Be the change positive post

Be the change positive post

Posted in the East Prairie Forum

Union, MO

#1 Jan 7, 2013
Be the change you want to see in the world

Jackson, MO

#2 Jan 7, 2013
Wish there was as much good said on here as negative. East Prairie has many good hearted people. I know so many people that bought Christmas for others. Churches help with foodbanks and lodge people with no place to go. I am tired of people complaining on here and talking filthly. It is so sad to see so many post horrible things that hurt others.
Another Guest

Jackson, MO

#3 Jan 7, 2013
There are good people everywhere and there is some good in everyone. Let's all uplift each other. What a difference that would make!
positive note

Fairfax, VA

#4 Jan 8, 2013
Good morning

Farmington, MO

#5 Jan 8, 2013
Another Guest wrote:
There are good people everywhere and there is some good in everyone. Let's all uplift each other. What a difference that would make!
I know this is true but it is so hard to see good on all when the same ones keep stealing and doping. I just have a problem finding any good in these people that take from me what I have worked hard to provide for my family. I guess you could say they are providing for their family but they need to find some other way. My blood sweat and tears were used by me to provide for my family not someone else's family because the someone is just to lazy to work and would rather steal
Positive Posts

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Jan 8, 2013
Look for the good in others so that you are able to see the good in yourself.

United States

#7 Jan 8, 2013
Tell me what good is seen in someone whom steals the wiring off a pivot. The radiator off the pivot motor. Your truck. Your stereo system out of your truck. What good can you see? All I can see is the bullseye on their forehead when I catch them!!!!! I am not saying all people are bad but not sure if I think all people have good in them.
Another Guest

Jackson, MO

#8 Jan 8, 2013
Guest wrote:
Tell me what good is seen in someone whom steals the wiring off a pivot. The radiator off the pivot motor. Your truck. Your stereo system out of your truck. What good can you see? All I can see is the bullseye on their forehead when I catch them!!!!! I am not saying all people are bad but not sure if I think all people have good in them.
I understand what you're saying and that would make it hard for me to find good in them, also. But trust me, there is SOMETHING (however small) good in everyone.
Another Guest

Jackson, MO

#9 Jan 8, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I know this is true but it is so hard to see good on all when the same ones keep stealing and doping. I just have a problem finding any good in these people that take from me what I have worked hard to provide for my family. I guess you could say they are providing for their family but they need to find some other way. My blood sweat and tears were used by me to provide for my family not someone else's family because the someone is just to lazy to work and would rather steal
You got it! There is a lot of bad in them, but they love their family. It doesn't make it right to steal from you but maybe that's all they know.

Fairfax, VA

#10 Jan 8, 2013
It used to be shameful to have done time in prison but now it is like an achievement for most. Used to do hard labor while locked up. Now no one does anything but lay around and watch tv. We decided it was immoral to make convicts work. It is cruel and unusual punishment to not let them have their tv's and radios and all the same stuff I am out here working my butt off for the criminals get it all for free. 3 meals a day. Medical dental and hospitalization. And who pays? Not the criminal. No that would be inhumane to make him earn his meals and medical care. No just give him tv and stuff. So how do they learn? Why is give me all they know? Because we as society has made it a holiday for criminals to get there punishment. I mean how hard is it to see that making excuses for criminals is why the numbers keep climbing. Give em a hammer shovel and wheel barrow and make them gravel out county roads while they are being rehabilitated. That while teach them a trade for if they ever do get out!!!!!

Fairfax, VA

#11 Jan 8, 2013
Guest wrote:
Be the change you want to see in the world
This is the change I want to see. I want an eye for an eye like in the bible and I want criminals punished not sent to the state resort on my dollar. Make the earn their keep or they starve. That's how I survive. No one magically puts food in my house. I work and earn money. They need to work and earn their way through prison
Another Guest

Jackson, MO

#12 Jan 8, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the change I want to see. I want an eye for an eye like in the bible and I want criminals punished not sent to the state resort on my dollar. Make the earn their keep or they starve. That's how I survive. No one magically puts food in my house. I work and earn money. They need to work and earn their way through prison
I don't know how we as a society have allowed those changes to happen, either. Some keep breaking the law to get back in prison because it is easier than being on the outside. They don't learn a trade while incarcerated, so they don't know any way to make it on the outside other than stealing. I KNOW the majority of people have to feel the same way as we do that responsibility needs to be taught. How do we get that changed? I have no idea. Anyone have any ideas?

Fairfax, VA

#13 Jan 8, 2013
Another Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how we as a society have allowed those changes to happen, either. Some keep breaking the law to get back in prison because it is easier than being on the outside. They don't learn a trade while incarcerated, so they don't know any way to make it on the outside other than stealing. I KNOW the majority of people have to feel the same way as we do that responsibility needs to be taught. How do we get that changed? I have no idea. Anyone have any ideas?
And I thought I was alone in feeling this way. I am not sure how to go about making reform in this area. I assume a good place to start is with the local politicians and enforcement people. Voice our wants and desires and get input on where to go. If enough of us get on board something will have to change or we can vote people out and elect people who will cause change. This country as a whole has gotten lazy. I remember as a child getting paid to go around and pass out flyers for politicians and business cards. One year I was paid to go door to door with a petition for an improvement needed at a local public facility. Now every one talks about things but no one seems to take the time to do anything about it.

My grandmother had breakfast cooked at 6. Cleaned up and started lunch so it was done by 12. Washed dishes and started supper so it was done by 5:30. Seemed her whole day was spent cooking yet she cleaned house washed clothes and always had neighbors over to visit. Now days we microwave our meals in 3 minute throw away our dishes cause they are disposable and yet we have no time to get anything done!

United States

#14 Jan 8, 2013
I undstand what your saying but I still cook supper,clean the kitchen, do the laundry, clean my house, mow the yard etc. But I can't get everything done. But I also work everyday to pay for my food, my house, my electric bill, water, gas, etc. I'm not a grandmother I'm a single mother and if I can work so can everybody else. Of course if I had the luxury of being at home all day my house would spotless all the time!!!

Fairfax, VA

#15 Jan 8, 2013
guest wrote:
I undstand what your saying but I still cook supper,clean the kitchen, do the laundry, clean my house, mow the yard etc. But I can't get everything done. But I also work everyday to pay for my food, my house, my electric bill, water, gas, etc. I'm not a grandmother I'm a single mother and if I can work so can everybody else. Of course if I had the luxury of being at home all day my house would spotless all the time!!!
My moral was we take seconds now to complete tasks that used to take hours yet we can never find the time to get involved in things that change our town counties and countries. We have to take a stand somewhere for what's right and show everyone that is how things need to be. Hthis country was found for freedoms but all our freedoms are under attack and being limited and taken away. Criminals get free passes. Citizens can't protect themselves without being scrutinized. We had the Boston tea party because of taxes. Well now some politicians tax me to give my money to people who never contributed to anything. Make babies wont work but get paid to do it and that ain't right. Get busted for dope and tell on someone and you go free. That ain't right people. I hoped I would never see it and I hope at my age I won't buy there is another civil war in our future. The working people is going to get tired of getting used and abused and will stand up and fight someday.
Paul Revere

Silex, MO

#16 Jan 8, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
My moral was we take seconds now to complete tasks that used to take hours yet we can never find the time to get involved in things that change our town counties and countries. We have to take a stand somewhere for what's right and show everyone that is how things need to be. Hthis country was found for freedoms but all our freedoms are under attack and being limited and taken away. Criminals get free passes. Citizens can't protect themselves without being scrutinized. We had the Boston tea party because of taxes. Well now some politicians tax me to give my money to people who never contributed to anything. Make babies wont work but get paid to do it and that ain't right. Get busted for dope and tell on someone and you go free. That ain't right people. I hoped I would never see it and I hope at my age I won't buy there is another civil war in our future. The working people is going to get tired of getting used and abused and will stand up and fight someday.
If I were you, I'd be careful about making comments about "civil war" in the future. Our fine government might interpret that as an act of insubordiantion. You could easily get a one way trip to Guitanamo Bay, Cuba.

Farmington, MO

#17 Jan 9, 2013
Paul Revere wrote:
<quoted text>
If I were you, I'd be careful about making comments about "civil war" in the future. Our fine government might interpret that as an act of insubordiantion. You could easily get a one way trip to Guitanamo Bay, Cuba.
Last I knew we had not lost our freedom of speech yet....LOL....but you never know. We seem to loose something every day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Prairie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Caid named acting sheriff in Mississippi County... 54 min Guest 68
Cops 2 hr Guest 8
Christina Ray 6 hr dope feen hater 2
Sewing & tailoring 8 hr thought 4
Does anyone know terry ervin 10 hr Guest 3
News Sheriff Cory Hutcheson Vowed to Clean Up His Ru... 21 hr wtf 176
Remembering of EPH Classmates who have passed a... (Jan '13) Wed Omg 237

East Prairie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance