|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2014

Judged:

Really Brady wrote:
<quoted text>Funny YOU used the word DARK, was that a Freudian slip? The answer is NO, I don't want them by me. But not because of their race or nationality. I am not blind to the fact that most addicts are probably white like me. I don't want drugged out zombies being placed on my block.
I also don't want ex-criminals being placed into half-way houses. I believe if the County had it's way, they would BUS in released criminals from all the other towns in Suffolk and place them in MBV if they thought they could get away with it. And, I don't need any more buses to worry about.
Really, for this I am now being called a racist? Yeah right. I love how all you elitist snobs claim you want to rid MBV. Of all the "undesirables". Surely, that's not code for something else? You should lock your doors to protect yourself from all the crackheads, drug dealers, felons, gang members and oh my god the village supporters.

Warm up the bus dammit.
land of the slaves

Mastic, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2014

And there it goes . Re-vamp the foley property or put it on the hill . What a cheep shot KATE . Put it in your neighborhood .

Since: Apr 09

Manorville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2014

Judged:

I love Kate!
hoodo

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2014

Really Brady wrote:
<quoted text>Really, for this I am now being called a racist? Yeah right. I love how all you elitist snobs claim you want to rid MBV. Of all the "undesirables". Surely, that's not code for something else? You should lock your doors to protect yourself from all the crackheads, drug dealers, felons, gang members and oh my god the village supporters.
Warm up the bus dammit.
Really Brady,Really you Really seem to be coming undone. lost in a fog ,disoriented. Slow down look around your village,this is what you see people who take care of the property and people who don't And the people who don't go on doing what they want to.An no one really cleans it up. And the Village government either does nothing or very little. Many of the undesirables live in these houses.Umm,K

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2014

Judged:

hoodo wrote:
<quoted text> Really Brady,Really you Really seem to be coming undone. lost in a fog ,disoriented. Slow down look around your village,this is what you see people who take care of the property and people who don't And the people who don't go on doing what they want to.An no one really cleans it up. And the Village government either does nothing or very little. Many of the undesirables live in these houses.Umm,K
I consider YOU an undesirable. First you chastise the village for enforcing minor violations, and then you say they should issue more.
Devils advocate

East Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2014

Keep up the good work Kate!
One of you is better than the gang of idiots we have in office in MB.
hoodo

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2014

One again Really Brady Rae of sunshine the brainless has spoken.Yes screw harassing people who take care of their places. Concentrate on the real problems. And as you can notice most people feel your are an idiot and an undesirable.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2014

hoodo wrote:
One again Really Brady Rae of sunshine the brainless has spoken.Yes screw harassing people who take care of their places. Concentrate on the real problems. And as you can notice most people feel your are an idiot and an undesirable.
HS Dropout or GED, you can't write worth anything.

The time has come.
hoodo

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2014

Judged:

Oh my! are you trying to hurt my feelings.Well it's not working. Because I do not value your opinion on any level. "The time has come " For you go silent once again so the grownups can't discuss the demise of the Village Vision Team era. Ba Bye
land of the slaves

Mastic, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jun 23

Put the sober homes on the hill , one independence farmingville, so they can be monitored by the inventors and a much better place to be away from neighborhoods trying to clean up areas in distress already . Sober homes don't work in low taxed towns . It only works for the politicians . They would be better off in higher taxed areas where anything out of the ordinary would be noticed by those of a different calaber of intellect and financial support and the real cleansing of mind body and spirit , and that will only come from better neighborhoods . The foley building would have been perfect, divided into apartments . Maybe something like that should be approached for constuction jobs and a community property venture to improve employment and well being on the island and bring realestate back up to parr .
land of the slaves

Mastic, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jun 23

Judged:

Why do the politicians keep directing to low taxed areas for sober homes . It does not work and they know it . Look at history in any low taxed area - it's all downtown then NO town . Policy and proceedure needs more of a clinical surrounding . Not a dumping zone in already distressed neighborhoods with mutipal administrator salaries with nursuries and rehab facilities . This is not an offer for a future but for a sad ending for already retired fix income seinors but a hand full for working families in the village .
truth is

Brandon, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jun 26

Sober Homes wrote:
Suffolk County is looking for qualified treatment providers to run sober homes that can be regulated by local officials, and the monthly payment rate has been doubled as a major enticement.
The move last week marks the second time the county's Department of Social Services has tried to get established substance-abuse treatment centers to also run "transitional recovery" homes for people leaving inpatient programs.
The first request for qualifications, or RFQ, last year offered $500 a month per client, but had costly requirements, such as 24-hour house supervision.
advertisement | advertise on newsday
No eligible providers responded, said Legis. Kate Browning, head of the Suffolk Sober Home Oversight Board, a panel of substance abuse experts, lawmakers and recovery advocates.
Now the county is offering up to $990 per client and has changed the supervision requirement to just nighttime hours.
"We have an understanding of what their needs are ... to be able to stay in the black," Browning (WF-Shirley) said. "Hopefully, now with this new RFQ, we'll have better responses."
For years, county officials and addiction experts have been trying to find a way to locally regulate sober homes, which are often overcrowded and filled with illicit drugs.
Browning said some of the homes prey on vulnerable people who are "at the lowest point of their life."
Beyond the pilot program, the county gives DSS clients $309 per month for rent, or $475 per month for rent and board.
Those payments haven't increased since the early 1970s, when the rate was set by the state Office for Temporary and Disability Assistance. Because of Long Island's high rents, a half-dozen people or more have been forced to share a room in some sober homes, officials said.
Because sober homes aren't regulated by the county, almost anyone can open one and pack them with DSS clients, offer no treatment services, and collect the rent checks, Browning and other critics say.
The plan is to weed out "unscrupulous" operators by offering more money to those who keep clean, well-managed homes, while allowing the county to closely monitor them.
"So many people have fallen through the cracks because they don't have a safe, supportive, sober place to live when they come out of treatment," said Richard Buckman, president of the Long Island Recovery Association.
As a pilot program, the RFQ only provides for 45 initial beds. House operators will be given more money per client based on services offered, such as transportation.
But there are rules: Residents can't stay in a home for more than a year, and each home has to be within a mile of public transportation. House operators must submit to random inspections, and the house must have a zero-tolerance policy toward drugs and alcohol. There must be a curfew for residents, and applicants have to submit a detailed floor plan, including the maximum number of people who will live there.

http://www.newsday.com/news/health/suffolk-do...
"There must be a curfew for residents"

Addiction, substance abuse disorder, is a mental illness in the DSM V, a disability.

Persons with disabilities are entitled to exercise their civil, political, social, economic and cultural rights on an equal basis with others. Disability summarizes a great number of different functional limitations occurring in any population. People may be disabled by physical, intellectual or sensory impairment, medical conditions or mental illness.

The next thing Suffolk will want to do is say people in wheelchairs must obey a curfew too.

And as long as civil rights violations and discrimination is the new norm how about a curfew for certain ethnic groups the govt decides are unfit to have them ?
truth is

Brandon, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jun 26

Judged:

"There must be a curfew for residents"

How about violating the civil rights of all people with disabilities ?

Next people in wheelchairs are not allowed out at certain times !

Persons with disabilities are entitled to exercise their civil, political, social, economic and cultural rights on an equal basis with others. Disability "summarizes a great number of different functional limitations occurring in any population in any country of the world. People may be disabled by physical, intellectual or sensory impairment, medical conditions or mental illness.

The Fair Housing Act, as amended in 1988, prohibits housing discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, familial status, and national origin. Its coverage includes private housing, housing that receives Federal financial assistance, and State and local government housing. It is unlawful to discriminate in any aspect of selling or renting housing or to deny a dwelling to a buyer or renter because of the disability of that individual, an individual associated with the buyer or renter, or an individual who intends to live in the residence. Other covered activities include, for example, financing, zoning practices, new construction design, and advertising.

You go Suffolk !
truth is

Brandon, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jun 26

Judged:

Someone gave me the red X for pointing out that substance abuse disorders are classified as a mental illness in the DSM 5 and covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act !

The ADA is a wide-ranging civil rights law that prohibits discrimination based on disability. It affords similar protections against discrimination to Americans with disabilities as the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which made discrimination based on race, religion, sex, national origin, and other characteristics illegal.

LOL ! People with disabilities have to obey a curfew and be subject special housing discrimination ?

LOL that's so funny !

Did these civic's even go to civics class or were they in special ed ??
hoo doo you think you are

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jun 26

Judged:

that is really brady signaling an unwritten presence of his still exists.
truth is

Brandon, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jun 26

hoo doo you think you are wrote:
that is really brady signaling an unwritten presence of his still exists.
Im not your pal really brady, but this thread "sober homes" had me ROTF with laughter !

The Federal Housing Administration and Fair Employment and Housing Act prohibit governmental agencies from making zoning or land use decisions that discriminate against individuals with disabilities !!!
hoo doo you think you are

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jun 26

Judged:

truth is wrote:
<quoted text>
Im not your pal really brady, but this thread "sober homes" had me ROTF with laughter !
The Federal Housing Administration and Fair Employment and Housing Act prohibit governmental agencies from making zoning or land use decisions that discriminate against individuals with disabilities !!!
but you see, the truth is really brady has no problem with some village officials bending or breaking the law. brady even goes to the extent of trying to justify it when any of his good friends in the village show a blatant disregard for the law.
land of the slaves

Mastic, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Saturday Jun 28

The truth is there is no truth . When someone tells the truth it has to be bent a shaped to fit the laws . Ask any lawyer . Then you just have to work out a price , or barder .
F hole

East Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Saturday Jun 28

truth is wrote:
Someone gave me the red X for pointing out that substance abuse disorders are classified as a mental illness in the DSM 5 and covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act !
The ADA is a wide-ranging civil rights law that prohibits discrimination based on disability. It affords similar protections against discrimination to Americans with disabilities as the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which made discrimination based on race, religion, sex, national origin, and other characteristics illegal.
LOL ! People with disabilities have to obey a curfew and be subject special housing discrimination ?
LOL that's so funny !
Did these civic's even go to civics class or were they in special ed ??
what "civic" are you talking about idiot? There are no CIVIC's in charge of any form of government. You have an issue with the law or code? Take it up with the local GOVERNMENT dummy. Truth is... You're an idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of46
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

East Moriches News Video

•••
•••

East Moriches Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

East Moriches People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE