Cathy didn't even bring up East LA. It was Suspicious and Wet Dog. Either way, there is nothing racist about bringing up East LA. So when you go back to school, ask specifically for spelling and reading comprehension. Basic level.
SUCKME

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Nov 20, 2010
Cathy, sounds like u might have the features to be a stripper/hoe maybe. I have to see your goods to determine that. Good luck on studying to be a RN. If that doesn't go well, be a stripper/hoe as a back up job. Guys always needs a good hand job and inserts into pink snatches for satisfaction anyday of the week.
Popo

Manteca, CA

#19 Nov 24, 2016
Even if this is a prostitution ring most of the women are victims of human/sex trafficking... Don't forget those exist too. Not everyone have a choice but luckily you did and you made some respectful choices (by your own standards).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East San Gabriel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How should an angry liberal celebrate the Fourt... 8 min spud 519
history of gangs in west covina (Dec '07) 5 hr Homothug 2,809
JCS admits scamming Mtb 6 hr settlement??? 11
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr You Phartz 33,409
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) 22 hr Lynn 4,551
Police officer D N A data bank (Oct '12) 23 hr TbeCatontheRoof 14
News Sweep targets local gang (Nov '08) Sat secret Asian man 125

East San Gabriel Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

East San Gabriel Mortgages