FBI raids target 'Taliban' gang in Ea...

FBI raids target 'Taliban' gang in East Palo Alto, San Jose, Gi...

There are 28 comments on the Monterey County Herald story from Mar 9, 2009, titled FBI raids target 'Taliban' gang in East Palo Alto, San Jose, Gi.... In it, Monterey County Herald reports that:

In an early morning sweep, 500 agents from the FBI and other agencies raided homes in East Palo Alto, San Jose and elsewhere and arrested 42 suspected members of a street gang known as the Taliban.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monterey County Herald.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
oldspice55

Monterey, CA

#1 Mar 9, 2009
as a long time resident of salinas and including all the others, i / we are numb to the fact that gangs continue to thrive in our community. yes the authories are doing everything possible, it's just not enough. perhaps salinas should take note of this article and follow in the footsteps of the above mentioned cities. if it takes bringing in a multitude of federal agents, so be it. if it also involves knocking on a few doors, and interviewing those occupants, prepare for it. to all of us who should happen to come in contact with the task forces, co-operate. any information given no matter how in- significant it may seem to us, they will know how to filter out the useful tips. and for the neighbors witnessing these visits, don't assume the negative. for your door could be the next. and as innocent as you are and am only co-operating, remember, somebody will always be watching and developing an opinion. and in closing, one of my many prayers is to re-live the simplier life in the town as my mind remembers it and my eyes have seen it, back in 1969.
GEMSTONE

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Mar 10, 2009
The FBI needs to do this in Salinas too. This is much needed there.
stop the corruption

Madera, CA

#5 Mar 11, 2009
man they really need to get the facts straight, nobody was scared to live in epa. They took care of the community and helped people when they didn't have nothing at all. They were just all friends gang lol thats funny... if the police really did their research they would know the mexicans ran every thing in epa. They picked up a lot of people that were just friends with them. Its not fair to them or their families. These men are in the childrens lives and look wwhat the police done. The FBI needs to investigate the police that recieves money from the mexicans and that on the pay roll... oh wait thats why they didnt investigate them. Oh okay now I get it. Especially officer glover in oakland he is nortorious for taking the dealers money and leaving. Or even sometimes arrest them but they make sure he gives everybody their split. Isn't that right officer kim.
GEMSTONE

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Mar 11, 2009
stop the corruption wrote:
man they really need to get the facts straight, nobody was scared to live in epa. They took care of the community and helped people when they didn't have nothing at all. They were just all friends gang lol thats funny... if the police really did their research they would know the mexicans ran every thing in epa. They picked up a lot of people that were just friends with them. Its not fair to them or their families. These men are in the childrens lives and look wwhat the police done. The FBI needs to investigate the police that recieves money from the mexicans and that on the pay roll... oh wait thats why they didnt investigate them. Oh okay now I get it. Especially officer glover in oakland he is nortorious for taking the dealers money and leaving. Or even sometimes arrest them but they make sure he gives everybody their split. Isn't that right officer kim.
A little bit of "libel" going on here on this comment, this is a lot more obscene than saying "peanuts"... not right!
lilian of CA

Moorestown, NJ

#7 Mar 22, 2009
it is hard to live in fear. these people should realize how this will affect their life, their family especially their children. It scares me to death the life of my family is in danger. No there other safe place to live anymore. our life is threatened once we step our of our door. We all should pray. Pray for those people to realize not to do this anymore.
sucess27

Waterloo, Canada

#9 Sep 10, 2009
There all EPA scum bags keep the fight lock everyone of them up they don't deserve anything escally everyone that hurted another person like alycia Singleton from menlo parks who asscoties with theses worthless scum bags
sucess27

Waterloo, Canada

#10 Sep 18, 2009
Another Murder in East Pale Alto
sucess27

Waterloo, Canada

#11 Sep 21, 2009
They all belong in prison
sucess27

Waterloo, Canada

#12 Dec 4, 2009
Alycia Singleton who enjoys the company of these gang banger needs to be put in prison of these low lifes
sucess27

Waterloo, Canada

#13 Dec 11, 2009
Another person who enjoys the thugs low life company cause she has no friends hanging out in east palo alto with the mexican gangsters
sucess27

Waterloo, Canada

#14 Dec 11, 2009
Alycia Singleton From Menlo Park they all need to be locked up its not fair for other people to be or pretending someone your not
sucess27

Warwick, RI

#15 Dec 13, 2009
Lillian all those kids have bad parents there father sons and there friends are no better they need to be just locked up family members friends that relate to all the bad things there nobody and never will be anyone family members of these people need to be all put away showing that they are bad parents this is what the taught
sucess27

Warwick, RI

#16 Jan 6, 2010
Everyone in the raid have poor parents there bad mothers and fathers this is what they taught to there children
A mother

Hayward, CA

#17 Jan 6, 2010
Success 27< do you have a job? If not u should b looking for one instead of posting ppls names
sucess27

Waterloo, Canada

#18 Jan 7, 2010
I am stating Facts the parents are bad Parents I am Happy with my job to that males more money in a day then you make in a year your just mad cause these are dumb people with dumb parents society doesn't need those people. Don't get the story twisted that's why's its success A mother"]Success 27< do you have a job? If not u should b looking for one instead of posting ppls nameE]
sucess27

Waterloo, Canada

#19 Jan 7, 2010
And if the FBI wants to lock them up well they brought that upon themseleves and instead of complaining how the justice system screwed up
EPA PRINCESS

San Jose, CA

#20 Jan 12, 2010
sucess27< you are so judgemental. its not that we have bad parents.its that most ppl choose their paths wether anyone says anything to them. keep your facts straight. bad parents are the ones who dont care. i know for a fact parents care. aha , dum ppl these days
sucess27

Waterloo, Canada

#21 Jan 13, 2010
Then why do the parents let them do what they want to do then there father brothers sons uncles ETC they know better that I saw a video on you tube of a Talbian. Gang stand off on July sometime early yelling and screaming at cops like its there fault the brought it on them selves of courses there bad parents if they were good they would have had a 9-5 job
EPA PRINCESS

San Jose, CA

#22 Jan 13, 2010
Hha. your parents obiously wernt good parents to you because you have to many negative thoughts about our parents.
sucess27

Waterloo, Canada

#23 Jan 13, 2010
No its just facts if they were good parents. This is the route they wouldn't have gone

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Palo Alto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... (Sep '15) 20 hr Limo 260
News City's crime rate dips down in 2016 Sat Friendly Killer 3
Sunnyvale park on December 4th Sat Mark Suckhard 6
News In Trump's wake: Locals take leadership role in... Sat REDS don t care 2
News El Camino Hospital board restructures by adding... May 23 Frank Leoheo 8
News Palo Alto student fights Islamophobia, one dinn... May 22 Roscoe 7
News Man pleads not guilty in East Palo Alto cockfig... May 16 un agenda 21 7

East Palo Alto Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance