The Mia Foundation

May 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: RochesterHomepage.net

Mia died of complications from pneumonia last month. Her story sparked international buzz on social media.

Comments
1 - 20 of 52 Comments Last updated Dec 4, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Concerned Citizen

Hilton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2012

Judged:

What they don't tell you is that Mia lived most of her life with respiratory problems. The poor dog suffered everyday just to breath. I understand these people loved her and wanted to save her but they were selfish in the long run by letting her suffer. Instead of humanely euthanizing her at the end they took her home and let her basically suffocate from the pneumonia.
Eddie

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2012

Judged:

That is one ugly pooch
Jan

Troy, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

Judged:

Concerned citizen and Eddie, you are both way out of line and have no idea what you are talking about. Mia was not suffering as you would know if you took the time to get to know her. Her human mom and dad loved her dearly, as did thousands of people from all over the world. She was beautiful and had a better life in a year and a half than either of you probably will ever have. You are both pathetic...
The man

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

Judged:

All this for some runt-ugly dog. Sorry, I like dogs but this is kinda dumb, especially the goofy pink hat. Pitiful owners.
Gail Hutcherson

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

Judged:

Jan is so right!!! The rest of you know nothing!!! Mia was beautiful! Her Human parents are great loving people.
MARY LESLIE POSTON

Lancaster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

Judged:

Mia is a gift from god~~~~~~dog spelled backwards is GOD~~~~~~~~~~MIA SMILES~~~~~~~
Norma Gaddy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

Judged:

The man wrote:
All this for some runt-ugly dog. Sorry, I like dogs but this is kinda dumb, especially the goofy pink hat. Pitiful owners.
You are the "runt-ugly"one here .... and you have NO RIGHT to say the cruel things you said ... you don't know this family and the WONDERFUL WONDERFUL things they have done to help so many animals .... just don't say anything if you can't say something nice ... YOU ARE THR DUMB RUNT UGLY A** HERE, not Mia or Sue or Gary Rogers !!!!!!!!!!
Kelsey Melnyk

Spencerport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

Judged:

This dog was more than just an average dog youd be suprised how many people around the world cared dearly about her! So think before you type something untrue.

PS: This baby was beautiful and she always will be!!
Kelsey Melnyk

Spencerport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

Judged:

you dont have the right to say something like that. obviously this dog was important to many people if they all donated money to the foundation, so think again.
Crystal P

Oak Lawn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

Judged:

I think for "concerned citizen", "eddie" and "the man" ( who is probably lacking in manhood :), you are all scum. You know nothing about the story and are probably sitting your unemployed a$$e$ on the computer just looking for negativity. I say to you, GET A JOB! and next time try to do a little background work on a story before you start flapping your ignorant jaws! This dog did not suffer and she has helped more people in her short life than you ever will! And to "The Man" I believe when you use the term "runt ugly" you must be thinking of your pants and not this dog!
steve

Atlanta, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

Judged:

Quit feedin the trolls y'all. Their sole purpose is to be a boil on the butt of humanity
Don

Blountstown, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

Judged:

Wow. I just love how people are so mean in something they know nothing about. If you all know Mia and her mommy and daddy you would not say so cruel things. Mia brought so much laughter and love into my life. She is loved by thousands so is her mommy and daddy. Can you say that about yourselves probably not. Love and miss you Mia.
Stephanie Greene

Brentwood, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

Judged:

For those of you who have never watched a Mia video or payed attention to how well she was cared for or how happy she was, you are ignorant and I feel sorry for you. Many of us waited each day to see her picture, to see her smile and make our days better. She was and is an inspiration that continues to help other animals. Why in the world would you have a problem with that? Why are you so unhappy.
And for you Eddie and The Man or boy I should say, you wouldn't know beauty and you yourselves are probably not much to look at. Stop being a miserable rotten person and do some good in this world.
Mia is pure love and has brought 8,000 people together from Japan and back. We have become friends over this one little 1.6 pound dog. You have hurt her owner deeply. She had her with her 24/7 for her 18 month life and she lived! Show some respect, you wouldn't like it if we talked about your pets, friends or loved ones as ugly.
Stormidandidusty Holland

Longview, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

Judged:

You'll need to keep your mouth shut, my mother taught me from the old school, if you cant say something nice, keep your mouth shut!! You do not know what all the wonderful things this family has done for animals, so until you understand all this butt out. Mia was a wonderful furbaby and her mother and daddy gave her a wonderful life, so be it!! Mia was a precious gift of god! I have one of these babies that has some very servious illness and he is not suffering, he makes us smile every day likes baby Mia made all of her friends smile, she was a joy!!
Prisci Maldonado

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

Judged:

I love little Mia , i have been following her story for a long time. She had the most loving family and she was very well taken care of. She was beautiful and i love her and miss her everyday.
Norma Gaddy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

Judged:

Eddie wrote:
That is one ugly pooch
You, Eddie, you're the UGLY one here .... Get a life and if you don't know what this foundation is all about, then stay the heck away and keep your crappy comments to yourself, you jerk !!!!
Stephanie Greene

Brentwood, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

Judged:

Concerned Citizen wrote:
What they don't tell you is that Mia lived most of her life with respiratory problems. The poor dog suffered everyday just to breath. I understand these people loved her and wanted to save her but they were selfish in the long run by letting her suffer. Instead of humanely euthanizing her at the end they took her home and let her basically suffocate from the pneumonia.
She was not in pain and did not suffer. She lived to the fullest and when it was time, she passed without pain. She had oxygen the entire time and would never be allowed to suffer. How dare you insult and deeply hurt the person we admire for giving so much of herself to Mia who fought to be given life. Here's a video so you can see how much she suffered. Please watch both of them.
http://youtu.be/h0Y-4KMnpck

and my favorite
http://youtu.be/PcL41cv2eH8
Joanne

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

Judged:

Mia was a (rightfully) spoiled, delightful, playful, friendly, nurturing and caring young chihuahua. Her human parents gave her the right to live and she LIVED and lived in a big way! If you would go to Love for Mia on Facebook and take the time to watch the videos, look at her photos and read what some of her followers have to say about her, you might change your mind about Mia being "runt ugly" or suffering. One of the perks of having a dog as small as Mia is we CAN dress them up and make a big fuss over them (I'm guilty of the same thing)!

Please, be more tolerant of these precious animals who are born less than physically perfect! They're like humans-not every one is born perfect. If the pet owner has the means and the medical knowledge and network to give the dog every chance at life...and if that life has quality (as Mia's obviously did) as well as quantity...what's wrong with it?

Many people from all over the country and all over the world found (and still find) something delightful about Mia...I found hope and laughter and joy at a time when I needed them the most.

Bill and I love you, Princess Mia! Always and Forever in our hearts.
Beth Clabaugh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

Judged:

Sue I'm so sorry people that know nothing about Mia would even say anything at all!!! My heart breaks!!! Mia was the sweetest pup I ever got a chance to visit on Facebook. Mia was so loved by so many people. Her smile is infectious!! I miss her so much! Sue u are an awesome person! I really hope someday I can meet u my hero and thank u.
Stacey Arlene

Creston, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

Judged:

Eddie wrote:
That is one ugly pooch
Eddie you have some nerve. Mia was far from being "ugly" Mia was beautiful and she shared her love with many people around the world. Seeing Mia's picture each day is what kept a lot of people smiling.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent East Rochester Discussions

Search the East Rochester Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What is your biggest pet peeve 2 hr FreddyBoyDouglas 25
Cult (Sep '07) 4 hr Jeffery 16
topix site blackout coming soon 5 hr VX GAS 1
black eats other blacks heart to prove he is no... 5 hr Nappy head 2
nappy blacky gets herpes at daycare 5 hr Nappy head 2
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 7 hr positronium 6,343
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 10 hr Steve Douchy 6,364
•••
•••
•••
•••

East Rochester Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

East Rochester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••