Police: Stony Brook bartenders served...

Police: Stony Brook bartenders served liquor to minors -

There are 56 comments on the Newsday story from Aug 28, 2007, titled Police: Stony Brook bartenders served liquor to minors -. In it, Newsday reports that:

State liquor inspectors and Suffolk police raided a Stony Brook bar early Tuesday morning and arrested five bartenders for serving alcohol to minors, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Where to buddy?”

Since: Jun 07

Middle Island, NY

#43 Aug 28, 2007
cheers wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it was 19 to mix drinks (bartend) and 18 to serve (waiter/waitress)???
My mistake, it's under 18 can handle containers that HAD alcohol in them, ie glasses, bottles or cans, but under the supervision of someone 21 or older.

18 can bartend but supervised by someone 21 or older.
-Question

Englishtown, NJ

#44 Aug 28, 2007
Michael wrote:
Of course everyone seems to be missing the point that the bar serves an area near a giant state university and underage drunk driving kills and maimes people. I was forced off the road on campus before one such idiot slammed head on into an innocent person. The drunk, not wearing a seat belt, had his brains ripped out of his skull and died. The innocent person, who had just graduated from high school, lost his legs.
When did this happen? I never heard about this one.You would think this would have been all over the news around here...or is this just a case of how rumors get started?
Hookaz2-3

Ridge, NY

#45 Aug 28, 2007
What people dont realize is that people over 21 years old are issued bracelets to drink at this particular bar. Then apparently are selling their bracelets to minors. The bartenders were unaware they were serving minors becuase they were showing the bracelet at the bar when ordereing. The underage drinkers should have been the ones who were made an example of, not the hard-working bartenders just trying to make some extra money while dealing with obnoxious, drunk college kids.
Joe

Brooklyn, NY

#46 Aug 29, 2007
There is underage drinking at about every bar on long island. I am 24 and tired of running into 18 year olds in the bar.

“Where to buddy?”

Middle Island, NY

#47 Aug 29, 2007
Hookaz2-3 wrote:
What people dont realize is that people over 21 years old are issued bracelets to drink at this particular bar. Then apparently are selling their bracelets to minors. The bartenders were unaware they were serving minors becuase they were showing the bracelet at the bar when ordereing. The underage drinkers should have been the ones who were made an example of, not the hard-working bartenders just trying to make some extra money while dealing with obnoxious, drunk college kids.
What you don't realize, is that those bracelets you speak of, can not be removed and then
re-attatched. They're a one time use only bracelet.

“Where to buddy?”

Middle Island, NY

#48 Aug 29, 2007
Joe wrote:
There is underage drinking at about every bar on long island. I am 24 and tired of running into 18 year olds in the bar.
So, how many of these 18 y/o's do you mention to the barstaff?

Majority of the bars I park outside of to get some customers turn away a large amount of minors at the door.

If the bar you're hanging out in doesn't care about minors being inside I would find a better place to hang out in.
Taz1023

Milford, CT

#49 Sep 4, 2007
Cabby821 wrote:
<quoted text>
What you don't realize, is that those bracelets you speak of, can not be removed and then
re-attatched. They're a one time use only bracelet.
Actually the can be removed when the braclet gets put on someones wrist it isn't always put on tight enough that it can't be slipped off and they are only made of paper and it does give a bit so one time use or not if there's a will theres a way.
Larrys Question

Riverhead, NY

#50 Sep 4, 2007
What about the prostitution ring run out of the place.....that's what sparked the investigation isn't it?
tex

Killeen, TX

#51 Sep 4, 2007
NYer for life wrote:
John Smith wrote "More Idiots. I think it is time to move out of New York Finally."
Of course this never happens in TX.
Sounds like a former NYer who is still trying to justify leaving, or someone who is jealous of NY as the greatest metro area in the world, despite it's flaws.
Define "greatest"....I think you meant 'greediest".
Cardio Logic

Medford, NY

#52 Sep 5, 2007
Larrys Question wrote:
What about the prostitution ring run out of the place.....that's what sparked the investigation isn't it?
This seems to be true. My neighbor told me about this a couple of weeks ago. He met a girl who took him outside, serviced him and told him it would be $. All this time he thought he scored! It's a joke.
Kelly

AOL

#53 Dec 7, 2007
I was set up in a sting to catch underage drinkers at the banquet facility I work for. I was caught serving a drink to a guy who looked at least 30 to me but ws 17!! What can happen to me and the establishment?
Richard Gere

Huntington, NY

#54 Dec 7, 2007
Kelly wrote:
I was set up in a sting to catch underage drinkers at the banquet facility I work for. I was caught serving a drink to a guy who looked at least 30 to me but ws 17!! What can happen to me and the establishment?
As long as you have knee pads, nothing will happen honey.
Midas

Huntington, NY

#55 Dec 7, 2007
Cardio Logic wrote:
<quoted text>This seems to be true. My neighbor told me about this a couple of weeks ago. He met a girl who took him outside, serviced him and told him it would be $. All this time he thought he scored! It's a joke.
Are you sure he wasn't talking about the time he took his car to Jiffy Lube?
Underage Drinker

Hauppauge, NY

#56 Dec 7, 2007
I'm 17 and I like to drink so I am getting a kick out of these replies.
Jerimiah Jackson

Englishtown, NJ

#57 Dec 8, 2007
Larrys Question wrote:
Stony Brook, says it all! Do they still run "scores" nights in the dorms?
Erasmus

Burke, VA

#58 Dec 8, 2007
NYer for life wrote:
John Smith wrote "More Idiots. I think it is time to move out of New York Finally."
Of course this never happens in TX.
Sounds like a former NYer who is still trying to justify leaving, or someone who is jealous of NY as the greatest metro area in the world, despite it's flaws.
Travel a bit.

You'll find it broadening.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Moriches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mastic Beach or Ghetto Beach? (Feb '11) 1 hr Ghetto dump 85
Hpf (Sep '13) Jul 21 Thomas 4
Danny Fred flintstone (Aug '13) Jul 19 JAYTHEMAN 14
How to piss off that rag Newsday (Aug '14) Jul 17 Tobar the eighth man 29
Son Beaten by Riverhead Jail Sargent (Jan '09) Jul 17 SLAUS 177
News Moriches Man Charged With Home Improvement Scam (Feb '11) Jul 16 Guilty Dave 15
crybabies won't stop complaining. Jul 16 Loza 16

East Moriches Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

East Moriches Mortgages