Police: Stony Brook bartenders served liquor to minors -

There are 20 comments on the Aug 28, 2007, Newsday story titled Police: Stony Brook bartenders served liquor to minors -. In it, Newsday reports that:

State liquor inspectors and Suffolk police raided a Stony Brook bar early Tuesday morning and arrested five bartenders for serving alcohol to minors, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Realsit

New York, NY

#1 Aug 28, 2007
Even one of the bartenders was underage?
JOHN SMITH

San Antonio, TX

#2 Aug 28, 2007
More Idiots.

I think it is time to move out of New York Finally.
Liz

Bronxville, NY

#3 Aug 28, 2007
Realsit wrote:
Even one of the bartenders was underage?
If I remember correctly, you can be as young as 18 to serve alcohol.
Boozer

United States

#4 Aug 28, 2007
I am under age and drink in a bar every night, when I wake up in the morning with a strange girl in my bed I realize it's time to stop.

Since: Feb 07

Brentwood, NY

#5 Aug 28, 2007
They really need to find another way to phrase that charge. A bartender mistaking a 19 year old for a 21 year old shouldn't be called "unlawfully dealing with a child".
Bellport Baby

Sayville, NY

#6 Aug 28, 2007
Whats really sad about the whole situation is the owner will get slapped on the wrists and be business as usual in no time. this happens everywhere. they either get no reprimand or, if they are strangly closed, they re-open in a week under a different name!
WHOLESTORY

Hoboken, NJ

#7 Aug 28, 2007
Maybe the people drinking had fake id or used someone else's id. They didn't say whether or not the person was even asked for ID. They are wrong if they did not id them, but if they did and they showed valid believable proof, it's not their fault...it is the underage drinkers fault for putting them into that position
thar she blows

Astoria, NY

#8 Aug 28, 2007
what size kegs are we talkin about?
NYer for life

New Hyde Park, NY

#9 Aug 28, 2007
John Smith wrote "More Idiots. I think it is time to move out of New York Finally."
Of course this never happens in TX.
Sounds like a former NYer who is still trying to justify leaving, or someone who is jealous of NY as the greatest metro area in the world, despite it's flaws.
Michael

Bronx, NY

#10 Aug 28, 2007
Of course everyone seems to be missing the point that the bar serves an area near a giant state university and underage drunk driving kills and maimes people. I was forced off the road on campus before one such idiot slammed head on into an innocent person. The drunk, not wearing a seat belt, had his brains ripped out of his skull and died. The innocent person, who had just graduated from high school, lost his legs.
former LIer

Saint Petersburg, FL

#11 Aug 28, 2007
What do the underaged drinkers get charged with?(or should we wait until they drive home and kill someone on the road by DUI?)

“Where to buddy?”

Since: Jun 07

Middle Island, NY

#12 Aug 28, 2007
Liz wrote:
<quoted text>
If I remember correctly, you can be as young as 18 to serve alcohol.
17 but under the supervision of an adult 21 or older.
JOHN SMITH

San Antonio, TX

#13 Aug 28, 2007
No jerk off, I still live in NY.

I am succesful, and like it here. But that does not mean that I dont think about leaving it sometimes.

Just that here, on this forum, I can speak with no regrets to the way I feel. With my job and position, I have to play it safe every day.

JC
Juan

Sunnyside, NY

#14 Aug 28, 2007
JOHN SMITH wrote:
More Idiots.
I think it is time to move out of New York Finally.
Looks like you already moved????
....and you moved to Texas, which will be the first state taken over by the Mexicans very soon!.
New York Groove

Stony Brook, NY

#15 Aug 28, 2007
You can be 18 and bartend as long as there is someone 21 or older willing to assume the responsibility of the bartender. It is always the bartenders responsibility to check ID. The "doorman" will not be arrested, the bartender will. The only acceptable forms of ID are a NYS drivers license or non driver ID that is issued by DMV, a passport, or a military ID. If the patron is from another state, the owner of the establishment can request a BOLS book and it shows color photos of all the drivers licenses issued in the US. I have been bartending for 18 years and I have managed not to get arrested for serving anyone underaged. As for the owner of the establishment, he will fined by the State Liquor Authority, and those fines are not small!!.

“Where to buddy?”

Since: Jun 07

Middle Island, NY

#16 Aug 28, 2007
WHOLESTORY wrote:
Maybe the people drinking had fake id or used someone else's id. They didn't say whether or not the person was even asked for ID. They are wrong if they did not id them, but if they did and they showed valid believable proof, it's not their fault...it is the underage drinkers fault for putting them into that position
Could also have been a sting. Happens a lot.
Winner

Jericho, NY

#17 Aug 28, 2007
Someone forgot their yearly bribe, uh I mean campaign donations.
Juan

Sunnyside, NY

#18 Aug 28, 2007
Sorry "John Smith" wasn't expecting a New Yorker to have a Server in Texas!!! so I apologize.
yes

Moorestown, NJ

#19 Aug 28, 2007
You mean to tell me the were people under 21 drinking at a bar in a college town? I am sure the bouncers turned down even the cute girls if their ID looked fake.
promo

AOL

#20 Aug 28, 2007
tough start to a new season

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Moriches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does Trustee Anderson Have an illegal Apartment ? 2 hr Anonymous 11
Anderson is a Real Johnson 3 hr The Grammar Police 22
News Mastic Beach Village employee claims in police ... 3 hr Really Brady 35
Where is fat frankies new truck 5 hr Really Brady 2
dion hampton is a hack 13 hr hodoo 32
where did you go wendy Sun villager 7
cam slave wanted (Apr '14) Apr 24 Badtothebone 30
More from around the web

East Moriches People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE