Tomstown Road fatality is 10th crash ...

Tomstown Road fatality is 10th crash in 4 years

There are 32 comments on the Public Opinion story from Jul 30, 2010, titled Tomstown Road fatality is 10th crash in 4 years. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

The crash on Tomstown Road in Quincy Township that killed a Waynesboro girl Thursday isn't the first to happen there - there have been 10 in four years - but it's the first fatality there in the five year span.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ship resident

Chambersburg, PA

#23 Jul 31, 2010
just my opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
she was texting..it was their and it was from mobile...its gone now..someone erased it yesterday..my child is her facebook friend..it was clearly there. too many people saw it..sorry for your luck and sorry for hers..texting and driving is not exceptable!!!!1
I seriously can not believe you are trying to hang this young girl out like she's the one at fault. RE-READ THE STORY and STOP trying to pin this on the victim!!
ship resident

Chambersburg, PA

#24 Jul 31, 2010
Just so there's no confusion...

"Robinson was the passenger in a Mitsubishi Eclipse that was traveling north on Tomstown Road when a southbound Pontiac GT driven by Mary E. Bonebrake, 53, of Mont Alto crossed the center line and hit the Eclipse head-on, according to Pennsylvania State Police"
mommaof5

Chambersburg, PA

#25 Jul 31, 2010
NO ONE REALLY KNOW'S THE TRUTH BUT THE PEOPLE THAT WHERE THERE AND I AM REALLY SORRY FOR BOTH FAMILYS BUT TO SIT HERE AND ASUME ALL KINDS OF THINGS U DONT EVEN KNOW. I DONT THINK THE FAMILYS WANT TO READ THESE COMMENTS. MARY MAY HAVE BEEN ON HER MEDS OR SHE MAY NOT HAVE BUT I WILL SAY I DONT BELIVE SHE WAS TXTING BUT PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES AND I AM SURE IF THIS WAS ANYONE OF UR FAMILY MEMBERS U WOULD NOT BE SAYIN ALL THIS CRAP THAT U DONT KNOW ABOUT. MY HART GOES OUT TO BOTH FAMILYS AND AM SORRY FOR THE FAMILY LOSS.

Since: Aug 10

Waynesboro, PA

#26 Aug 1, 2010
It has been confirmed by several family members of Mary E. Bonebrake that she in fact was under the influence of a prescription narcotic and had been given strict orders by her physician to refrain from operating motor vehicles while taking the drug. Whether or not her use of the medication was a factor in the collision, it remains that eyewitnesses and the Pennsylvania State Police confirm that Ms. Bonebrake crossed the double yellow line, entered the lane of oncoming traffic, stuck the Eclipse carrying the two teenagers and caused Angelena K. Robinson's death. An eyewitness also reported that Ms. Bonebrake collided with several mail boxes on Furnace Road (a common route from Mont Alto to Tomstown Road) directly before the accident on Tomstown Road occurred.

Accusations that the teenage occupants of the Eclipse had sent text messages from their mobile phones are entirely irrelevant. The article clearly states that it was Ms. Bonebrake's vehicle that crossed into the lane of oncoming traffic. The vehicle the teenagers occupied did not. It is despicable and shameful that anyone would attempt to shift the blame onto the two teenage victims of this horrible tragedy simply because they are young.

Of course it figures that the most ridiculous and contemptible comments about this article are authored by individuals who are unable to employ the most basic principles of spelling and grammar.
Oxy-moron

Shippensburg, PA

#27 Aug 1, 2010
See Chel Post wrote:
There is a difference between speeding and crossing the center lane.
I'm not sure if I know the area; did the accident occur at a curve? Any indication that she was swerving to avoid something? What about the other vehicle ~ did they leave skid?
Or is this woman going to be hung out because a kid died?
Full disclosure: I have quite a few speeding tickets, one as recent as three years ago. Just in case anyone wants ammunition.
I hate coming down that hill.....just as you are approaching the scene of the accident the angle of the road pulls you to the center. I always have to brake and hold on to the wheel. The road rolls inward at that area.
QueenMom

Hagerstown, MD

#28 Aug 2, 2010
Oxy-moron wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate coming down that hill.....just as you are approaching the scene of the accident the angle of the road pulls you to the center. I always have to brake and hold on to the wheel. The road rolls inward at that area.
Soooo, you slow down if you know the road is hard to handle.
And so what if the teen who died was texting? She WASN'T driving!!
Oxy-moron

Shippensburg, PA

#29 Aug 2, 2010
QueenMom wrote:
<quoted text>
Soooo, you slow down if you know the road is hard to handle.
And so what if the teen who died was texting? She WASN'T driving!!
What an idiotic reply. I doooooooooo slow down. I was just commenting on the poor road condition and the fact that it could contribute to an accident. Geeeesh.
MOM

Waynesboro, PA

#30 Sep 27, 2010
See Chel Post wrote:
There is a difference between speeding and crossing the center lane.
I'm not sure if I know the area; did the accident occur at a curve? Any indication that she was swerving to avoid something? What about the other vehicle ~ did they leave skid?
Or is this woman going to be hung out because a kid died?
Full disclosure: I have quite a few speeding tickets, one as recent as three years ago. Just in case anyone wants ammunition.
This KID was my daughter..If you have questions like this..go check the area yourself before posting your comment on the web..or get the facts rights..Mary Bonebrake crossed the line going 80mph if not faster coming down that hill. But please all means, go out to Tomstown and check for yourself and then write something on line...That kid was a 16 year old girl who had her life planned out for her and also to let you know she did not deserve to lay in that car for 5 or 6 hours after she died and letting the Public Opinion take photo of her under that sheet..That's KIDS name was ANGALENA..
MOM

Waynesboro, PA

#31 Sep 27, 2010
Nitro wrote:
The only thing I fault Mary for is not making that child buckle up in HER car. It is the law and this child's death could have been prevented.
Yes it is the law and I agree..Angalena wore her seat belt. If you look closer at the picture of her side of the car, you will see that it wouldnt of matter. Look and see where the front passenger side tire is...Look at the photo, see sheet...Angalena was still in the car....Also to let you know, Angalena was pushed back to the back seat and the was the car was, her seatbelt could of been cut..Get facts before posting..We raised our daughter to wear a seatbelt..

Since: Jul 10

Waynesboro, PA

#32 Sep 28, 2010
MOM wrote:
<quoted text>
This KID was my daughter
That's KIDS name was ANGALENA..
I have to ride past the crash site every single day (RT#997 is still down...ugg) and I am just now being able to go by with out crying so I can only image what the family is going through. If I a friend am still grieving, what do you people think all this talking and judging is doing to them. I am a friend but not that close of a friend to know what this is doing to them. What if this was your family??????

The world will never be the same without ANGALENA!
ANGALENA had such a great smile, personality, and energy about her. I will really miss her.

stephenie

United States

#33 May 14, 2012
MOM wrote:
<quoted text>
This KID was my daughter..If you have questions like this..go check the area yourself before posting your comment on the web..or get the facts rights..Mary Bonebrake crossed the line going 80mph if not faster coming down that hill. But please all means, go out to Tomstown and check for yourself and then write something on line...That kid was a 16 year old girl who had her life planned out for her and also to let you know she did not deserve to lay in that car for 5 or 6 hours after she died and letting the Public Opinion take photo of her under that sheet..That's KIDS name was ANGALENA..
amen this was a child taken from us to soon she will always be missed
stephenie

United States

#34 May 14, 2012
she will be missed always takin to soon from us

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Norriton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Busted on Boardwalk: Marchalk apprehended in Ne... Aug 28 ImTiredOf_It 19
News Fugitive of the Week: Paul William Witherite (Oct '14) Aug '17 GeneIsImpress 11
Mitchell Morgan (Morgan Properties) is a GONIF (Apr '12) Aug '17 becht is gonif 11
Pokemon GO Aug '17 soitcame 1
News , License: N/A, Created: 2017:07:21 09:25:58 Jul '17 JustDe 1
Life Time Fitness lifetime Fitness Jul '17 Fitni Bitni 1
Crunch Gym east norriton (Feb '17) Feb '17 Kim 3

East Norriton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

East Norriton Mortgages