Head-on collision closes Montauk Highway

Head-on collision closes Montauk Highway

There are 2 comments on the Newsday.com story from Aug 24, 2006, titled Head-on collision closes Montauk Highway. In it, Newsday.com reports that:

A head-on collision closed down Montauk Highway in both directions for part of the morning commute between the Moriches bypass and Route 51 in East Moriches, Suffolk County Police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.com.

Boosclma

Bridgeport, CT

#1 Aug 27, 2006
There SHOULD BE a traffic light there!
Blah

Port Jefferson Station, NY

#2 Aug 27, 2006
The intersection from moriches to sunrise is like this. only there is a light up now, but for some reason i'll run into someone on the wrong side of the highway. for some reason ppl seem to think its a one way street when you come in from sunrise. ive stopped 2 people and yelled at them, telling them theyre on the wrong side of the road and theyre going to get hit,,, they say, but i have to go this way. i reel up my window and shake my head. wrong side of the road.... and i dont know why. its like stupidity on there part... but its not just a few times, i see it a lot, and when i try to help them get out of dangers way, they look at me like im crazy. on sunrise service where so many have died b/c of this phenomenom of driving on the wrong side of the road.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Moriches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mastic Beach or Ghetto Beach? (Feb '11) 5 hr Badtothebone 90
Vick Zeelany 5 hr Badtothebone 2
horse boarding (Jan '13) Oct 13 Jennifer 58
Sal "The Voice" Valentinetti Debuts #1 on ITUNES Sep 29 Dave 3
A holes not in charge of village, no tickets at... Sep 19 mbisgreat 16
News Moriches Man Charged With Home Improvement Scam (Feb '11) Aug '17 raphan disbarred 17
tob Aug '17 hoo do you think ... 3

East Moriches Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

East Moriches Mortgages