Newsday columnist loses battle with cancer

Full story: Newsday

Lauren Terrazzano, a tenacious Newsday reporter whose wide-ranging work documented lapses in society's treatment of the elderly and foster children and finally explored her own battle with lung cancer, died ...
Comments
321 - 323 of 323 Comments Last updated Aug 8, 2008
First Prev
of 17
Next Last
Lucille

West Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2007

Terry Tousignant wrote:
<quoted text>I am still here defying the odds and making my drs. miserable! My results of my last cat scan have them baffled as they see no significant growth of the lymph nodes or lining of the lung cavity. My daughter signed me up for hospice and I get my weekly visits from the nurse who has decided I am her "project" and is insistent on me being immobile and quit work. Not going to happen! Work keeps me happy and customers keep me laughing! I believe I'm going to be here a lil' bit longer just to make my family crazy! sadly, I gave away all my winter clothes and racked up my charge accts. thinking I wouldn't be here when the snow flies! Now I'm goging to be naked and poor!
Good for you, very happy to hear that you're hanging in there. You have a great attitude and I agree with you, if you are happy working, then that is what you should be doing. Rack up those charge cards a little more, get a couple of sweaters and know that you are being thought of! I will keep lighting those candles for you and saying some prayers. Keep us updated!
April Rogalski Steele

South Yarmouth, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

She was a dear friend, j-school chum from BU, floormate, bridesmaid... to have known her was a great honor... she will alwas be rememberd in my heart as a phenomenal woman.
ChristineNYC

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

My aunt and cousin were killed in TWA800 in 1996. Lauren was a compassionate reporter. she cared. she may have wanted the story, but she never made us feel that way.

My uncle just recently passed and I had no idea that Lauren had passed last year. I'm glad she got to meet my cousin and aunt. I'm sure they loved her as much as we did.

our sympathies go out to everyone who loved her.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 17
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent East Moriches Discussions

Search the East Moriches Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MBV to Honor Evan Politico (Dec '13) 2 hr Incompetence 34
Waterfront Planning Survey 5 hr wake up 4
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 7 hr positronium 6,343
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 10 hr Steve Douchy 6,364
Trial begins in Coram chopped-up bodies case (Nov '09) 16 hr Bernard colletti 49
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Wed Sham Hannuty 16,777
Boycott the Issues with MBV Facebook Page Jul 22 wake up 175
•••
•••

East Moriches News Video

•••
•••

East Moriches Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

East Moriches People Search