Cahokia Illinois Police Department

Cahokia Illinois Police Department

Posted in the East St. Louis Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Newsome

United States

#1 Jan 19, 2009
How stupid can police get. So here is what happened... I parked under the bridge where I-255 and Camp Jackson intersect and turned off my car. I was waiting for my girlfriend to round the corner and I was going to jump out and suprise her. While waiting, I honked at a couple people, just for kicks and giggles. Next thing I know, I see a Cahokia police officer speeding towards me on the opposite side of the road. I decided to leave because I hate cops so I didn't want to see where this was going. As I was approaching my street, the cop had reached my tail and was now following me. I turned down my street and he turned on his lights. I pulled over three houses down from mine and sat there. The cop looks over my car and then asks me why I was parked there. I told him and he didn't like that too much I guess. To make a long story short, after the whole squad showed up to arrest the kid with the horn on his car, I find out that I am being arrested for BREACH OF PEACE. What kind of bullcrap is that. I honked my friggin horn and I get arrested for it. What about when these dumb mother effers do 70 mph down Camp Jackson because they think they are above the law. Anyway, like I said, when I pulled over, I was three houses down from mine, so my grandmother could have easily walked out in the street, made a right, took 20 steps, and pulled my car into the driveway. Instead, these morons have my car towed, costing me $240 to get out, not to mention having to pay $75 to post bond and whatever court costs will be, for a grand total of <$315. Now let me remind you why I was arrested, just so you don't think you read it wrong... I BEEPED MY HORN for a split second at someone I didn't know. Oh yeah, not to mention it was FOUR IN THE AFTERNOON. And I had a valid license, current proof of insurance, and proof of ownership. Can anyone tell me what friggin idiot, aside from the whole Cahokia police force, finds it fit to arrest someone for honking at someone driving down the street. Any comments are welcome. Thanks for reading.
dsunshine

Waterloo, IL

#2 Jan 20, 2009
The shame, not all cop's are smart. I'm guessing someone called the wonderful Cahokia police and made a complained. In this wonderful world we live in I guess you just don't know. I do think it is bullcrap, that they towed your car when your g'ma could of drove it home. Don't take this bullcrap from them, I would fight it. They arrested me for sitting in the passenger sit of my car,because I didn't have a license. Some cop's think they can do what they want. Good luck
FTW

Millstadt, IL

#3 Jan 20, 2009
You should have just pulled into your driveway, especialy if you knew you were going to be be stopped. Im sure your attitude had alot to do with your treatment. Stupid is as stupid does, I see you being an antagnostic idiot. It already cost $240.00 to get your car out of inpound. Keep going and see how much this can really cost you.
Scarecrow

Summerfield, IL

#4 Jan 20, 2009
.. maybe next time just try driving normal .. don't park under overpasses .. don't honk your horn unless needed .. and next time the cops are chasing you .. pull over and shut up ... cause someday a "cop" that you "hate" .. may save your sorry butt someday .. grow up and act responsible .. stop the hate ..
Newsome

United States

#5 Jan 20, 2009
I did cock an attitude, but only after he informed me that he was stopping me for honking my horn. That seemed down right ridiculous so I did get lippy, but I am by far stupid. The reason I did not just pull into my driveway is because I didn't realize they were going to give me this much crap. Anyway, I have talked to a couple of lawyers about suing the village and the tow yard, but they both say it would be a waste of time.
Good day

Chicago, IL

#6 Jan 21, 2009
Citizen call to 911:
"Cahokia Police, what is your emergency?"

"Some guy just pull over under the I-255 bridge at Camp Jackson Rd. and started honking at people driving by. I think he might have some kind of emergency."

"We'll send a patrol officer to check it out."

Dispatch to officers:
"We have report of possible motorist distress under the overpass at I-255 and Camp Jackson Rd. Nearest unit please respond."

"Unit so-and-so responding."

"10-4 Unit so-and-so."

"Dispatch be advised that the motorist pulled away from the scene at my approach. The vehicle tag is XXX-XXXX, please advise of ownership."

"Unit so-and-so be advised that vehcle tag is registered to Newsome at such and such address."

"Dispatch we are approaching that address at this point. Be advised that I am going to stop the vehicle and request clarification of any distress. Dispatch the vehicle is pulling over three doors away from reported address, be advised that I am leaving the Unit to speak with driver."

And, now Newsome gets upset with the cop.
Newsome

United States

#7 Jan 21, 2009
Nice.
FTW

Millstadt, IL

#8 Jan 29, 2009
Newsome wrote:
I did cock an attitude, but only after he informed me that he was stopping me for honking my horn. That seemed down right ridiculous so I did get lippy, but I am by far stupid. The reason I did not just pull into my driveway is because I didn't realize they were going to give me this much crap. Anyway, I have talked to a couple of lawyers about suing the village and the tow yard, but they both say it would be a waste of time.
Do you now get the point.
Just to let you know

Terre Haute, IN

#9 Jan 31, 2009
Your an idiot for playing games on the interstate and honking your horn. You deserved to be arrested.
cahokia boy

United States

#10 Feb 1, 2009
u was parked up on the wall under the bridge honking your horn people passing by they thought you had a reck the police dept got more than one call about it and the driver is 10.96 just to let you know
Newsome

United States

#11 Feb 4, 2009
cahokia boy wrote:
u was parked up on the wall under the bridge honking your horn people passing by they thought you had a reck the police dept got more than one call about it and the driver is 10.96 just to let you know
What are you talking about with 10.96?
Newsome

United States

#12 Feb 4, 2009
Just to let you know wrote:
Your an idiot for playing games on the interstate and honking your horn. You deserved to be arrested.
Why don't you suck it, aye?
Revision

Chicago, IL

#13 Feb 5, 2009
Newsome wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about with 10.96?
It's 10 code (you know, like "10-4 good buddy") for either a mental patient or detain prisoner/suspect.
wow

Gillespie, IL

#14 Mar 2, 2009
Ya i learned in drivers ed my freshman year that honking ur horn when not needed is elegel so next time u decide to put urself and other drivers in harms way by honking ur horn thank twice, by the way getting smart with cops is not smart because there in control so dont be stupid josh
Scarecrow

Summerfield, IL

#15 Mar 3, 2009
elegel, illegal, ill-eagle

there, their, they're

I think, I thank, I thunk
Scarecrow

Gillespie, IL

#16 Mar 3, 2009
blow me
Scarecr0w

Summerfield, IL

#17 Mar 4, 2009
they're their they're nauow .. I thank ur koment iz elegel .. doen't hillzborough skuelz teech yoo howe 2 schpell??
Common Sense

Chicago, IL

#18 Mar 20, 2009
First, I don't understand how you can say you "hate cops". You are saying you hate a group of people without probably knowing most of them. As a law enforcement officer myself that seems to be an ignorant statement. Not to mention police officers are responsible for enforcing laws and protecting citizen's life and property. Just because you disagree with how the law was enforced in your particular case does not warrant hating police officers. Yes, some cops are petty and do stupid stuff, but so do regularly civilians everyday in their jobs. The only difference is our mistakes are broadcast for everyone to see because we are constantly in the public eye. Lastly, you committed a violation of the Illinois Vehicle Code and you should have been issued a traffic citation and released. I disagree with your being arrested and your vehicle towed, but that was what the officer did in your case.
Newsome wrote:
How stupid can police get. So here is what happened... I parked under the bridge where I-255 and Camp Jackson intersect and turned off my car. I was waiting for my girlfriend to round the corner and I was going to jump out and suprise her. While waiting, I honked at a couple people, just for kicks and giggles. Next thing I know, I see a Cahokia police officer speeding towards me on the opposite side of the road. I decided to leave because I hate cops so I didn't want to see where this was going. As I was approaching my street, the cop had reached my tail and was now following me. I turned down my street and he turned on his lights. I pulled over three houses down from mine and sat there. The cop looks over my car and then asks me why I was parked there. I told him and he didn't like that too much I guess. To make a long story short, after the whole squad showed up to arrest the kid with the horn on his car, I find out that I am being arrested for BREACH OF PEACE. What kind of bullcrap is that. I honked my friggin horn and I get arrested for it. What about when these dumb mother effers do 70 mph down Camp Jackson because they think they are above the law. Anyway, like I said, when I pulled over, I was three houses down from mine, so my grandmother could have easily walked out in the street, made a right, took 20 steps, and pulled my car into the driveway. Instead, these morons have my car towed, costing me $240 to get out, not to mention having to pay $75 to post bond and whatever court costs will be, for a grand total of <$315. Now let me remind you why I was arrested, just so you don't think you read it wrong... I BEEPED MY HORN for a split second at someone I didn't know. Oh yeah, not to mention it was FOUR IN THE AFTERNOON. And I had a valid license, current proof of insurance, and proof of ownership. Can anyone tell me what friggin idiot, aside from the whole Cahokia police force, finds it fit to arrest someone for honking at someone driving down the street. Any comments are welcome. Thanks for reading.
Newsome

Belleville, IL

#19 Apr 26, 2009
Who the heck is wow?
karma

United States

#20 May 27, 2012
Cahokia..police arrested a man riding his bicycle..gave him four violations..took him to jail..he didn't hurt anyone or damage property or cause any problems..there are many other things going on in cahokia that need desperate attention put your focus drugs thugs and other things that is in dire need..your priorities are so wrong..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kmart closing 19 min Winston 1
dave lomax 55 min Foreal 15
Midcoast relocating 3 hr The real Mike Wil... 5
His hand 3 hr The real Mike Wil... 18
Brittany bess (Jul '14) 4 hr Jmc 17
Motorcycle accident by Belleville SWIC 5 hr Monya 10
Ride or Die 5 hr Big Mike 6

East St. Louis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

East St. Louis Mortgages