Claim Filed To Sue E. Rochester Cop

Jun 21, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: 13WHAM

The attorney for a teenager injured in a crash allegedly involving an off-duty police officer has filed a notice of claim to pursue a civil suit against the officer.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Ryan WELL-Dunn

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2011

Judged:

How can he sue the village of E.Roch?
The accident happened in Perinton/Fairport.
It didn't involve any village vehicles.
The cop was NOT on duty.
The village can't control where off-duty cops drink.

If I get hit by a drunk who works at Wegmans after he was out drinking with his produce manager and some other vegetable stockers, doesn't mean I can sue Wegmans.
Ryan WELL-Dunn

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2011

Well? no comments? or am I totally right
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2011

Judged:

actually, if you were smart enough to read up on the story before opening your mouth you would a) know that its his second time being involved in a dwi incident. the first of which the town covered up. b)officers were encouraging drinking by handing out drink tickets

also....Wegmans worker.... police sheriff. big difference. their JOB is to serve and protect. by allowing a fellow officer to drive home intoxicated and almost killing three kids and DEFINITELY injuring them physically and mentally.. is the exact opposite.

does that answer your question of whether you are right or not?
Sober Boredom

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2011

Judged:

Anybody can sue anyone, anytime for anything.

It's the new American dream!
Sober Boredom

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2011

Judged:

That, or to be black.

Boy how nice it would be to be black.

I'd have two Cadillac Escalades in the driveway, both with handicap tags. 22" rims. Fridge full of food and booze. Gold and diamonds all over. Weed 24/7. And checks rolling in non-stop all without going to work even for one day.:)

Now THAT's an American dream! And it's really out there....
Ryan WELL-Dunn

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2011

I re-read the article on the link and it doesnt say anything about drink tickets being handed out.

The cops were originally drinking at the Northside Inn in E.Roch - but that place is not owned by the village. The cop then decided to continue drinking on his own in Fairport at another bar, still not owned by the village.
We dont know what condition or BAC levels the cops had when they left the Northside Inn, nor how they left to get home. Walked, Designated driver, cab or friend/relative picked them up.

So let this be a lesson - firemen, dont go drink with any captains, battalion chiefs or commanders within the municipalities that you put fires out in, stick to your private exempt clubs.

Was Monachino's previous DWI accident in E.Roch or a different municipality? Was it reduced to impaired? How are you so certain the village covered it up? Sure it wasn't the Chief’s discretion οr thе discretion οf thе Civil Service Hearing Board? Sometimes smaller or rural departments will hire you or let you keep your job with a misdemenor. More unlikely in larger departments, like city, sherrif, trooper.

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/southern_tier/Ol...

“STOP PLAYING THE RACE CARD”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2011

Judged:

The attorney for the injured is going to name anyone and everyone in the notice of claim because there is a short window to do so in this type of accident. Just because the Village is named doesn't mean that they can be successfully sued, the attorney is just playing it safe.

More than likely the attorney will end up suing him personally and his insurance company. First the insurance company and if there enough money per his insurance policy then the attorney can go after his assets.
Anonymous

Groton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2011

catsuck

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2011

Judged:

Sober Boredom wrote:
That, or to be black.
Boy how nice it would be to be black.
I'd have two Cadillac Escalades in the driveway, both with handicap tags. 22" rims. Fridge full of food and booze. Gold and diamonds all over. Weed 24/7. And checks rolling in non-stop all without going to work even for one day.:)
Now THAT's an American dream! And it's really out there....
Actually, that would be a nightmare!!!!!!! It don't wash off!!
Ryan WELL-Dunn

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2011

Why not also sue former chief David Pugliese? Wasnt he in charge when Monachino was hired and still in charge when he got his first DWI and didn't fire him?

“STOP PLAYING THE RACE CARD”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2011

Judged:

It's a lawyers game, either way that kid is going to get some money and I am sure it is going to be a good chunk of change. It would be difficult for the attorney to prove what another officer knew or didn't know regarding ding dongs intoxication level. He can say what he wants but he will have to prove it. Doesn't matter, the kid is set for a very long time.
S Cordello

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2011

Paul was a good fine officer and protected his community.
He got a little carried away celebrating one of his bosses accomplishments.I'm sure he has a heavy heart for hurting these kids.
Eddie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2011

Didn't it end up the teens were drunk or high also?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent East Rochester Discussions

Search the East Rochester Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Nosy White Beach Calls 911 8 min Hamburglar 7
10 WHEC believes Geneva is "LOCAL" 1 hr RePigs friend 1
3 men stabbed near Blue Cross Arena 1 hr Rap is crap so is hiphop 2
13's Own Cody Combs to Celebrate his 15th Birth... 2 hr rochmetro 2
10whec runs story of white murderer of 6 and ha... 3 hr you never get it 3
It's Summer and blacks be a rapin 4 hr Hamburglar 1
White Race is Out of Control 4 hr Hamburglar 9
•••
•••