City Council Controversy
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
guest

United States

#1 Jun 19, 2012
Thank you city council members for drafting up another questionnaire as I, a registered voter did not fill out the first survey because I was uncomfortable leaving my name.

To the comments of Kevin Mainord:

"Out of the 200 survey forms filled out, 167 indicated that their needs have been served" -- How many residents are in EP? 200 out of 5000 - Is that a reliable sample?

"No one has come to me with complaints" Many residents are not fond of you, and that would make them not come to you. Plus residents like me know that you are only out for yourself, NOT the city residents of EP.

To Lonnie Thurmond getting offending --- Your right some city employees do care about the city residents but you I think NOT.. You know damn well you are all about yourself and what benefits you. Bet you miss your BFF Keith don't ya.

Guest 4

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Jun 19, 2012
I think that someone needs to be there on Friday's. Sometimes a person can't pay their water bill until Friday and it's just a bunch of nonsense to have to go buy a stamp to send it in because they are closed. At least have someone at the front desk that can collect the bills.
citizen

Addison, IL

#3 Jun 19, 2012
Thay need to stay open in the office 5 days a week and if lonnie want to do it by himself the by god let him. He's only interested in what he can get done for himself.Work fridays Lonnie and cut your pay salary to save the city some money .
guest

United States

#4 Jun 20, 2012
So true!!!!!!!!
Duh

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Jun 20, 2012
Night drop, they do have a night drop, save your stamp.
I KNOW

Cordova, TN

#6 Jun 20, 2012
PEOPLE AS LONG AS THESE SAME PEOPLE STAY IN OFFICE NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE EXCEPT WHAT THEY WANT. THEY ARE ALL OUT TO HELP THEMSELVES, THE PUBLIC DOES NOT CONCERN THEM.
Just Sayin

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Jun 20, 2012
I KNOW wrote:
PEOPLE AS LONG AS THESE SAME PEOPLE STAY IN OFFICE NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE EXCEPT WHAT THEY WANT. THEY ARE ALL OUT TO HELP THEMSELVES, THE PUBLIC DOES NOT CONCERN THEM.
Agree with what you say 100%!
Guest 4

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Jun 20, 2012
I agree too and I know there is a night drop, but I don't like it and won't use it. There are people up there that are "shady" in character and if they don't like you, they could take your bill and throw it away, pocket the money and turn your water off and there ain't crap you can do about it.
I would rather just go in and hand it to them. That way I know they got it and they know that I know they got it.
opinion

Farmington, MO

#9 Jun 21, 2012
I think they should work on Fridays. Most people get paid on Fridays and most holidays are observed on Mondays so when that happens, it makes for an inconvenient wait but that's just my opinion. I try to get all my crap done before the weekend and Fridays are when I'm scrambling but I guess that would be my fault but still
guest

Cape Girardeau, MO

#10 Jun 21, 2012
Guest 4 wrote:
I agree too and I know there is a night drop, but I don't like it and won't use it. There are people up there that are "shady" in character and if they don't like you, they could take your bill and throw it away, pocket the money and turn your water off and there ain't crap you can do about it.
I would rather just go in and hand it to them. That way I know they got it and they know that I know they got it.
What would stop them from stealing it if u mailed it in?
guest

Cape Girardeau, MO

#11 Jun 21, 2012
How can the mayor be out for himself? Last time I checked the mayor no matter who it might be gets nothing for doing a job that the majority of the citizens wouldn't do it even if it paid. Ask Mrs. Lawanda Douglas what any citizen gains for THEMSELVES by being mayor. If being mayor brings gain for THEMSELVES then why aren't dozens of people lined up to run so they can get in on all that great gain you obviously feel that the office brings. As far as residents not being fond of the present mayor, well last time I checked I don't know of any elected official paid or not that all residents are fond of and I am sure that any mayor of any small town wouldn't be in that office if they were concerned with all citizens being fond of them. The only reason any mayor of any small town does it is because they DO have CONCERN for all the citizens of their small town and are willing to give their time and energy to try to take care of the town in which they live and work.
I KNOW

Cordova, TN

#12 Jun 21, 2012
NO THE MAYOR MAY NOT GET PAID DIRECTLY, BUT DOES NO EVERY THING GOING ON IN OUR TOWN. THIS GIVE HIM THE ABLITY TO PLAY FAVORTE TOWARD'S CERTAIN PEOPLE WHICH IN RETURN WILL COME BACK TO HELP HIM... CLINTON WAS THE ONLY PERSON UP THERE WILLING TO STAND UP TO LONNIE AND KEITH, AND WE THE PEOPLE LET THEM PUSH HIM OUT OF OFFICE. THIS IS JUST LIKE THE OLD BASEBALL PARK. THAT LAND WAS GIVEN TO THE CITY OF E.P.. NOW LOW INCOME HOUSING HAS BEEN BUILD ON THIS, AND MORE IS TRYING TO BE BUILT AS WE SPEAK.. WHO DECIDED TO DO THIS??????????
NO MAYOR NOT BEING PAID BUT HE IS GETTING SOMETHING IN RETURN. IF YOU DONOT BELEIVE THIS YOU ARE LIVING IN A DREAM WORLD....
guest

Cape Girardeau, MO

#13 Jun 21, 2012
I KNOW wrote:
NO THE MAYOR MAY NOT GET PAID DIRECTLY, BUT DOES NO EVERY THING GOING ON IN OUR TOWN. THIS GIVE HIM THE ABLITY TO PLAY FAVORTE TOWARD'S CERTAIN PEOPLE WHICH IN RETURN WILL COME BACK TO HELP HIM... CLINTON WAS THE ONLY PERSON UP THERE WILLING TO STAND UP TO LONNIE AND KEITH, AND WE THE PEOPLE LET THEM PUSH HIM OUT OF OFFICE. THIS IS JUST LIKE THE OLD BASEBALL PARK. THAT LAND WAS GIVEN TO THE CITY OF E.P.. NOW LOW INCOME HOUSING HAS BEEN BUILD ON THIS, AND MORE IS TRYING TO BE BUILT AS WE SPEAK.. WHO DECIDED TO DO THIS??????????
NO MAYOR NOT BEING PAID BUT HE IS GETTING SOMETHING IN RETURN. IF YOU DONOT BELEIVE THIS YOU ARE LIVING IN A DREAM WORLD....
Clinton forced himself out.
I KNOW

Cordova, TN

#14 Jun 21, 2012
wrong!!!!!!!!!! keith throwing him under the wagon on the grain bin's because he was to scared he would piss some people off and loss business. how is this helping the people. when all he was doing is looking out for himself. that was the finally straw as far as clinton was concerned. they would tell him one thing, and when it came down to the meeting they would throw him under the bus. he handled it the right way, instead of making it ugly he just steped down... he should have taken them out back for a little one on one meeting...
guest

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Jun 21, 2012
guest wrote:
How can the mayor be out for himself? Last time I checked the mayor no matter who it might be gets nothing for doing a job that the majority of the citizens wouldn't do it even if it paid. Ask Mrs. Lawanda Douglas what any citizen gains for THEMSELVES by being mayor. If being mayor brings gain for THEMSELVES then why aren't dozens of people lined up to run so they can get in on all that great gain you obviously feel that the office brings. As far as residents not being fond of the present mayor, well last time I checked I don't know of any elected official paid or not that all residents are fond of and I am sure that any mayor of any small town wouldn't be in that office if they were concerned with all citizens being fond of them. The only reason any mayor of any small town does it is because they DO have CONCERN for all the citizens of their small town and are willing to give their time and energy to try to take care of the town in which they live and work.
I've been to city meetings and from watching first hand, I do not believe Kevin Mainord is in office and does what is RIGHT for the citizens of East Prairie.

We now have board members who are fighting for the city residents rights and that is Les Keene and Clinton Wolford. Please don't stop doing what it is your doing Les and Clinton. More people are thankful for you than you know.
guest

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Jun 21, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton forced himself out.
That is not true.

Clinton could not be in two positions at once. When Clinton ran for the county position, he had to chose. Because some former board members were not giving him the ability to make any decisions with the way the vote works (plus they did not want him there anyway) he resigned and Kevin Mainord (Keith and Lonnie's buddy) was there to jump in. Kevin Mainord was not elected, he just took over. But then the registered voters voted Keith out for Les Keene. City residents are tired of the former board members and a few still there-- one sided (do whats best for me decisions).
guest

Saint Louis, MO

#17 Jun 21, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
What would stop them from stealing it if u mailed it in?
I doubt they are directly stealing water bill money. But city grant money from the government, now maybe that is something to look into.
guest

Saint Louis, MO

#18 Jun 21, 2012
guest wrote:
How can the mayor be out for himself? Last time I checked the mayor no matter who it might be gets nothing for doing a job that the majority of the citizens wouldn't do it even if it paid. Ask Mrs. Lawanda Douglas what any citizen gains for THEMSELVES by being mayor. If being mayor brings gain for THEMSELVES then why aren't dozens of people lined up to run so they can get in on all that great gain you obviously feel that the office brings. As far as residents not being fond of the present mayor, well last time I checked I don't know of any elected official paid or not that all residents are fond of and I am sure that any mayor of any small town wouldn't be in that office if they were concerned with all citizens being fond of them. The only reason any mayor of any small town does it is because they DO have CONCERN for all the citizens of their small town and are willing to give their time and energy to try to take care of the town in which they live and work.
If citizens could go to their mayor and address their concerns then more people might of filled out his BIAS survey. If Mrs. Lawanda Douglas was still in office or Gene Ditto or Clinton Wolford for that matter - City residents would NOT have a problem addressing their concerns or problems. Why is it that noone goes to him?
guest

Saint Louis, MO

#19 Jun 21, 2012
If you aren't comfortable going to the mayor, then go to your aldermen. That is what they are there for. And if you don't feel comfortable with one, go to the other one. That's why there are two.
Arguing this point really doesn't matter anyway because it has been decided to open the office up on Fridays from 8-4.
guest

Florissant, MO

#20 Jun 21, 2012
Guest 4 wrote:
I think that someone needs to be there on Friday's. Sometimes a person can't pay their water bill until Friday and it's just a bunch of nonsense to have to go buy a stamp to send it in because they are closed. At least have someone at the front desk that can collect the bills.
Its like on holidays they are closed holiday Mondays with pay and have 4 days off with a 3 day work week. If they want 4 day work weeks, make it Tues through Friday that way even on holiday weeks they are open 4 days and the holiday mondays would be a day off anyway. But then again it isnt about making sense, it is about getting the most money for the least effort.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Prairie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Flakka 5 hr Zyljan 14
Drugs,,Gravei and Flakka 7 hr Bre 12
dumb 7 hr guest 1
Whose the daddy 7 hr ctf 14
James Smith jr 9 hr just sayin 16
Legal actions for stalkering and harassing? 17 hr guest 24
Blue house (Dec '15) Fri guest 20

East Prairie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

East Prairie Mortgages