Who else is running for Chief of Police besides Parker

Posted in the East Prairie Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Not for Parker

Seattle, WA

#1 Jul 8, 2008
Who else is running for Chief of Police besides Parker??
guest

East Prairie, MO

#2 Jul 8, 2008
Haven't heard.... that election is over a year away. I'm sure some more ppl will run.
gust

Sikeston, MO

#3 Jul 12, 2008
Tim Parker is a fake, he will not have my vote
e_p_girl

Sikeston, MO

#4 Jul 14, 2008
I think Tim Parker, Danny Lafferty
EPMAN

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Jul 24, 2008
Rumor has it Mike Keller will run. No matter who runs one thing for sure it's time for change Danny needs to go away. The entire department is corrupt and Danny's kid continues to break every law. kick out police car windows, steal tractors, sell and do drugs and gets any cop who arrest him fired. He did not stand behind his officer that time!!!!!
geeee what a chief of police
betty

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Jul 25, 2008
No one is more corrupt then Tim Parker..
EPMAN

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Jul 25, 2008
betty wrote:
No one is more corrupt then Tim Parker..
Bety what office has Tim Parker ever held to be corrupt in? Please enlighten us.
Guest3-16

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Jul 26, 2008
I have been a citizen of EP for many years and as far as i'm concerned Mr Lafferty does as good a job as he is allowed. Lets not forget he has bosses. I also think he is a good christian man, but he is like anyone else, he can make mistakes. I will say this, he is in church every time the doors are opened. The last thing we need in our small town is coruption, dishonesty, nepotism and nearly what we have now, a clique. I am proud of our town in most respects. And I don't know much of his son but you tell me who has a perfect son here. I know i had my share of problems, what about you. I bet Danny prays for him just as I would do for my kids. I can't vote in city elections, but if I could you could rest assured Danny Lafferty would get my vote and not only that I will campaign for him every opportunity I have. Everyone should examine themselves before passing judgement on others........lean back, clear your mind and think about it.
PARKER

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Jul 26, 2008
TIM PARKER IS AWESOME
EP Resident

Sikeston, MO

#11 Jul 28, 2008
Oh Lafferty's doing a fine job. Read this 2006 quote from a federal judge:
"These facts are sufficient to support the inference that the East Prairie Police Department had a policy or custom of acquiescence to police misconduct."
- Lewis M. Blanton, U.S. Magistrate Judge
.
.
.
.
.
Again:
"... the East Prairie Police Department
had a policy [of] POLICE MISCONDUCT..."
.
.
.
.
[Source: Jackson v. E.P. Police Dept. & Lafferty. 2006 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 2089. Jan 20, 2006.]
ur dumb

Sikeston, MO

#12 Jul 28, 2008
Guest3-16 wrote:
as far as i'm concerned Mr Lafferty does as good a job as he is allowed. Lets not forget he has bosses.
East Prairie's Chief of Police is an ELECTED official. That means he DOES have bosses, but those bosses are the (public/voters/taxpayers).

Oh, and in your little fictional world where Danny's a Saint in waiting, were there any unicorns?
guest

Wright City, MO

#13 Jul 28, 2008
EP Resident wrote:
Oh Lafferty's doing a fine job. Read this 2006 quote from a federal judge:
"These facts are sufficient to support the inference that the East Prairie Police Department had a policy or custom of acquiescence to police misconduct."
- Lewis M. Blanton, U.S. Magistrate Judge
.

.
.
.
Again:
"... the East Prairie Police Department
had a policy [of] POLICE MISCONDUCT..."
.
.
.
.
[Source: Jackson v. E.P. Police Dept. & Lafferty. 2006 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 2089. Jan 20, 2006.]
What website is this from?
guest

Wright City, MO

#14 Jul 28, 2008
What website is that quote on?
EP Resident

Sikeston, MO

#15 Jul 28, 2008
The quote is from the Court's holding on several pretrial motions in the case involving Keith Bickford unloading his firearm into a car. The decision can be obtained through the Court's website: http://www.moed.uscourts.gov/cmecf/cmecf_writ...

Jackson v. EP Police Dept, et al
- Case No. 1:05CV00115LMB
- U.S. DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF MO, SOUTHEASTERN DIVISION
- 2006 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 2089
- January 20, 2006, Decided

[*1]*** MEMORANDUM AND ORDER
This matter is before the court on the civil rights action of Bryan Jackson, Brandi Evans, and Corey Caery, brought pursuant to 42 U.S.C. 1983.

The Complaint alleges that Defendant Brian Bickford, while acting in his official capacity as a police officer with the City of East Prairie, used excessive force in violation of plaintiffs' constitutional rights..... Danny Lafferty... knew of the shooting and other misconduct of Officer Bickford, and failed to issue any disciplinary action against Officer Bickford. Plaintiffs also assert assault, battery, and false imprisonment claims against each defendant.
[8 pages of legal discussion omitted]

"Plaintiffs allege that Chief Lafferty, as chief of the East Prairie Police Department, knew the facts surrounding this shooting, along with other misconduct of Officer Bickford, and failed to issue any disciplinary action. THESE FACTS ARE SUFFICIENT TO SUPPORT THE INFERENCE THAT THE EAST PRAIRIE POLICE DEPARTMENT HAD A POLICY OR CUSTOM OF ACQUIESCENCE TO POLICE MISCONDUCT."
AND SO

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Jul 28, 2008
EP Resident wrote:
The quote is from the Court's holding on several pretrial motions in the case involving Keith Bickford unloading his firearm into a car. The decision can be obtained through the Court's website: http://www.moed.uscourts.gov/cmecf/cmecf_writ...
Jackson v. EP Police Dept, et al
- Case No. 1:05CV00115LMB
- U.S. DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF MO, SOUTHEASTERN DIVISION
- 2006 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 2089
- January 20, 2006, Decided
[*1]*** MEMORANDUM AND ORDER
This matter is before the court on the civil rights action of Bryan Jackson, Brandi Evans, and Corey Caery, brought pursuant to 42 U.S.C. 1983.
The Complaint alleges that Defendant Brian Bickford, while acting in his official capacity as a police officer with the City of East Prairie, used excessive force in violation of plaintiffs' constitutional rights..... Danny Lafferty... knew of the shooting and other misconduct of Officer Bickford, and failed to issue any disciplinary action against Officer Bickford. Plaintiffs also assert assault, battery, and false imprisonment claims against each defendant.
[8 pages of legal discussion omitted]
"Plaintiffs allege that Chief Lafferty, as chief of the East Prairie Police Department, knew the facts surrounding this shooting, along with other misconduct of Officer Bickford, and failed to issue any disciplinary action. THESE FACTS ARE SUFFICIENT TO SUPPORT THE INFERENCE THAT THE EAST PRAIRIE POLICE DEPARTMENT HAD A POLICY OR CUSTOM OF ACQUIESCENCE TO POLICE MISCONDUCT."
not trying to get too far of base here, but wasn't that a black guy driving the car he fired into? hell who can blame him for that, I know alot of people that would get a little trigger happy in that situation,,me for one LOL!!!
truth

East Prairie, MO

#17 Jul 28, 2008
what they dont tell you is they tried to run this officer down with the car they were in soo??
guest

Sikeston, MO

#18 Jul 28, 2008
truth wrote:
what they dont tell you is they tried to run this officer down with the car they were in soo??
Yeah, I bet that never came up during the whole trial. Probably because that's not what happened, and even if it had, an officer isn't authorized to use lethal force at whim. Bickford shot ELEVEN shots at innocent bystanders (those not driving), and Danny backed him up on it.
bull

Saint Louis, MO

#19 Jul 29, 2008
he got fired why don't you tell the whole story.
why

Saint Louis, MO

#20 Jul 29, 2008
why are you using this forum to bash people and can't leave your name. That tells me that what you say is total bull.
ha ha

East Prairie, MO

#21 Jul 29, 2008
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I bet that never came up during the whole trial. Probably because that's not what happened, and even if it had, an officer isn't authorized to use lethal force at whim. Bickford shot ELEVEN shots at innocent bystanders (those not driving), and Danny backed him up on it.
And I guess you were there and you know what happend?? I bet you only got thier side of the story and not the other soooo???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Prairie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Reese Rendon 4 hr Guest007 5
young pregnant girls 4 hr Beth 38
Shannon Bowers 6 hr Family 5
Truck? 16 hr Unknown 1
just curious faye myers 17 hr guess 101 17
Marlana Wheatley Mon uh 26
News East Prairie couple facing multiple drug charges Mon misery 20
More from around the web

East Prairie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]