jason aycock

corey sisk

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
hmm_

Sikeston, MO

#1 Sep 25, 2008
This poll considers 1-sport athletes while leaving out other multisport athletes...
For example, it omits Darren Kinsolving, a superb football player who played pro baseball, and I think was on the '94 400m relay team that set the state record.
Chris Johnson was the fastest human I've ever seen play football, Aycock was the best combination of toughness & speed & agility. I never saw either play any other sport, though.

Wentzville, MO

#2 Sep 26, 2008
This doesn't include any girls??????????
curious

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Sep 26, 2008
aycock and johnson were both on the 94 relay team. Jones was three dimension athlete of the year. and sisk was an all stater in track and was really good in football as well
media_man

United States

#4 Sep 26, 2008
lets not take nothin away from any of these athletes that are on here. They were all super athletes but was they the best? No Darrin Kinsolving is by far the best athlete that has walked the halls of east prairie, then Tony which is now playing basketball for missouri baptist, but would all of these athletes be in the top ten ABSOLUTLY!
media_man

United States

#5 Sep 26, 2008
now lets not take anything away from these athletes on the poll, but they was not the best. Darrin kingsolving was by far the best athlete to walk the halls of ep, but are these athletes in the top ten ABSOLUTLY!
sports fan

United States

#6 Sep 26, 2008
hmm_ wrote:
This poll considers 1-sport athletes while leaving out other multisport athletes...
For example, it omits Darren Kinsolving, a superb football player who played pro baseball, and I think was on the '94 400m relay team that set the state record.
Chris Johnson was the fastest human I've ever seen play football, Aycock was the best combination of toughness & speed & agility. I never saw either play any other sport, though.
no it was not Darrin kinsolving that was on the relay team it was Jason Aycock Chris Johnson Rocket porter and Jeremy Mitchell

Chesterfield, MO

#7 Sep 26, 2008
To vote all time best you would have to go back into the history of EP sports. Not just in the last however many years. I'm sure there've been many other EP Alums this would apply to.
hmm_

Sikeston, MO

#8 Sep 26, 2008
sports fan wrote:
<quoted text>no it was not Darrin kinsolving that was on the relay team it was Jason Aycock Chris Johnson Rocket porter and Jeremy Mitchell
You're right, my bad. Rocket Porter was a good all-around athlete, too. It'd be hard to pin down "The best" athlete, but I still say Chris Johnson was at least the best football player.
R_u_kiddin

Sikeston, MO

#9 Sep 26, 2008
guest wrote:
This doesn't include any girls??????????
East Prairie is not known for it's progressive views, so I wouldn't take it personal that there are no girls mentioned. Girl's sports just get less coverage & are taken less seriously -- it's not fair, but thats just how it is.

The only stand-out female athletes that come to my mind are Mandy Mainord, Deandria McCauley, Meghan Massey, Lucretia Joiner, and the former superintendent's daughter (not Williams, I mean the gruff looking girl), but I can't recall her name.
MO Native

Lehigh Acres, FL

#10 Sep 26, 2008
Tamara was her name.:)

I went to school with all those guys...they were all amazing.
local_FB_fan

Sikeston, MO

#11 Sep 26, 2008
guest wrote:
To vote all time best you would have to go back into the history of EP sports. Not just in the last however many years. I'm sure there've been many other EP Alums this would apply to.
The problem is that there is no readily available record of past stats, and it'd be a challenge to go through a century of EP newspapers. Plus, I KNOW of instances where stats were intentionally falsified to help EP athletes get scholarships.

For example, Cedrick Webb was a WR/LB from 1996-99, and the statkeeper (Leslie B) was his friend. She gave him a "SOLO (sack/tackle)"
every time he was somehow involved in the play; plus, she'd also give him an assist. It bit him in the @$$ later, though, because although he got All-State honors, he only lasted one season at the SEMO level.
Hey

Sikeston, MO

#12 Sep 27, 2008
What about the upstanding linemen we've had in the past? Those running backs can't get anywhere without those guys...gotta have an awesome line... like Billy, James, Ed, and Wesley from the '93 season.
Bulldog

Chaffee, MO

#13 Sep 27, 2008
Hey young people lets go back to the 80's to people like kelly ray,eakie hines,cullin brient, elmer jackson and many more they were raw talent that got passed over and not to think about the track and field go look at the trophy's in the case you will see what im talking about for the mid to late 80's.

Sikeston, MO

#14 Sep 27, 2008
Hey wrote:
What about the upstanding linemen we've had in the past? Those running backs can't get anywhere without those guys...gotta have an awesome line... like Billy, James, Ed, and Wesley from the '93 season.
Someone should take up the challenge of compiling a book, "A Century of Eagle Football" or something like that... to compile all the stats. I mean Offensive, Defensive, etc... I wonder where you could find that info?

Sikeston, MO

#15 Sep 27, 2008
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone should take up the challenge of compiling a book, "A Century of Eagle Football" or something like that... to compile all the stats. I mean Offensive, Defensive, etc... I wonder where you could find that info?
I really don't think they keep any of that stuff. Newspapers would be about the only way... and they only report part of the stuff... so... who knows.
Football_Fan

Sikeston, MO

#16 Sep 27, 2008
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't think they keep any of that stuff. Newspapers would be about the only way... and they only report part of the stuff... so... who knows.
Yeah... and like has been mentioned, alot of the stats are questionable, anyway. From now on, though, and for the last few years as far back as I can go, I may try to find some stats

Wentzville, MO

#17 Sep 27, 2008
local_FB_fan wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that there is no readily available record of past stats, and it'd be a challenge to go through a century of EP newspapers. Plus, I KNOW of instances where stats were intentionally falsified to help EP athletes get scholarships.
For example, Cedrick Webb was a WR/LB from 1996-99, and the statkeeper (Leslie B) was his friend. She gave him a "SOLO (sack/tackle)"
every time he was somehow involved in the play; plus, she'd also give him an assist. It bit him in the @$$ later, though, because although he got All-State honors, he only lasted one season at the SEMO level.
Cedrick Webb did great at the college level his grades his what made him only last 1 year at the college level.

Scott City, MO

#18 Sep 28, 2008
corey sisk get off of topix, why the hell would anyone think you were awesome? you weren't! now with that being said, i think darrin kingsolving, chris johnson, lucretia joiner, deandria mccauley, jason aycock, dustin mccutchen, and there are more that were all wonderful athletes.
mustbekiddin

Scott City, MO

#19 Sep 28, 2008
corey sisk? that's funny
all around

Wentzville, MO

#20 Sep 29, 2008
I too went to school with two of the young men in this poll. They may have been GREAT athletes, but they were also GREAT jerks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Prairie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bad Teacher 3 hr guest 4
Curious 14 hr Truth 7
Paris and jessica 15 hr PrickRick 11
Hillary 16 hr paige 1
Up to no good. Thu Truth 17
Trashy woman Thu Truth 3
African Americans up there in c town shooting e... Thu Truth 13
East Prairie Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web