Mastic Water Front Community
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
What community

Saint Petersburg, FL

#32 Jan 3, 2014
Mastic Beach Road wrote:
This is the water front community of Mastic Beach. Nothing but derelict boats and a boat grave yard. I think homeless live there in the winter!This photo was really taken in "mastic beach"!


There are no "communities" in Suffolk County , most people don't even know there neighbors 3 or 4 houses down from where they have lived for 20 years. Most other places in the USA are not like this.

I read the hate in the long Island forums, of course there is hate, its always a struggle cause the state and local govt is always ripping you all off.

The best thing you can do is move away, trust me its better, alot better in most places.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#33 Jan 4, 2014
What community wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no "communities" in Suffolk County , most people don't even know there neighbors 3 or 4 houses down from where they have lived for 20 years. Most other places in the USA are not like this.
I read the hate in the long Island forums, of course there is hate, its always a struggle cause the state and local govt is always ripping you all off.
The best thing you can do is move away, trust me its better, alot better in most places.
I disagree with you. I know well over 200 people in MBV because I get involved, rather than just staying in the house all day. You make a community by making friends and by helping others. And the poster you were responding to is notoriously anti-MBV and is known as a troll who has sadistic enjoyment by making negative posts.
no escape

Mastic Beach, NY

#34 Jan 4, 2014
What community wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no "communities" in Suffolk County , most people don't even know there neighbors 3 or 4 houses down from where they have lived for 20 years. Most other places in the USA are not like this.
I read the hate in the long Island forums, of course there is hate, its always a struggle cause the state and local govt is always ripping you all off.
The best thing you can do is move away, trust me its better, alot better in most places.
MB - With all the subsidized tenants moving in, moving out, moving in with each other, going back to jail, etc. it's hard to know your neighbors because they are constantly changing. They don't want to know you either. You can move away, but you will not escape it. An era of transience coming from all walks of life, acceleration due to collapsing economy.
toothfairy

Mastic Beach, NY

#35 Jan 4, 2014
no escape wrote:
<quoted text>
MB - With all the subsidized tenants moving in, moving out, moving in with each other, going back to jail, etc. it's hard to know your neighbors because they are constantly changing. They don't want to know you either. You can move away, but you will not escape it. An era of transience coming from all walks of life, acceleration due to collapsing economy.
I love my neighbors. The whole block makes a full set of teeth.
Brady

Buffalo, NY

#36 Jan 4, 2014
My man Vick has removable teeth. Thats why I married him. Can you say 'gum jobs'?
Brady

Shirley, NY

#37 Jan 9, 2014
So I get this email forwarded to me from a friend. It's a trustee candidate who wants to make MBV have a summer rental incentive and he wants to charge other renters a higher permit fee. MBV already charges more than Brookhaven, and MBV has a 1 year permit vs Town which has 18 months. I was wondering how much Bruce wants to charge and I found his article from the summer...$2,500 per rental. While I applaud the idea of cracking down on problem rentals, I don't believe opening the village to charges of discrimination or inequitable treatment is justified.

http://www.masticbeachvillagecrier.com/1/post...
Kook aid drinker luv Gary

Manorville, NY

#38 Jan 9, 2014
Brady wrote:
So I get this email forwarded to me from a friend. It's a trustee candidate who wants to make MBV have a summer rental incentive and he wants to charge other renters a higher permit fee. MBV already charges more than Brookhaven, and MBV has a 1 year permit vs Town which has 18 months. I was wondering how much Bruce wants to charge and I found his article from the summer...$2,500 per rental. While I applaud the idea of cracking down on problem rentals, I don't believe opening the village to charges of discrimination or inequitable treatment is justified.
http://www.masticbeachvillagecrier.com/1/post...
so then run or keep quiet. Who cares what you "think". I want to hear from the candidates, not you.
And when is Gary going to show his permits for the work done at his marina? Maura asked, then foiled for them MONTHS ago! She went in, filled out the forms, and nothing. Looks like the vision team has many things to hide.
Brady

Shirley, NY

#39 Jan 9, 2014
Kook aid drinker luv Gary wrote:
<quoted text>so then run or keep quiet. Who cares what you "think". I want to hear from the candidates, not you.
And when is Gary going to show his permits for the work done at his marina? Maura asked, then foiled for them MONTHS ago! She went in, filled out the forms, and nothing. Looks like the vision team has many things to hide.
I think you are being disrespectful towards me. I have every right to state my opinion, even if it differs from yours. It seems every time someone posts an idea, you think it entitles you to belittle or insult them. Well, I just disagreed with Bruce and I think you would have to agree I did it respectfully. I assume you will now politely tell me to go fuck myself. If you want respect you will get it, if you don't, you won't.
Kook aid

Manorville, NY

#40 Jan 9, 2014
Brady wrote:
<quoted text>I think you are being disrespectful towards me. I have every right to state my opinion, even if it differs from yours. It seems every time someone posts an idea, you think it entitles you to belittle or insult them. Well, I just disagreed with Bruce and I think you would have to agree I did it respectfully. I assume you will now politely tell me to go fuck myself. If you want respect you will get it, if you don't, you won't.
how? How did I "disrespect" you by saying I don't care what you think? For three years now when ever someone make a comment about about how aweful the village is run, YOU and all the village yes men say then run for office. Well, unless you are running for office, I don't give two craps about how you think the village should be run. Leave it to the Candidates. And there is no need for the f word, kids may be reading these. Grow up and have some self respect for yourself. But yes, I don't care what you think. Neither does anyone else. Oh, except Vikkie.
Juan Carlos

Shirley, NY

#41 Jan 9, 2014
Kook aid wrote:
<quoted text>how? How did I "disrespect" you by saying I don't care what you think? For three years now when ever someone make a comment about about how aweful the village is run, YOU and all the village yes men say then run for office. Well, unless you are running for office, I don't give two craps about how you think the village should be run. Leave it to the Candidates. And there is no need for the f word, kids may be reading these. Grow up and have some self respect for yourself. But yes, I don't care what you think. Neither does anyone else. Oh, except Vikkie.
I care !!
wow

Mastic Beach, NY

#42 Jan 9, 2014
Brady wrote:
So I get this email forwarded to me from a friend. It's a trustee candidate who wants to make MBV have a summer rental incentive and he wants to charge other renters a higher permit fee. MBV already charges more than Brookhaven, and MBV has a 1 year permit vs Town which has 18 months. I was wondering how much Bruce wants to charge and I found his article from the summer...$2,500 per rental. While I applaud the idea of cracking down on problem rentals, I don't believe opening the village to charges of discrimination or inequitable treatment is justified.
http://www.masticbeachvillagecrier.com/1/post...
I smell lawsuits. Good luck to them with that idea.
Kook aid

Manorville, NY

#43 Jan 10, 2014
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
I smell lawsuits. Good luck to them with that idea.
wasn't it Frank F that suggested we raise the rental permit to 10,000 dollars?
cant stop laughing

Mastic Beach, NY

#44 Jan 10, 2014
Brady wrote:
So I get this email forwarded to me from a friend. It's a trustee candidate who wants to make MBV have a summer rental incentive and he wants to charge other renters a higher permit fee. MBV already charges more than Brookhaven, and MBV has a 1 year permit vs Town which has 18 months. I was wondering how much Bruce wants to charge and I found his article from the summer...$2,500 per rental. While I applaud the idea of cracking down on problem rentals, I don't believe opening the village to charges of discrimination or inequitable treatment is justified.
http://www.masticbeachvillagecrier.com/1/post...
actually what was written was that it should be cheaper to get a permit for a summer rental than a full year rental.
Kook aid

Manorville, NY

#45 Jan 10, 2014
cant stop laughing wrote:
<quoted text>actually what was written was that it should be cheaper to get a permit for a summer rental than a full year rental.
remember, none of them actually read. They see it's from Bruce and decide its all lies. I mean come on guys, it's not like he's Gary.
Not Fred the Crook

Shirley, NY

#46 Jan 10, 2014
cant stop laughing wrote:
<quoted text>actually what was written was that it should be cheaper to get a permit for a summer rental than a full year rental.
"You set the year round rental permit rate at $2,500 or more while setting the summer rental at $250." Now who is lying?
Kook aid

Manorville, NY

#47 Jan 10, 2014
Not Fred the Crook wrote:
<quoted text>"You set the year round rental permit rate at $2,500 or more while setting the summer rental at $250." Now who is lying?
exactly. You just proved that they aren't lying. Year long rental are more then summer rentals. I thing you need to go back and actually READ what has been stated. Don't be a "Brady". Get the real truth.
Not Fred the Crook

Shirley, NY

#48 Jan 10, 2014
$2,500.00. For a rental permit, Bruce must be hitting the pipe. As far as summer rentals, ask Hampton Bay's hope that's working out...
Kook aid

Manorville, NY

#49 Jan 10, 2014
Not Fred the Crook wrote:
$2,500.00. For a rental permit, Bruce must be hitting the pipe. As far as summer rentals, ask Hampton Bay's hope that's working out...
wasn't that post from a year and a half ago? And he wasn't even a trustee and you guys are commenting like he was trying to make it a law. Whatever. It was a SUGGESTION.

Oh right, you all care more about what Bruce writes in a blog than what our current trustees are lying about or how many family members they hire. Got it.
Not Fred the Crook

Shirley, NY

#50 Jan 10, 2014
I wouldn't believe you if you published your story in the South Shore Press. Point being Bruce wants to punish legal rental property owners who follow the rules because he doesn't like their kind. I guess that's why he is a member of the Property OWNERS.
Kook aid

Manorville, NY

#51 Jan 10, 2014
Not Fred the Crook wrote:
I wouldn't believe you if you published your story in the South Shore Press. Point being Bruce wants to punish legal rental property owners who follow the rules because he doesn't like their kind. I guess that's why he is a member of the Property OWNERS.
and Frank F wants the code enforcers to have quotas and have MORE residents pay fines to fund the village. I would rather see owners of rentals who allow sec 8 pay more then have homeowners fined because their grass is too high one week. Or they didn't pay the village for the privilege of keeping a camper on their property. Face it, the village loves renters and sec8 owners. It's how they make money. And isn't that what the vision team said they wanted to focus on??? More FAMILIES buying in MB as opposed to more RENTERS and sec8??????

Gee guys, stick with one lie at a time, you're all getting confused on which one to believe. Whatever. Go and vote for Frank. At least he'll get two votes then.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Moriches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why brucie doesn't pay taxes 55 min hoo doo you think... 27
Thank god for trump 20 hr Chad Lackey 5
bamboo invasion in masticbeach Fri georga boy 2
Guardian Angels Aug 27 11951 Rat Dog 14
Crimes in Mastic Beach Aug 27 Liar 19
Marina 1 For Sale Aug 27 Liar 22
hey Aug 27 Really Brady 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

East Moriches Mortgages