KFI newcomer Carroll needs to do his ...

KFI newcomer Carroll needs to do his homework

There are 65 comments on the Pasadena Star-News story from Feb 28, 2010, titled KFI newcomer Carroll needs to do his homework. In it, Pasadena Star-News reports that:

Bill Carroll made his "unanticipated" KFI debut last Monday, replacing Bill Handel in the noon to 2p.m. shift.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pasadena Star-News.

Ed Solis

Long Beach, CA

#23 Feb 14, 2011
Carroll is doing a fine job. Anyone who isn't a pitiful left wing lunatic is needed and valuable in what remains of California.
Jesse

Kailua Kona, HI

#24 Feb 25, 2011
I can't wait until Carroll's contract is over. I'd love to be inside Bertolucci's brain when she picks these boring people. Honestly, he's among the worst and I'll tune back in when he's gone.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#25 Mar 11, 2011
Please send this phony back where he came from.

He has no clue nor is qualified to talk about what is going in our city or county like he is a credible source.

I have not liked him since he started, now this is an extra hour of boredom to the KFI lineup.
Huh

Pasadena, CA

#27 Mar 12, 2011
Bill Carroll sucks crank wrote:
Holy Cow! Bill Carroll has to be the biggest a.ssshole on KFI and AM radio overall. He talks a pile of schitt which spill out both sides of his mouth.
Is this fkkker even an American?? Carroll needs to fkk off and take his dumbazz back to the shytt-hole he came from.
Are you serious? Carroll is gay?
Chris

Encinitas, CA

#28 Mar 16, 2011
As everyone before has stated, Carroll is uninformed about the topic he is discussing. It is obvious, Carroll's prep work for his daily show is to go on the internet, google Yahoo, read the three paragraph articles on the events of the day, where in his own delusional mind, he is an expert on the topic.
He comes to the United States, not knowing squat about the laws of the land and thinks he is an expert on Constitutional Law. The programming manager at KFI should be fired for putting uneducated blow hards like Carroll on the radio.
I personally am very conservative, but I cannot tolerate Carroll's diatribes. Carroll rarely takes any telephone calls from listeners. If he does take any calls, it is in the last five minutes of the show, where usually only one caller is allowed to share there opinion and if their opinion differs from Carroll's, then Carroll lambastes the caller as having some sort of mental disorder.
Today, Carroll had noted Geologist, Jim Berkland on his show. Throughout the show, Carroll tried to marginalize Berkland's viewpoints. At one instance, when Berkland was laying out his parameters or factors he uses to predict earthquakes, Berkland mentioned the phenomena of how pets(dogs,cats,etc.) go missing prior to an earthquake event. Carroll interrupted Berkland, interjecting a comment that the "pet theory" was wacky or "out there". Anybody who has ever researched the topics concerning earthquake predictions knows that the "missing pet" factor is a proven fact.
Even though Jim Berkland has been proven correct on 75% of his earthquake predictions, Carroll acted as though Berkland was some type of self-serving charlatan. In spite of the fact that Berkland uses scientific data, tide table, lunar orbits and other parameters to predict earthquakes, Carroll tried to play-off Berkland's predictions as though Berkland used "channeling" to come to his conclusions.
Carroll closed with his comment that he does not give Berkland's predictions any credence. Carroll stated that the plates off of the continental shelf are stable. I did not know Carroll was a geologist too. Let's see, Carroll not only is a U.S. Constitutional Law expert, he is also a geologist, meteorologist, immunology(vaccines)expert and an expert on any subject he happens to read about on Yahoo. What a brain this guy has, over morning coffee, by reading the main news topics on Yahoo, Carroll is able to discern all the various positions of a controversial subject, where Carroll is at the end, always right in his one minute analysis of his subject.
Additionally, remember when Carroll first came to KFI, remember how many times Carroll bemoaned being a father, how he related that parenthood was more drudgery than enjoyment. Lately Carroll has been changing his tune slightly. But you know what, Carroll must really hate being a father, because on the worse day I have had with my children, I never thought of it as drudgery.
travel

Redondo Beach, CA

#29 Mar 16, 2011
I am guessing that something is going wrong with him and/or KFI. His father passed away on Thursday (I truly am so sorry to hear that) and he went for a one-day pass to see him. The celebraton of life was held a few days later. He said himself that he could not go because he had taken too many days off already. What does that say about his management's perception of him? I know if it were my dad, I would be there in a minute and forget work. If he were a truly valued member of the cast, I am sure they would have allowed this and maybe asked him to make up the time filling in for others (having said that, I don't know how radio works).

In any event, please get off the air and have someone else who is interesting and knows what he is talking about take his place. Doug McIntyre? Are there so few American talk show hosts available that we have to bring in a Canadian that is totally clueless?

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#30 Mar 25, 2011
Att Robin Bertucci
Program Director at KFI

Please get this CHARLATAN of the air.

It's obvious that he does not believe his convictions..just pay him and he will talk anyway you want.

The picture you have of him on your website must be 15 yrs old at least.
Killer

Salt Lake City, UT

#31 Apr 6, 2011
Carrol's show would be a better show if it was just boring. Bill has too big an ego, and seems to think that he needs to relate all stories to his personal life. He isl,k of course, and expert on any and every topic. Oh, and did you know, his wife is a babe?(He never fails to mention that 10 times per show)

Personally, he has not proved himself yet to be important or relevant, so I could care less HIS take on anything. Tries to come off as an expert and then proves himself an idiot when he starts talking.

BEST PART OF ANY BILL CARROL SHOW is when Bill states his opinion of something, then the expert on the phone tells him he is all wrong. Morning show the other day when Bill was filling in for Handel, Carrol was all over his high horse, spewing stupid views.... then Hoffmann came on and told him the real facts and make Carrol look like a total idiot.
John

Altadena, CA

#32 Apr 12, 2011
Killer wrote:
Oh, and did you know, his wife is a babe?(He never fails to mention that 10 times per show)
...ever see her... Holy Mother of God.. WHAT A DOG!
BobD

Salt Lake City, UT

#33 Apr 14, 2011
I have to agree- Bill Carroll sucks at KFI. I heard him when he first started, and he was horrendous. I gave up for a while, but started listen again recently- some of the Japan stuff, and some of the Dodgers beatings. He had a great guest on, a Scottish man who really knew a lot about the nuclear industry and the accident. The contrast to Bill was so great- you could tell Bill was reading cue cards and searching Google to try and sound intelligent next to the guy.... Other than that, his show was just a rehash of news I had already heard.
Bill tried real hard to be relevant on the Dodgers beatings, but again showed himself to just be some wannnabe. He pushed himself into the story one day at the hospital and somehow thought that made him an expert. Trust me, you are still an idiot bill. What really grates is how, by his own admission, one day he was a big hockey fan and would never go to a base ball game... and then all of a sudden he portrayed himself as a life-long Dodger fan so bent out of shape by the whole ordeal. Sort of like how he likes to portray himself like a native of LA, up onb all the topics and such.
Bill is so fake and see through, he is unlistenable. Bill Carrol sucks. What kind of ratings does the Bill Carrol show have- I bet they are pretty low. Hope his contract is up soon and he goes away...
Joe Nelson

Long Beach, CA

#34 Apr 14, 2011
Carroll is a really good guy. He reminds me of the days when Californian's had some pride and dignity. Before Democratic voters lost their collective minds, elected racist Villagairosa and the alien invasion decimated our City and our kids future hopes and dreams.
travel

Redondo Beach, CA

#35 Apr 14, 2011
I am sure he is a nice guy. Just too boring and uninformed about Los Angeles and the US in general.

These days it looks like he is staking his fame on the relationship he has formed with the Stowe famly(Brian Stow was the Giants fan beatten by the so-called Dodgers fans.)

Glad he is taking an interest, but this is virtually the basis of his whole show.

I keep listening because there is nothing else on at the time. Wish they would put Tim Conway or just about anyone else on during these hours.
radio gal

Ventura, CA

#36 Apr 23, 2011
I hate Bill Carroll on KFI. He's a pompous, right-wing ass from Canada who bashes our American government. GO BACK TO CANADA, YOU IDIOT!

I also hate news anchor Chris Land on KFI. She came from a station in Sacramento, and her style is like a game show host. She also editorializes, throwing her opinions into her newscasts. When she recently reported on a bar abusing goldfish by tossing the fish out of water, Chris literally said, "Well, goldfish die," as if making goldfish suffer out of water is acceptable.
radio gal

Ventura, CA

#37 Apr 23, 2011
Bill Carroll sucks crank wrote:
Holy Cow! Bill Carroll has to be the biggest a.ssshole on KFI and AM radio overall. He talks a pile of schitt which spill out both sides of his mouth.
Is this fkkker even an American?? Carroll needs to fkk off and take his dumbazz back to the shytt-hole he came from.
I AGREE! I HATE BILL CARROLL AND HATE HIS NEWS SIDEKICK CHRIS LANE. I ALSO CAN'T STAND NEWS DIRECTOR CHRIS LITTLE.
I WORKED AT KFI YEARS AGO WHEN TOM LEYKIS WAS THERE. NOW IT SUCKS!
Ed Solis

Lakewood, CA

#38 Apr 23, 2011
Bill, don't be too concerned with those hurling hate speak and venom at you. Most are cruel, ill bred Calif. variety of Democrats who don't want the truth revealed about what the Unions and the Illegals have done to the once proud and prosperous State of California.
Caring Parents appreciate the truth. Sperm and egg donors like your detractors on this thread not so much.
Jeremy

United States

#39 May 9, 2011
Bill your owsome keep it up bro
Trudy

Torrance, CA

#40 May 10, 2011
Ed Solis wrote:
Bill, don't be too concerned with those hurling hate speak and venom at you. Most are cruel, ill bred Calif. variety of Democrats who don't want the truth revealed about what the Unions and the Illegals have done to the once proud and prosperous State of California.
Caring Parents appreciate the truth. Sperm and egg donors like your detractors on this thread not so much.
Hmmm... Its interesting to know that Bill has at least one kweer-o in Long Beach named Ed who'll eat his load 24/7.
Carroll is the worst on-air "personality" on KFI and the station knows it... they're just waiting for his contract to run out then its out the door for him. Hopefully back to Canada or maybe even a closed garage with the car running and 640 playing on the radio.
travel

Redondo Beach, CA

#41 May 10, 2011
To Jermey above: He is definitely "owsome." It hurts to listen to his commentaries - OW!.

Now if he were awesome, I would listen to him.
Ed Solis

Santa Fe Springs, CA

#42 May 10, 2011
Kids from one of the worst schools in the pathetic LAUSD skipped school today at the bequest of the Teachers Union and marched on City Hall. Seems that parents and citizens in LA are too cowardly to expect any sort of decent behavior from Illegals and their spawn.

Once again, the Union makes fools and chumps of us all.
Patsy

San Dimas, CA

#43 May 11, 2011
I am regretting tuning in to Bill Carroll today - again. I've only be able to listen a small bit before I must turn off the radio or change stations.
Not only do I find Bill Carroll un-insightful, but he promotes features on the show that, keeps teasing and teasing, then when he finally gets to the item that I was interested hearing about I am terribly disappointed. There is no useful information. It is covered in the most superficial way. I don't like his perspective, his opinion, or his analysis. He is not interesting, informative, or entertaining. His views are baseless and vapid. I am annoyed as the ads promoting his show are not at all reflected in the garbage he's broadcasting.
While some of us regrettably tune in because it's not convenient to change the station our annoyance makes us unreceptive to advertisers. Is the KFI promotion department trying to get rid of Bill. It would seem so because there has been not one word about the show being promoted today. And I'm tuning out now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East San Gabriel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
So Art Thinks he Owns Our City Streets! 5 hr No more 4
Woman arrested in Whittier Massage Parlor prost... (Jan '10) 6 hr Oliver Jcat 63
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Chosen Traveler 35,927
Delgado STOP sending so many Flyers Enough!! 12 hr Enough 3
Shame on you Vanessa Delgado so many lies! 12 hr No more 48
FYI we are All MATCH 90640 17 hr tic toc 10
Get Vivian Romero out of MONTEBELLO!!!!! Sun No more 44

East San Gabriel Jobs

Personal Finance

East San Gabriel Mortgages