Mercury News editorial: San Mateo and Santa Clara County school measures deserve support
Proposition 30 last year markedly improved funding for public schools, but little state money is available to renovate and expand them.Full Story
Since: Mar 13
#1 Oct 29, 2013
so, the mercury news suggests supporting it because they feel there are answers (not given) to the concerns. And because it could take years for them to come up with another plan. Doesn't sound like good reasons to vote for a bad ballot measure.
Vote NO on P.
* why tear down a school and rebuild it instead of just adding on and saving money?
* The District has $70 million remaining from Measure L from 2008
* Its a bad idea to send 5th graders to Middle School with 6-8th graders.
* Why would the District pay for solar panels with debt, instead of leasing them and locking in lower rates. Seems like a faster way to reduce costs and reduce risk instead of a huge capital outlay.
* Same with technology funding. Why set aside so much money for something that has no clear plan for how to use it and will be obsolete so quickly.
* Borel Middle School is also impacted and older with no plan for its future. Can we figure this out too?
VOTE NO on P.
#2 Nov 1, 2013
VOTE NO ON G
Add your comments below
|Moderators why have i been shadow banned? (Jun '14)||Feb 27||Fracking Doodooda||4|
|My Teen Verbally Abuses Me (Feb '09)||Feb 26||tera||112|
|Caltrain accident||Feb 25||Mary J||1|
|VTA seems to think El Camino Real bus riders ar... (May '12)||Feb 25||Jack Offmoore||14|
|Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph...||Feb 25||Etsy||63|
|I m housewife need home based job||Feb 24||Rajveer9033383005||11|
|Local painter records wedding memories on canvas (Mar '09)||Feb 23||calebhart54||3|
Find what you want!
Search East Palo Alto Forum Now
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC