Cosmetic surgery death-liposuction

Posted in the East Ridge Forum

Impacted

Chattanooga, TN

#1 Sep 20, 2012
A 59 year old woman died, after contracting a severe infection (Streptococcus), during a lipo procedure at an office-based Cosmetic Surgery chop shop in Baltimore! Two other patients have also reported an infection. Health officials visited the Monarch Med Spa or rather “Baltimore Laser Solutions, Inc.” d/b/a Monarch Med Spa, found breaches in “standard inspection control practices,” an ordered it shutdown. Cosmetic surgery centers in Maryland, are not currently subject to state licensure,(unregulated) and neither are the cosmetic chop-shops in Tennessee! The infections were reported on 17th and the health department shut it down three-days later, I congratulate their quick response.
Symptoms of this form of strep should see their doctor and call the County/State Health Department. The symptoms include fever, as well as redness, pain or drainage the sight of the procedure. Please recall Pancake did the very same thing at his chop shop but fortunately no Patients died.
Interestingly the web page addressing, Monarch Med Spa so-called “board certified doctor(s)” has been removed! They claim 40,000 procedures so they must have an army of doctors, right? One can’t easy find this information now, after this patients death…however, it does appear that Dr. Daniel Francis, a DO? and Dr. Francis X. Delone Jr a PS?- have been associated with this operation at some point in time (see below). While these two men appear to be the owners: Mr. Kevin Campbell, Mr. Abraham Fadley and Jodyee Hagerman Manager at Monarch medspa. There also appears to be links to Businesses in Franklin, TN too.

It took two-minutes to find the postings below:

“Poorly written regulations is all that allows this place to run. Remember, it's not a doctor's office...it's a "Med Spa". I'm badly scarred for life from this place.” 4/25/2012

“I don't recommend monarch med spa to anyone in fact I think they should be Sued”. 6/15/2011

“Go see a certified & licensed plastic surgeon. I've learned exactly how poor of a practice this "medspa" actually is after seeing an actual doctor” 3/10/2008

http://www.yellowpages.com/lutherville-timoni...

http://monarchmedspa.com/

http://patientfyi.com/cosmeticsurgeon/Francis...

http://www.locateadoc.com/daniel-francis-do
Concerned

AOL

#2 Sep 22, 2012
This procedure, at this establishment at least, after being proclaimed safe and without consequence, proved this was so not true. The procedure hurt to hell and I was sick up until the follow up......... Unbelievably horrifying...
ASCBS and Butcher Cattani

Chattanooga, TN

#3 Sep 24, 2012
Concerned wrote:
This procedure, at this establishment at least, after being proclaimed safe and without consequence, proved this was so not true. The procedure hurt to hell and I was sick up until the follow up......... Unbelievably horrifying...
Did you have Lipo-surgery at this exact place or somewhere else?
Impacted

Chattanooga, TN

#4 Sep 24, 2012
Sorry that was me up there!
Daphne

Murfreesboro, TN

#5 Nov 20, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Hixson, TN (Sep '10) 2 hr john doe 6
SL Tennessee to add 300 jobs in $35 million Cli... (Feb '10) Fri dontunderstand3776 5
ssd mc Fri Curious 2
Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) Thu WTSenior 9,592
jo byrns football (Jun '11) Jan 22 Coach Adkins 5
OBGYN-Quack, cosmetic surgery & another Woman d... (Apr '12) Jan 22 Impacted 5
chattanooga furniture co. (Jul '06) Jan 21 ddshirley 38
East Ridge Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

East Ridge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]