Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,234
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

#36568 Jun 10, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on your words above you have already covered the point about Ted Turner's influence. I did not see your comments on the matter and so could you please repeat them form me.
I agree. I already opined on the matter.

As far as the conversation - you are free to scroll back.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#36569 Jun 10, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I already opined on the matter.
As far as the conversation - you are free to scroll back.
I take it that you regard the repetition as involving too much work. In my mind you could have just said he is influential or he is not influential and both would have been shorter than your response above.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#36570 Jun 10, 2012
"Robert Edward "Ted" Turner III (born November 19, 1938[2]) is an American media mogul and philanthropist. As a businessman, he is known as founder of the cable news network CNN, the first dedicated 24-hour cable news channel. In addition, he founded WTBS, which pioneered the superstation concept in cable television. As a philanthropist, he is known for his $1 billion gift to support UN causes, which created the United Nations Foundation, a public charity to broaden support for the UN. Turner serves as Chairman of the United Nations Foundation board of directors.[3]
Turner's media empire began with his father's billboard business, which he took over at 24 after his father's suicide.[4] The business, Turner Outdoor Advertising, was worth $1 million when Turner took it over in 1963. Purchase of an Atlanta UHF station in 1970 began the Turner Broadcasting System. Cable News Network revolutionized news media, covering the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster in 1986 and the Persian Gulf War in 1991. Turner turned the Atlanta Braves baseball team into a nationally popular franchise and launched the charitable Goodwill Games. He helped reinvent interest in professional wrestling when he owned one of the most popular wrestling companies of the middle to late 1990s known as World Championship Wrestling (WCW). The Monday night show that it put on was the highest rated on cable and helped boost Turner's channels of TNT and WTBS."
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#36571 Jun 10, 2012
Certainly the man Turner is NOT influential. If he was a garbage collector then he would have been INFLUENTIAL.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#36572 Jun 10, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former----I think the "Sex Addiction" shows were the ones that I couln't quite wrap me head around
HughBe--- Is it because your HEAD does not have the requisite length?
Have a blessed Sabbath. I'm off to church.
You were a day early.

Unless you're Jewish.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#36573 Jun 10, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
You were a day early.
Unless you're Jewish.
1. Do some stretching in order to increase length.
2. The ONLY foundation of Christianity is Jewish there is NO other foundation. All other foundations are LIES and DECEPTION and FRAUDULENT.
3. The Sabbath is NOT Jewish. It is God's Sabbath.
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

#36574 Jun 10, 2012
HughBe wrote:
Certainly the man Turner is NOT influential. If he was a garbage collector then he would have been INFLUENTIAL.
Ms Laziness, the question was never whether he was influential.

The question was whether there is an organized global movement at foot to depopulate the world (strongest position) or whether there is an organized global movement ar foot to ADVOCATE depopulating the world (weaker position). One man, universally known historically as an outspoken crackpot, does not make a movement, IMO

Now, IF you feel you want to participate in this discussion, feel free to scroll back. Its free. Volunteerist, like most fanatics on thses forums, moves the goal posts once he is seriously challenged.

JOEL PASTAKIA

Mumbai, India

#36575 Jun 10, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

LOL.

You mean that this bloodthirsty Asura or Demon, who the Jews and Christians worship, demands that one day be set aside in the week when his followers should compulsorily pray to him so as to puff up his pride and megalomania.

LOL.
Voluntarist

Baltimore, MD

#36576 Jun 10, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the problems here is that you think we are having an argument.
There is no real argument on my side.
To have an argument, both people have to have conflicting views. I keep asking you what your view really is.
All I know is that you think Ted Turner is influential. I reported a long time ago that he did in fact make some comments, and I have opined that public speakers have audiences (Duh!).
So the question at hand is, what does this mean?
Are you trying to say that because Ted Turner makes controversial remarks that there is some popular global movement at foot to depopulate the world?
Because if that IS what you are getting at, I WOULD disagree with that. There is no evidence - and I am sorry - speeches at public forums are not strong evidence. Talk is cheap. Talk by media moguls is even cheaper.
Show me the money.
Yes there is an argument, I see that you are having trouble paying attention.

My statement was that there are powerful and influential people advocating for the elimination of population.

And you stated that was a crack pot conspiracy theory.
You are wrong, factually that is a true statement and Ted Turner is only 1 example.

Just like there are powerful people advancing the idea of a world government.

You do this all of the time, first you state that its a crack pot conspiracy theory and then you end up saying so what no big deal.
JOEL PASTAKIA

Mumbai, India

#36577 Jun 10, 2012
HUGH:

1) Whether you believe or don't believe, whether you pray or don't pray, whether you observe the shabbat or not, whether you sing his praises or not, whether you abuse your g-d or not, none of this counts and none of this will have any tangible or intangible effects in your life but at the same time i must warn you that perverse beliefs and the worshipping of a demon will warp your consciousness.

2) What counts is psychological and genetic soundness and karma in terms of being good, doing good, cultivating discrimination and restraint and compassion and selflessness and equanimity and resourcefulness and fair-mindedness and the like - these are the only measures of your true worth and capacity and these parameters will determine what will happen to you in keeping with the causal laws.

3) Beliefs count for nothing.

4) Here's a serious warning - if you put into practice the sinister aspects of your beliefs that derive from evil books like the Hebrew Bible then you will have to pay a very heavy price that will cause a great setback to the evolution of your psychic.

5) The laughable fact is that you have no real inner experiences or direct proof of the reality or of the nature of truth or of the essence of self and yet you keep making emphatic statements regarding beliefs based on scripture that are filled with evil.

So, take care....
Voluntarist

Baltimore, MD

#36578 Jun 10, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Ms Laziness, the question was never whether he was influential.
The question was whether there is an organized global movement at foot to depopulate the world (strongest position) or whether there is an organized global movement ar foot to ADVOCATE depopulating the world (weaker position). One man, universally known historically as an outspoken crackpot, does not make a movement, IMO
Now, IF you feel you want to participate in this discussion, feel free to scroll back. Its free. Volunteerist, like most fanatics on thses forums, moves the goal posts once he is seriously challenged.
You see how you can't pay attention, boy your ADD is in overdrive.

There are powerful AND influential people advancing ideas and promoting policy advocating for population reduction.

Many of these same people are also advocating for a world governing body / world government.
Very dangerous.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#36579 Jun 10, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Do some stretching in order to increase length.
You seem preoccupied with my man parts. Should I be flattered?
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
2. The ONLY foundation of Christianity is Jewish there is NO other foundation. All other foundations are LIES and DECEPTION and FRAUDULENT.
Agreed. Christianity clearly arose from Judaism. Just look at the Old Testament of the Christian bible.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Saturday is the sabboth for Jews;
Sunday for Christians.

I guess you're Jewish. Shalom.
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

#36582 Jun 10, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
You see how you can't pay attention, boy your ADD is in overdrive.
There are powerful AND influential people advancing ideas and promoting policy advocating for population reduction.
Many of these same people are also advocating for a world governing body / world government.
Very dangerous.
Evidence from a credible link, please

By the way, singular people making quotations do not make a movement
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

#36583 Jun 10, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes there is an argument, I see that you are having trouble paying attention.
My statement was that there are powerful and influential people advocating for the elimination of population.
And you stated that was a crack pot conspiracy theory.
You are wrong, factually that is a true statement and Ted Turner is only 1 example.
Just like there are powerful people advancing the idea of a world government.
You do this all of the time, first you state that its a crack pot conspiracy theory and then you end up saying so what no big deal.
Yes, perspective is obviously a challenge for you

Individuals do not matter. Movements matter.

Provide me with evidence of an existence of a One World GOvernment Movement Which Advocates for Extreme Methods for Population Reduction.
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

#36584 Jun 10, 2012
I'll even offer you a definition to work off of

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_movement

Social movements are a type of group action. They are large informal groupings of individuals or organizations which focus on specific political or social issues. In other words, they carry out, resist or undo a social change.

----------
NOTE : Informal "Groupings"
Voluntarist

Baltimore, MD

#36588 Jun 10, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence from a credible link, please
By the way, singular people making quotations do not make a movement
Lets narrow the issue now, you are like a prosecutor swaying the issue.

So you concede now there is 1 powerful influential person that believes in population reduction and elimination and also in a world government.
Voluntarist

Baltimore, MD

#36589 Jun 10, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, perspective is obviously a challenge for you
Individuals do not matter. Movements matter.
Provide me with evidence of an existence of a One World GOvernment Movement Which Advocates for Extreme Methods for Population Reduction.
No that isn't a challenge.

Movements are started by individuals.

But that isn't the argument nor my statement.
Voluntarist

Baltimore, MD

#36590 Jun 10, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
I'll even offer you a definition to work off of
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_movement
Social movements are a type of group action. They are large informal groupings of individuals or organizations which focus on specific political or social issues. In other words, they carry out, resist or undo a social change.
----------
NOTE : Informal "Groupings"
We can get into social groups as soon as you admit that my statement was correct.
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

#36591 Jun 10, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets narrow the issue now, you are like a prosecutor swaying the issue.
So you concede now there is 1 powerful influential person that believes in population reduction and elimination and also in a world government.
I can only concede if that was an argument I was participating in. You remind me of Don Quixote.

My issue from day one has "Whats your point?" Since you did not bring this into relevance, I went ahead and took the liberty of framing the issue for you.
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

#36592 Jun 10, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
No that isn't a challenge.
Movements are started by individuals.
But that isn't the argument nor my statement.
Show me evidence that there is such a movement. Or shut up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Orange Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
West Orange School Shooting??? 10 hr So Nasty and So R... 120
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 15 hr Bently 19,568
Let all Religions of the world come together.... Dec 23 Frances 2
Victim in Newark fatal shooting identified as 1... Dec 22 detective1 1
Bradley Stone cleared by Veterans Affairs docto... Dec 18 cletusbrown 1
Lets End Congress Dec 13 Obama wears BLACK... 2
Newark activists call on Obama to visit Ferguson Dec 13 Obama wears BLACK... 1

East Orange News Video

East Orange Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

East Orange People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

East Orange News, Events & Info