Brookhaven, Suffolk preserve 30-acre E. Moriches farm

There are 24 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 14, 2008, titled Brookhaven, Suffolk preserve 30-acre E. Moriches farm. In it, Newsday reports that:

A 30.7-acre track of meadow and wetlands in East Moriches has been turned into an open space preserve, Brookhaven Town and Suffolk County officials announced Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
You are all diseased

Washington, DC

#24 Jan 15, 2008
Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong. You can go out enjoy any county or state land...
If you're willing to pay the price. If you're willing to put up with the "rules"....

If you paid all the fees and permits found on good ol' LI, you'd have to pay more than $200 a year to walk "freely" into any park on Long Island. And even after paying you couldn't get into any park you may want to visit.

State restrictions, County restrictions, Township restrictions, Village restrictions.

Then of course, there are all of the stupid rules. You can;t ride a bike in some parks. None of the parks will allow you in them after dark unless you've paid through the nose to camp in certain parks. You can't even legally sit on the beach and watch the sunset/sunrise undistrurbed.

Boy oh boy, am I glad I'm living in a place where I can pay all these stinking taxes and not have full access to enjoy these places you are so proud of here on LI.

I don;t know what kind of happy pills your popping, but next time bring enough for all of us to enjoy.

dot-dot-dot-dash-dash-dash-dot -dot-dot. The whole country is burning down around you and you idiots are worried about open space and bike paths.

wake up and solve some real problems, moron.
tired of it

Morristown, NJ

#25 Jan 15, 2008
WHAT ABOUT THE DELEA SOD FARM IN SHOREHAM!?!?!?!?!?
tired of it

Morristown, NJ

#26 Jan 15, 2008
Home Builder wrote:
I own a very large Home Builders company on Long Island. I want to tell you all that while preserving land sounds nice and all your taxes will go up because there will be more people regardless and no more paying into the system. What is needed is more homes or corporate shopping locations to compensate. The inevitable will happen and homes and shopping centers will be built if not by me then someone else. It's not just the money for me but my childrens future and I have to be honest when I say that I would pave over every tree and every blade of grass on long island tomorrow if I could. Wake up Long Islanders.
Why don't you take your money and retire. Leave Long Island alone. It's already overpopulated.
NIMBY Island

Trumbull, CT

#28 Jan 15, 2008
tired of it wrote:
WHAT ABOUT THE DELEA SOD FARM IN SHOREHAM!?!?!?!?!?
When DeLea is done stripping all the top soil off the land, it will be turned into another cheesy housing development.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Moriches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Main Street MBV 15 min MBV Resident 4
Anderson Nay's at the meeting 13 hr hoo doo you think... 24
Neighorhood Road looking real sad Fri hodoo 7
Go Mastic Beach Advocate!!! Thu MBV Lover 27
Betty I thought you were conservative? Thu 11951 Rat Dog 41
Betty, Betty, Betty Thu hodoo 18
Congratulations Mr. Daly Thu hodoo 21
More from around the web

East Moriches People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE